Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

For Sale : Sportbike Magazines (lot)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Back Marker

jbeber is on a distinguished road
For Sale : Sportbike Magazines (lot)

Located in San Antonio TX--Local pick-up.

I've got about 230 sportbike magazines I'm parting with. The lot is mostly issues of SUPERBIKE, PERFORMANCE BIKES, FAST BIKES, RIDE, BIKE and TWO. There are more issues of Performance Bikes and Superbike than others and there are just a few American ones mixed in there. The issues date back to 1996 and the newest ones are from around 2003 or so. There are some car mags you can have too, only a dozen or so (mainly Performance Cars). They are not counted in the total--the 230 is the count of the Euro sportbike mags only . Most (90% or so) of the issues are in good to great condition, but there are some that have some cover damage and such. They have been stored indoors and are in Rubbermaid bins so they haven't been subjected to moisture/bugs/whatever else. I did take them out to take a pic. I'm not sure what the lot is worth, but new issues cost about $7-8, so I've spent around $1800 on these through the years. I went on eBay to look for pricing on old issues and saw a store selling old (around year 2000) issues for $12/ea! Rip-off. I was hoping to get an average of $2-3 ea.--that’s about $575 for the lot. Is that fair? Let me know if you've got questions. Shipping these would be a pain in the @&*$ and very costly, so local pickup in San Antonio TX would be ideal--I know it's not convenient for anyone that doesn't live in San Antonio/Austin or nearby, but I’ll throw in the bins too--bonus! That should make the drive worth it.

p.s. Many of the Superbike issues are missing the center page, but I have them in a folder or something somewhere--I just have to find it.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Back Marker

jbeber is on a distinguished road
Feel Free To Make An Offer Too....

Let me know what these mags are worth to you--or maybe make an interesting offer....$$$ is nice, but I'm looking for a mountain bike too....who knows??