Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

RC 51 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Back Marker

Dave Wicks is on a distinguished road
RC 51 for sale

Hi Guys;

I removed the former ad. didn't know how to make it all go away, rejected my attempt to delete the whole thing...

Dave
Old 11-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
12,000 CDN = 10,628.91 USD

That is rich. Thanks for the good laugh.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dave Wicks
Hi Guys;

This is not my bike, noticed the ad. in Canadian magazine, thought some of you might be interested
2002 RC 51
Full Akrapovic Ti system
Ohlins Shock
Mapped Power Commander
Corbin Seat
New Tires
Guys says it's mint, never raced...asking $12,000 Canadian
Near Calgary Alberta Canada...403-948-9552 or 403-921-5093

Take Care
Dave

$12k? uh no..BTW I got a rashed hawk for sale @ $9000
Old 11-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Back Marker

RC 51 for sale

Do I sense some sarcasm here??
Not my bike..not my interest.. winter has arrived up here...Try to negotiate maybe...I have no sense of what the price should be...they are rare up here
...so I'll delete the thread if I can....

I noticed your prices on all bikes are way lower than ours... Guess ours are better Heh heh... More horsepower, better gas mileage and nicer colours..

Dave
Old 11-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

They should have more horsepower, better mileage, and nicer colors if they cost 25% MORE than our bikes do! =P
Old 11-04-2006, 04:21 AM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Yeah, right! All the RC51's that are shipped to Canada are manufactured in China. That's what makes them worth more. :-D
Old 11-04-2006, 05:26 AM
Back Marker

vitter is an unknown quantity at this point
Do I sense some sarcasm here??
Not my bike..not my interest.. winter has arrived up here...Try to negotiate maybe...I have no sense of what the price should be...they are rare up here
...so I'll delete the thread if I can....

I noticed your prices on all bikes are way lower than ours... Guess ours are better Heh heh... More horsepower, better gas mileage and nicer colours..

Dave
they are not that rare. Here that bike should sell for less than $8K.

BTW, I have a theory about overpriced used vehicles.
GF tells the dude to sell the bike. BF reluctantly agrees, but explains that the bike cost him $16K new(they did in Canada), He added the full Akro($2K), Ohlins shock($1K), Power commander and Corbin seat($1K). He can't possibly lose over $10K on the bike, so he agrees to sell it, but for a higher price.
No calls, no offers, and the dude gets to keep his bike, but can claim he tried to sell it.

Or he is a greedy ******!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

Originally Posted by vitter
they are not that rare. Here that bike should sell for less than $8K.

BTW, I have a theory about overpriced used vehicles.
GF tells the dude to sell the bike. BF reluctantly agrees, but explains that the bike cost him $16K new(they did in Canada), He added the full Akro($2K), Ohlins shock($1K), Power commander and Corbin seat($1K). He can't possibly lose over $10K on the bike, so he agrees to sell it, but for a higher price.
No calls, no offers, and the dude gets to keep his bike, but can claim he tried to sell it.

Or he is a greedy ******!
ssssssh. you should not let that one out of the bag
Old 11-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Back Marker

RC 51 Not for Sale

I'm torn between telling some of you to get stuffed and smiling. So I guess I will just smile.. I'd be riding no matter how badly ripped off we Canadian's were. I guess we should have dropped A Bomb's then we could have got the better trade tariff's... Oh yeah we didn't have any A Bomb's...Question; is there a market for RC 51's??? I've seen new ones 3-4 year's old in show rooms, but really never see them on the streets.. I'm sure Honda didn't make a ton of them...It seemed there was chatter on this site about people thinking of getting one for a canyon or track bike..so I thought this might be a choice unit for somebody...Oh well... Just in case you think otherwise I like Americans...travel lot's on the great highways of Washington, Montana, Idaho and the desert states...But I sure will not post any more info about neat bikes for sale from the Canadian side of the border...

Take Care
Dave
Old 11-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

I'm torn between telling some of you to get stuffed and smiling. So I guess I will just smile.. I'd be riding no matter how badly ripped off we Canadian's were. I guess we should have dropped A Bomb's then we could have got the better trade tariff's... Oh yeah we didn't have any A Bomb's...Question; is there a market for RC 51's??? I've seen new ones 3-4 year's old in show rooms, but really never see them on the streets.. I'm sure Honda didn't make a ton of them...It seemed there was chatter on this site about people thinking of getting one for a canyon or track bike..so I thought this might be a choice unit for somebody...Oh well... Just in case you think otherwise I like Americans...travel lot's on the great highways of Washington, Montana, Idaho and the desert states...But I sure will not post any more info about neat bikes for sale from the Canadian side of the border...

Take Care
Dave
Dave,

As a fellow Canadian, I can tell you we are not that much off especially with the canadian dollar as it stands now. Your post for the RC at 12k is way way off market value. I have seen a mint condition 51 with practically the same mods selling for $7000 CDN and he had a hell of a time selling it.
The reason is;

a) Bike insurance
b) every other kid wants a Gxxer or R6.

