Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

SOLD: Muzzy polished aluminum standard mount slip on exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 02:37 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
SOLD: Muzzy polished aluminum standard mount slip on exhaust

SOLD SOLD SOLD. Beautiful like new pair of Muzzy standard (low) mount polished aluminum slip on exhaust mufflers. Polished stainless midpipes, inlets and endcaps with BRAND NEW polished aluminum sleeves. Just repacked. Pics speak for themselves. They're pretty much like new. I like the look of the badges on the sides but understand many might prefer the clean look without them so I left them off. (They're less than 6 bucks apiece from Muzzys.com if you want to add them). Muzzys - Exhaust System Parts

Please note that I've since replaced the one phillips head screw that didn't match with the correct button head cap screw and washer. I'll also include a few spares so you have them. Also one of the midpipes is shown without the exhaust gasket but they're both included. They're used but should still work ok. I removed them from another pair of pipes I have to get you by. One slips on and off the header fine. The other looked a little worse for wear (again just talking about a used gasket not the pipe) but if you're careful you should be able to reuse it. Otherwise just get some new ones (or use yours) and be done with it.

Since I know I'll get asked these are made to mount to the stock passenger footpegs like the stock mufflers (commonly referred to as standard or low mount). You could also use some high mount exhaust hangers and pivot them up for an RC51 style "low to high" look as I've shown in an older thread here: https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...hangers-15807/

The Muzzys look like they're actually still available for $564.62 from 58cycle here: 1997-2004 Honda VTR-1000 Muzzy Oval Slip On Exhaust 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004

I'll take $375 plus insured shipping with tracking.
Attached Thumbnails SOLD: Muzzy polished aluminum standard mount slip on exhaust-muzzy1.jpg   SOLD: Muzzy polished aluminum standard mount slip on exhaust-muzzy2.jpg   SOLD: Muzzy polished aluminum standard mount slip on exhaust-muzzy3.jpg   SOLD: Muzzy polished aluminum standard mount slip on exhaust-muzzy4.jpg   SOLD: Muzzy polished aluminum standard mount slip on exhaust-muzzy5.jpg  

Last edited by captainchaos; 03-11-2015 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:39 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

More pics...
Attached Thumbnails SOLD: Muzzy polished aluminum standard mount slip on exhaust-muzzy6.jpg   SOLD: Muzzy polished aluminum standard mount slip on exhaust-muzzy7.jpg   SOLD: Muzzy polished aluminum standard mount slip on exhaust-muzzy8.jpg   SOLD: Muzzy polished aluminum standard mount slip on exhaust-muzzy9.jpg   SOLD: Muzzy polished aluminum standard mount slip on exhaust-muzzy10.jpg  

Old 02-19-2015, 02:39 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

One more...
Attached Thumbnails SOLD: Muzzy polished aluminum standard mount slip on exhaust-muzzy11.jpg  
Old 02-19-2015, 02:51 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Captain, any idea how these sound?
Old 02-19-2015, 03:04 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by VTR1000F
Captain, any idea how these sound?
I've never mounted these on my bike or started them up. "How do they sound" is very subjective anyway and unfortunately kinda hard to describe in words. I always say I don't think it's possible to make a superhawk sound bad as long as both cylinders are firing. Having said that I know D&D's, especially with some time are on the louder side where street Yoshi's are actually the only aftermarkets I'd call surprisingly quiet for what they are. Two Bros and Devils are deep. Staintunes just sound amazing. Jardines a little more higher pitched... Sorry not sure where these might fall. I did pack them lightly so they could possibly end up on the louder side of things. But they're easily disassembled (screws not rivets, plus I beveled the insides of the caps so they'll go on much easier) in case one finds them too loud, so you could easily add some more packing and quiet them down a little. I did have a round Muzzy on my ZX12 and it was piercingly loud (I loved it though). These ovals probably aren't as bad though.

Last edited by captainchaos; 02-19-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:14 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Damn! I'd rather have these than my D&D. I've always been a fan of Muzzy pipes. What do I have that you want to trade for?!?!
Old 02-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Hmmm. Thinking about it.

"Too loud" - That's funny.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:46 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Wolverine
Damn! I'd rather have these than my D&D. I've always been a fan of Muzzy pipes. What do I have that you want to trade for?!?!
I wish I could brother but I need the cash... it's already spent. Mortgage has been late the last two months... Just finished 4th or 5th out of over 400 people in a hiring process. They hired 12, I still don't have a job... Trying to hustle some nice stuff on here trying to stay afloat...
Old 02-20-2015, 03:21 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Please note: I previously stated that one of the screws on the inside was a phillips head and didn't match. I've since replaced it with the correct button head cap screw and washer. I'll also include a few extras so you have them as one always seems to go missing in action whenever you take these apart.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:16 AM
Back Marker

UCF Eric is on a distinguished road
God I want these....they'd match that nice front end I got from you.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:13 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by UCF Eric
God I want these....they'd match that nice front end I got from you.
Let me know, I'd love to find them a good home. What did you say you're currently running for exhaust?
Old 02-22-2015, 03:28 PM
Back Marker

UCF Eric is on a distinguished road
I have Jardines currently, spent some time and was able to get the hardware needed to run passenger pegs. I just don't like the way my feet hit the up pipes.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:53 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
BUMP!

Originally Posted by UCF Eric
I have Jardines, I just don't like the way my feet hit the up pipes.
Join the club! Which is why you should probably scoop these up quick, their bark is bigger than their bite Jardine sound just isn't desirable.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:25 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

SOLD SOLD SOLD