Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

wtb advanced ignition timing +4

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Back Marker

Shane702 is on a distinguished road
wtb advanced ignition timing +4

please pm
Old 05-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Superstock

KCCO is on a distinguished road
Found this today under Buyer/Seller Feedback. https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...advance-30312/ Cheers
Old 05-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Don't you think you ought to sort out all the other issues with your bike running before you start fiddling with timing advance?
Old 05-03-2013, 07:53 PM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RWhisen
Don't you think you ought to sort out all the other issues with your bike running before you start fiddling with timing advance?
Gee dad, Wally said it would make my bike faster, but that's real good advice.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:49 AM
SuperSport

sailorjerry is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RWhisen

+1 you should be focusing you're time and money on fixing the issues your bike has, rather than throwing performance parts at it, you need to adress and repair all the other issues you have had, and get the bike where shes running great, and all the maintanence is up to date before you start upgrading the engine.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Back Marker

Well I got rebuild kits, gaskets, I'm tearing apart clutch putting new plates and springs in with the evo shift kit, and I've ready how 98 and 99 bikes are much better on gas and idle better with +4 ignition timing, so while I'm putting my bike back together I'd like to install, grease, clean as I go, but yes I will look for the problem as I take my bike apart..as I've stayed 3 mechanic shops, alot of money and time has been wasted and still no solution, I tried that and to fix the one problem it's having...I have no one to help me besides this forum, so I decided a bike 13 year old from Europe where it rains 85% of the year, that replacing worn gaskets, rebuilding clutch cylinder , rebleeding brake and clutch fluids; putting a new clutch plate kit and springs in(yes I have heard many times clutch is strong on bike) I appreciate all advice, and all the help..but I am doing this for myself also, to learn, know my bike, and replace my first bike with all new or used parts and get her as close to new as I can...I will be relying on many of you for help along the way...I hope some of you can understand what I mean by I want to make sure every single gasket and piece of metal is checked on my bike; the scary close call deaths I've had; not from anything but the bike itself...I'd rather take my time , look at everhrhing and replace the easier stuff I can do..thank you
Shane
Old 05-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Squid

jmathern is on a distinguished road
Did you already get the EVO shift kit? I talked to the manufacture a couple of days ago, and he is telling me it will be at least another two weeks...

~Jon
Old 05-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Back Marker

I have 2 packages at the house, I will check tomorrow to see if it had been shipped already, the first company I bought from sent me an email next day saying manufacturer no longer makes product, if I was like a refund or something else..after that same day I bought another one (try not to buy directly from them, they are 199$ they site and 168$ elsewhere, I will look up what companies i bought from if u would like, not at computer ATM.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Squid

jmathern is on a distinguished road
Yeah, let me know.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:09 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Shane702
the scary close call deaths I've had; not from anything but the bike itself...I'd rather take my time , look at everhrhing and replace the easier stuff I can do..thank you
Shane
IMO all the more reason to get a good running stock bike. Safest thing you can do is put it in the condition that a large manufacturer with strict standards designed it for (and much cultural and financial motivation to not make an unsafe product).

I get what you're doing by upgrading and learning and don't disagree with it, just pointing out that you're saying conflicting things
Old 05-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Back Marker

What I'm basically doing more 7 is I have a suspension JDM built for a 175 rider, I and moving tomorrow..I will be sending him my forks to set those at 175 also, then I got a new front end for 100$ with straight rotors, I have a big belief that my rotors are bent and that they are screwing up somehow..also I plan on cleaning the carbs with compressed air and rechecking everything..then I plan on putting on new headeers(I have 4 giant dents in mine) I got those for 65$ shipped and have no defects, also I will add twin brothers exhaust..then I plan on checking and rebuilding if necessary the clutch slave clyinder..then I will change brake pads and rebleed clutch and brakes..then I will put in the evo shift star kit...then I will put it all back together and get the carbs adjusted and see if then my bike is riding/working properly...I appreciate u understanding, alot of people are very helpful just after all the mechanics and money and still isn't right, I wanted to rebuilt and replace a few small things, and my exhaust is stock; has dents; has a bafflectomy by po and has 35k miles...it was dropped before becuZ I can tell by headers and 2 big dents on exhaust..after I make sure everything is as the manual says, and I want to make sure my ccts are aligned right, and that the carbs, headers and exhaust is flowing right, and replacing front rim..I'm hoping he full alignment/replacement will fix the issue...I am not worrying about replacing alot of aftermarket stuff...I just know after I do all this, I would like to have the ignition advancer to have a smoother idle...thanks for all help/advice..it changed my outlook in what to do, and I do plan on getting the bike running right before I do any other upgrades, those are just the ones I wanted to do either way; and seems the smart way to go while I have it apart..the Scott's damper people say I don't need is more of a safety thing in my eyes for me..there are alot of long rough streets and pot holes..I wanted something to keep me going straight if I come across something..thanks again!!
Shane