Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

steering damper FS

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 11:05 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
steering damper FS

Hi again,

I have decided to part with my Daytona/Shindy steering damper. It comes with mounting hardware for stock (41 mm) forks. It is adjustable to 7 positions and works well.

Asking $100 (plus shipping). Pics are available (send me a request at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and payment is to be made by USPS money orders only.

thanks in advance
Old 08-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Back Marker

jserio is on a distinguished road
eMIAL sent.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:03 PM
MotoGP

See pic below.
Attached Thumbnails steering damper FS-damper_2_cc.jpg  

Last edited by mikstr; 08-25-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:21 PM
MotoGP

sold to jserio
Old 08-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Back Marker

little squirt is on a distinguished road
Let me know if still for sale
Old 08-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Back Marker

Letsrideinsc
SHINDY OR SHOTTY...

I have one also, and I'll sell it to anyone who wants it! 100 bucks also...but to be honest, this is the biggest piece of shiite I've ever played with. First off, they should use nylock nuts, they don't. I installed the dampner and rode with it for a week, I start my departure out of my driveway and holy crap my steering was locked to the left, holy hell I almost crashed at 5mph....why you ask? The bolt holding the damper to the bracket which attaches to the rad. bracket came loose and wiggled it's way out and the damper decided to lodge it self in between the frame trusses thus loosing steering! Then the stupid adjuster *** fell off while riding after I fixed the initial problem. I called shindy, an middle eastern person who said was the owner of the company and proceeded to tell me that the adjuster cannot come off and that I was mistaken. I was a sales manager for a large online motorcycle parts retailer and I mentioned to him that if he doesn't send me the replacement part, I will inform every customer and every person I know that this is crap quality. he sent me the part, I installed the **** with the star locking ring and it's all good. But never again shindy....FOR SALE!!!! POS!!! Mine is identical in every way to the picture.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:35 PM
MotoGP

Thanks for that comment dude! If you ever have something for sale on here I'll be to sure to pipe in too, ********. For what it's worth, I had mone on for three years and had NO problems at all.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:23 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Letsrideinsc
I have one also, and I'll sell it to anyone who wants it! 100 bucks also...but to be honest, this is the biggest piece of shiite I've ever played with. First off, they should use nylock nuts, they don't. I installed the dampner and rode with it for a week, I start my departure out of my driveway and holy crap my steering was locked to the left, holy hell I almost crashed at 5mph....why you ask? The bolt holding the damper to the bracket which attaches to the rad. bracket came loose and wiggled it's way out and the damper decided to lodge it self in between the frame trusses thus loosing steering! Then the stupid adjuster *** fell off while riding after I fixed the initial problem. I called shindy, an middle eastern person who said was the owner of the company and proceeded to tell me that the adjuster cannot come off and that I was mistaken. I was a sales manager for a large online motorcycle parts retailer and I mentioned to him that if he doesn't send me the replacement part, I will inform every customer and every person I know that this is crap quality. he sent me the part, I installed the **** with the star locking ring and it's all good. But never again shindy....FOR SALE!!!! POS!!! Mine is identical in every way to the picture.
Wow, you're a dick.

Also, try some f'ing locktite next time.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:37 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
+1 on the locktite. I'd also recommend doing the daily safety check before heading out.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Back Marker

Letsrideinsc
Not dissing the seller, just the part, and I've got the same thing for sale! It looked like it had been purchased already hence the pm's sent! No doubt about the locktight, that's my stupid fault, but the design of that thing is a POS! They should have lock pins! If you like em, great. Try turning the bike full turn to the right, and try backing it up into a parking spot and knock your knee on it or tear your jeans when the damper swings about 6" out and towards you. This is just my opinion, I have a perfectly good damper if somebody wants it. I don't recommend it. Hypro(sp?), ohlins, and there's a few other linear dampers out there that install WAY better. I mean take example the turnbuckle ends used, it's a shotty design and the customer service if something were to happen have turned me cold to them.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:03 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
The issue here is not the quality of the part, I have no experience so you may be 100% correct.

It's just that it's really bad form to trash talk a product that someone else is trying to sell in the EXACT same thread as the sale. Sold or not doesn't matter, if the first guy backs out now there is no way anyone else will buy it based on this thread.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Back Marker

Actual I was thinking twice about this since BUT not because of one person's opinion of it but the concern I have with the unit in the right turn and the shaft sticking out. I have big legs so I now definitely need a pic with the unit extended in the right turn before I fully re-commit to this purchase. I have to make sure my leg will not interfere and cause a safety issue. Hopefully someone will have a pic.

I know it was a sitty thing for the guy to do to inject his comments in someone elses for sale thread but I do not have a hundred bucks to just throw out the window.

Joe
Old 08-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Back Marker

Letsrideinsc
For all of you that missed out on purchasing mikstr's dampner....I have one....It's in great condition! 100 bucks shipped. This should have been my original post! Now you know what to expect if your interested.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:12 PM
MotoGP

It still might be for sale then...

FYI, I installed mine without removing the fairing or any major components and experienced ZERO problems in three years of riding (putting on about 15,000 miles in the process). Sure it's not an Ohlins, but, then again, try to find an Ohlins for $100. You get what you pay for and this damper worked great for me.

As for the rest of the discussion, jumping in and badmouthing a product that someone is trying to sell is low. Because you had a bad experience doesn't mean it is a shoddy product.

Anyhow, it no one wants it, it'll go on eBay. I thought I was doing some folks here a favour by letting it go cheap but if no one wants it or I am expected to give it away, I'll sell it for scrap metal first.....

As my high school auto tech teacher wisely remarked : "The funny thing about common sense is that it's not so common"
Old 08-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Back Marker

Consider this sold Mike. Remember I need your paypal addy.

Joe
Old 08-26-2008, 05:58 AM
MotoGP

"some of the sellers comments were way more offensive than the guy stating his experince with the part"

really now? Please elaborate...

"I also respect him saying he also has one, and that he does not think very highly of it. Maybe he came off as rash, but it for sure does not hurt to bring up some valid points."

I am not against someone expressing his opinion, but there is a time and place to do it and jacking my thread is NOT the right way to do it (something referred to as "common courtesy'). Perhaps he should have started up his own thread then and included all his precious information into his sales pitch.

It seems that some people seem to lack empathy and cannot understand how things feel until it happens to them so please post something for sale and I will happily help you with your empathy development.

Last edited by mikstr; 08-26-2008 at 06:04 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:39 AM
MotoGP

Damper is sold. Thanks Joe.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Gentlemen, I appreciate your honesty but posting a poor review of a product in somebody's classified ad is disrespectful. If you have input on a product then make a separate post, and if an interested buyer wants to do the research then he/she will find your post.

Please don't let this happen again. If it does then I expect the seller to send me a PM and I will take care of the problem. Don't take it into your own hands. That's why I'm here.

Congrats on the sale. This thread is now closed.