Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

ABC's "If I only had a gun." OMG what a crock!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:36 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
LOL!!! I might steal that idea!

In case anyone was wondering why I LOVE Alan Keyes..... please watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXHWF...eature=related
Old 04-16-2009, 08:22 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
No... Judging by the percentage of registered voters and actual voters in the US I'd say it's a very poor example if any... You guys have on a few of your best times made it into what we would call a catastrophic low percentage... Our regular percentage is more than twice yours...
Hmmm, makes me wonder if you might not have more actual freedom in Sweden than we do here in the US.

However, I suspect it may be because people in Sweden probably believe and are able to exercise more control over their politicians; thus more people are motivated to vote. But this is just a guess.

Here politicians become so entrenched that it seems we can't get rid of them.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:28 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXHWF...eature=related
I'd forgotten all about Alan Keyes, he kind of fell of the radar. I can't believe he lost the Illinois Senate race to Obama.......oh yeah, that state is full of Liberals.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:09 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road

I wasn't familiar with him, but I am now. Interesting guy. He's a little bit crazy in the right kind of way.

Here's him debating Obama in 94. 6 videos in all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Qap...eature=related
Old 04-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently. You'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of an ABC interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: ?
Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE:
Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:14 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

Here's a great clip of Dr. Keyes.
I don't think he cares for Obama though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqkMfToY9Pk
Old 04-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Carnivore
Back Marker

Grizz is on a distinguished road
You have no idea how lucky you all are, try working within the gun control laws here in Canada!!! I wish we had the NRA on our side to help defend our rights.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:35 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

I am a member, but they are falling behind. As the gov. is throwing **** out of left field at a breakneck pace.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

I am a member, but they are falling behind. As the gov. is throwing **** out of left field at a breakneck pace.
I also am a proud member...

I have given memberships as gifts before as well...
Old 04-16-2009, 09:04 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
I'm NRA Life. Joined in 1982. I've got friends who are, or have been on the Board of Directors. The NRA hasn't fallen behind.

They killed the "assault weapon" ban Clintoon signed in 1994 and Bush tried to get passed again in 2004.

They got the federal law preventing people from suing gun makers out of existence 'cause some shitbird who stole a gun killed or hurt somebody.

They've gotten "shall issue" carry permits passed in over 30 states in the past 20 years. You can't overestimate the value of that. Once somebody gets used to carrying every day they have no patience for some leftist **** sucking ***** who wants to take that right away. It's very personal at that point.

Like every other 2nd Amendment hardass I've got my gripes with the NRA but know this;

Without the NRA we'd either be disarmed or voting from the rooftops by now.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:14 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Randman
General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently. You'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of an ABC interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: ?
Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE:
Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent.
CLASSIC!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:18 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

Colorado is now a Shall issue state. It really does become personal too.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:23 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

I may have spoke too soon, but sadly I feel almost confident that a new and expanded gun ban will be put into effect no matter what the NRA does. I hope I'm wrong tho.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Carnivore
Back Marker

Originally Posted by RK1
I'm NRA Life. Joined in 1982.
I too was a long time active member of the NRA from here in Canada. For years I donated extra money when I could, kept my membership in good standing and I preached their benefits to all my friends urging them to join.

Two years ago, after obtaining a carry permit in the state of Utah, it was announced that they were going to stop issuing to Canadians....just because it was too much hassle. After contacting the NRA for assistance as a longtime member I was told that, since I lived in Canada, I was not considered an “actual member”. Therefore, I was not afforded to same rights and privileges as someone who lived in the US!!

What really annoyed me was that they were quick to send out the membership payment requests, they were glad to take our extra donations but when it came to assisting one of there long term members…..the NRA abandoned us 100%.

Originally Posted by RK1
Without the NRA we'd either be disarmed or voting from the rooftops by now.
Welcome to Canada!!!

Last edited by Grizz; 04-16-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:10 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Grizz
I too was a long time active member of the NRA from here in Canada. For years I donated extra money when I could, kept my membership in good standing and I preached their benefits to all my friends urging them to join.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Two years ago, after obtaining a carry permit in the state of Utah, it was announced that they were going to stop issuing to Canadians....just because it was too much hassle. After contacting the NRA for assistance as a longtime member I was told that, since I lived in Canada, I was not considered an “actual member”.
Grizz;

I'd have to know more, but I wouldn't automatically dump on the NRA. Utah is very cool about issuing permits. Maybe your national or provincial government wouldn't cooperate with the criminal background check? The NRA does what it can here in the U.S. but has close to zero point zero political pull in Canada.

I've got the best answer for you- why don't you emigrate here and get your Utah permit?

We need more guys like you down here.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:40 PM
RK1
MotoGP

I may have spoke too soon, but sadly I feel almost confident that a new and expanded gun ban will be put into effect no matter what the NRA does. I hope I'm wrong tho.
Got to keep paying attention, but I don't think that's going to happen.

No less an authority than Bill Clinton stated that the Dems lost the House and Senate in 1994 because of the gun ban.

Dems don't hate the 2nd Amendment any less than ever, but I think they've finally realized they can either ban guns or stay in power, but they can't do both.

They gained control of Congress in '06 partly because they ran pro gun candidates in exburb and rural areas.

