eBay Buyer Beware!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Squid

VTRBandit is on a distinguished road
eBay Buyer Beware!

Hey guys just wanted to give ya'll a heads up out there. Theres a seller called steriledaryl and I doubt he is a member here, but he says hes selling off some parts that he was going to use for "other things" but he actually just bought 2 parts bikes and is making a killing. And yes I am kind of bitter because I wanted these auctions but still, youre bidding on wrecked bike parts just so you know!!

The parts bikes auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9935231&rd=1,1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9940529&rd=1,1

His auctions #s

among others which Im sure he will continue to post. I figured Id put this here in eBay since it generates more traffic than other places.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
So is there a problem other than the bikes were wrecked? Any bad dealings with this seller? Just curious....
Old 05-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Squid

No not so much. I just wanted to give everyone a fair warning that he may be misrepresenting his auctions about how he wanted to use all these parts to put a race bike together but he, nor does the guy who bought them from an insurance auction, know the condition of the parts besides the fact that they came from wrecked bikes.

He never started either bike and cant tell you how many miles are on the spedometer which means he wont know how many miles are on the motor. And if seeing as I was looking for a motor earlier, I sure wouldnt want to drop down $500 or so on something that has no hard record of running and has been sitting for who knows how long.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Back Marker

Chitownson is on a distinguished road
wrecked bike parts

If you want a good honest source of wrecked bike parts, contact Jim at Los Angeles Motorcycle Salvage. I've bought some bikes from him. He buys salvage bikes in bulk from insurance companies, does paint and repairs, ships parts all over the country and even ships containers of bikes overseas. Jim's a real nice patient guy and will help you out if he can and tell you if he can't. His website is:

http://www.losangelesmotorcyclesalvage.com/index1.html

P.S. tell Jim he needs to update his website.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Superstock

MarineHawk is on a distinguished road
In sterildaryls defense, he does mention the fact that they were bought at salvage auction with the non-repairable certs and whatnot. Unless he's changed his info since you posted, I don't see what would be wrong with it, people have been selling junkers (bikes, cages, parts, etc) since the beginning of it all...At least this one -says- it's a junker.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Superstock

Zedicus is on a distinguished road
one mans trash is another mans treasuer... more so now with thiefbay around.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Squid

Heres what got me:

"Hi, I am listing a good running Honda superhawk motor. This engine was going to go into a race bike but never went together. This will be a good replacement to you blown engine. I was told that the motor has around 5000 miles on it. If you have any questions just ask. I have alot of other parts so please just ask about then I bet i have close to 2 bikes. I also have a clear frame ready to go. Thank you for looking."

Doesnt say junker anywhere in there. Just wanted to give some guys a heads up cuz I wouldnt want them to get crap is all.