WTB factory exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Squid

Tysonb is on a distinguished road
WTB factory exhaust

If you have a set of non modified cans for sale let me know. I also have a set of cans that I recently did a bafflectomy on for trade if interested.

Thank you in advance
Old 11-11-2008, 08:13 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Why yould you want to go back to stock? Just take some large sheet metal screws and fill the holes you drilled.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:23 AM
Squid

Tysonb is on a distinguished road
I cut then entire back baffle out. I used the hole saw to do it. It looks great, but when I did it, I was under the impression that I would not need to rejet, but I think on my bike I need to. Also I am not finding the information I was hoping for as far as a write up on rejetting. I guess I shoudl state I am a noob when it comes to working on bikes. I bought the superhawk because I wanted something I could work on, but just have not found much information for getting started.

Actually I love the way the debaffled exhaust sounds and would love to keep it that way, but I just dont have the cash to pay the dealer to tune it.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Superstock

Lefin102 is on a distinguished road
pm sent
Old 11-12-2008, 12:42 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
You might just get by with shimming the needles which isnt a real big job, I still have stock cans but the bike does run better with the shimmed needles - I used a #4 brass washer under each needle with about a .026 thickness - others have tried to stick close to .030 with good results... You can also adjust the pilot jet mixture screws a bit to richen up the low range.

Its your decision of course but if you like the better sound like you say it would be worth a little tinkering...

Originally Posted by Tysonb
I cut then entire back baffle out. I used the hole saw to do it. It looks great, but when I did it, I was under the impression that I would not need to rejet, but I think on my bike I need to. Also I am not finding the information I was hoping for as far as a write up on rejetting. I guess I shoudl state I am a noob when it comes to working on bikes. I bought the superhawk because I wanted something I could work on, but just have not found much information for getting started.

Actually I love the way the debaffled exhaust sounds and would love to keep it that way, but I just dont have the cash to pay the dealer to tune it.

Last edited by RickB; 11-12-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Squid

YellowBird is on a distinguished road
I have a set of stock cans if you decide to go that way.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Back Marker

01SuperChicken is on a distinguished road
I debaffled and don't need to retune.

Did you also remove the pair and scrap the e-crap?