The maket is not that great for the RC , TLs, or the hawk. Unless there is a sucessful racing series. The SV is a good case in point. A great grassroot following and at 650 cc it doesn't hurt.

But I like my liter bikes. To me this is somewhat like a secret society. If only people would give these high performance Vs a try, they would be converted. ****, I will never go back to inline unless there is always another V in my stable.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

On the plus side, you get free health care. It's worth every penny in taxes. But, then again, that's in Canadian dollars. =P
Old 11-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Back Marker

Rc 51

The listing I put in is from someone I do not know. On the Canadian market it would be dissappointing for the poor sod to realize that the bike he paid $16-14 for..plus all the accessories he put on ..plus new tires is only worth $7..ouch.. I think there is a price difference east to west in Canada... I see some incredible prices in Quebec... This guy lives near Calgary...which as Canadian's know is a booming ecomomy....all of Alberta actually is.. Starting salary at Tim Hortons in Ft. Mcmurray..$17 bucks an hour to pour coffee..So maybe they think their RC's are worth $12,000...?? His listing is in the Canadian Auto Trader...under motorcycles... I agree with your comments on the "charm" of the v-twin sound and performance..especially the 90 degree twins..Just got a 2000 VTR with 7000 k.m.s... winter settled in before much chance to ride it... Got the wife a 2001 250 Ninja with 6500 km.s.. Can't wait for the spring.... I'm 58..she's 56..been riding since 1969.. I just realized this should not be in classified section..sorry guys.. I'll let this thread die now..

Take Care
Dave
Old 11-04-2006, 06:16 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Hell no, you're just getting to the good part. Glad you enjoy your Superhawk. Let the other bloke fend for himself. Sometimes the truth hurts and he did it to himself. I think all of us here realize that we put that kind of money into a Superhawk the dam thing is going to be in my garage until I die - just so it's still with me. I've told my son that there will be an Interceptor in the garage a year from now. There will be a Superhawk parked right next to it.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Squid

cloakerz is on a distinguished road
bike prices here in canada are stupid. I see used stuff rr's,gsxr's, zx's etc just a few years old going for 10k or more. in the states the same bike is 7k or less. Thats why when I saw a 03 superhawk brand spanking new last year at the honda shop I jumped at it for $9500.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Dave, don't worry about jacking your own thread. I think others took care of that for you. This is an open forum. Feel free to shoot the **** about bike prices here.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Back Marker

Rc 51

:-D Hey Greg..

A mellow response...thanks man. I'm really excited about the Hawk. I traded a 98 Valk with 63,000 km.s for the 2000 Hawk with 7000 km.s and a 2001 250 Ninja with 6500 km.s That era of Valk up here is selling for $9,000-$11,000US. market about $5,000- $7,000..Valk was a hoot...blew off every Harley in the area...even the ones with $10,000 in their engine... The feel and handling of the VTR after the Valk is really great...Can't wait for next summer to get the Hawk out into the Rockies...I talked to the Honda Dealership in Great Falls Montana this past summer, said he moved 70 bikes into Canada this year...can see why..

Take Care
Dave
Old 11-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Yeah, I went from a 590# '94 CBR1000F to the Superhawk and really liked the weight loss. That was my main consideration when buying it actually. I had taken a trip to Deal's Gap on the 1000F and pushed the front so bad there was nothing left of the tire after one weekend. That bike was NOT made for the twisties! I knew I had to get something lighter. The S'Hawk was the one. I can't imagine what it was like to go from a 800# Valk to the VTR!
Old 11-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Squid

RedHotFireStorm is on a distinguished road
I can relate with the weight loss (although not as drastic as yours)
This was my first summer with my VTR, after riding my CB900 for 19 years.
NO REGRETS !
-creature of habit- I was accustomed to my 900 until my buddy threw me the keys to his TL1000S. I was instantly hooked on modern V-powered sport bikes.

Reliability, performance, fun.
Life's too damn short....Enjoy !
Old 11-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Back Marker

Rc 51

Hi again;
Winter has settled in up here..spent some time before supper, changed oil in the Super Hawk..actually mines called a Firestorm..same thing.. Before the Valk I had a 04 St 1300 Honda... Truly amazing bike..sport touring at it's best...Honda worked some magic with that bike...720 lb.s handled amazing..about same performance as the VTR..huge 7.5 gallon tank..300 miles at 80 mph...spooky..incredibly comfortable...They are about 16-18,000 up here...But I'm pumped about the VTR...haven't looked forward to riding like this since I bought a gorgeous 850 Norton in 1974...similar kind of charm..Hawk is ligh-years past that... pd. $2,200 for the Norton brand new..Should have stuck it in a closet...Your prices on parts accessories, tires way below what we pay...Bought a Vance and Hines Pro-Pipe, Techlusion Fuel injection Module, New Filter system..had it shipped to Canada from Oregon for less than just the Pro-Pipe itself in Canada...Our season is way shorter than most Americans, bikes are more expensive in every way...
But Duhamel is one of ours...But Hayden is one of yours.. I was crying I was so excited for him...

Take Care
Dave