Any new federal gun laws mean they lose those seats.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Carnivore
Back Marker

Originally Posted by RK1
Grizz;

I'd have to know more, but I wouldn't automatically dump on the NRA. Utah is very cool about issuing permits. Maybe your national or provincial government wouldn't cooperate with the criminal background check? The NRA does what it can here in the U.S. but has close to zero point zero political pull in Canada.
You are right, unfortnately the NRA has no pull in Canada but this was an issue with the actual Utah government. What had happened is that I discovered a small loophole in their legislation that did not specifically exclude non-residents of the US. I decided to roll the dice and see what would happen. After several conversations with the ATF and the Atty General at the time, neither could find any grounds to deny me and issued the permit.

Like a kid at Christmas with my shiny new permit in hand, I told a friend who told a friend etc etc. Before I knew, it hundreds of Canadian applications flodded Utah with requests for permits. Unfortunately, it did not take them very long to decide to deny permits based on the fact they were becoming "overwhelmed". I tried to suggest that we would be willing to pay an increased fee, go on a rotational renewal schedual or whatever was required to ease the burden. I was simply told they were no longer interested in dealing with us and that any Canadian permit would immediately be denied.

At this point, I contacted the NRA to seek assistance as the US government was denying a CCW to one of their members. Unfortunately, you know the rest of the story.

Originally Posted by RK1
I've got the best answer for you- why don't you emigrate here and get your Utah permit?

We need more guys like you down here.
It is actually a pretty hard and long process for a Canadian to immigrate to the US. I am however in the process of deciding if my wife and I want to move to Texas to be with my uncle who is sick.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:31 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

Just come on down! Bring a sack of oranges, wear tattered clothes, and scream "ONDALAY!"........You'll have the US gov. in your back pocket in no time! Then, just to be sure, pop out a couple anchor babies!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:41 AM
Superstock

MUHerdFan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RK1
Got to keep paying attention, but I don't think that's going to happen.

No less an authority than Bill Clinton stated that the Dems lost the House and Senate in 1994 because of the gun ban.

Dems don't hate the 2nd Amendment any less than ever, but I think they've finally realized they can either ban guns or stay in power, but they can't do both.

They gained control of Congress in '06 partly because they ran pro gun candidates in exburb and rural areas.

Any new federal gun laws mean they lose those seats.
I'm in total agreements with your statements. In addition, although there is always a possibility of an additional ammo tax, I don't believe that the FAET (Firearms and Ammo Excise Tax) wil be increased. Since the NSSF supports the tax and how the majority of the tax goes to such things as the National Parks, I can't imagine that the government would risk decreasing income to a government entity. But then again, Local, State, and Federal gummints do stupid stuff all of the time.

On a side note, I got my MidwayUSA email notice that small pistol primers were now in stock. They sold out within 10 minutes. I guess that I'll stick to shotgunning for awhile since I have a ton of components for that....
Old 04-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

I gave my oldest his first 10/22 for his birthday, it's been hard enough to find .22 ammo at a good price...I just bought the last two boxes at a sporting goods store...$12.99 each for @ 333 rnds per box..that sucks the big nut...
Old 04-17-2009, 10:45 AM
MotoGP

Just come on down! Bring a sack of oranges, wear tattered clothes, and scream "ONDALAY!"........You'll have the US gov. in your back pocket in no time! Then, just to be sure, pop out a couple anchor babies!
And you get Food Stamps and free medical.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:31 PM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
And you get Food Stamps and free medical.
and you get to vote even tho you don't have to know the language that the elected officials are speaking. in fact you can pretty much thumb your nose at anybody speaking english, and eventually someone will bend over backwards to make sure you get a translation. at least until there are enough of you to just demand that everybody learns your language.

but I'm not bitter. Comprende?
Old 04-17-2009, 02:48 PM
guru of things sparky
SuperSport

Circuit_Burner is on a distinguished road
I will just build a laser.
No laws on the books for that.
Pretty silent except for the targets frying sound.
No ballistics either.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:50 PM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by davidka
You should do a little studying, we stand up to our government every 4 years and fight against the things we don't approve of. This last election serves as a good example of this.
yeah your probably right. I'm sure that the bachelors degree I've got in political science (no bullshit)is just the tip of the iceberg. and you know the real truth right? ***. you said yourself that realistically, its impossible to do what the constitution states we should do. in this case, rise up to check the government. right there you have stepped off. you mean YOU couldn't do it. YOU wouldn't do it. YOU don't have the nerve to do it. and sadly, you have lots of company. and yes I might get a little overzealous with my "suggestion for your middle east travel plans", but that's just because its the most useful way to utilize people such as yourself. cause god knows you are a waste of space here at home.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

If the bad people have guns then shouldn't we have them too, so we can protect ourselves and those who can't protect themselves?
Old 04-17-2009, 04:55 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsKzdKNAmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCezcAHXxRY
Old 04-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by swordfish
yeah your probably right. I'm sure that the bachelors degree I've got in political science (no bullshit) is just the tip of the iceberg. and you know the real truth right? ***. you said yourself that realistically, its impossible to do what the constitution states we should do. in this case, rise up to check the government. right there you have stepped off. you mean YOU couldn't do it. YOU wouldn't do it. YOU don't have the nerve to do it. and sadly, you have lots of company. and yes I might get a little overzealous with my "suggestion for your middle east travel plans", but that's just because its the most useful way to utilize people such as yourself. cause god knows you are a waste of space here at home.