Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Moriwaki Rearsets

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 06:09 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
That's good news! I am going through my bike making several changes before the season opens and last night while finishing up my cleanup of the swingarm, I discovered a half inch crack in the top of my right rearset. It has worked it's way down through the spine and into the thicker metal about a half inch. Probably the result of a fall when the PO had it. It doesn't look like the work on these new rearsets will be just an "occasional read" for me now. I look forward to your every progress and if there's anything you guys need please post up or pm.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:18 PM
MotoGP

And that reminds me of another thing. Even before I found the crack I thought it would be a good idea to offer to share some of the expenses of the development of these sets. Others have spoken of their eventual interest in owning a set. I think it's appropriate to make the offer to share the expenses while the final product is being prepared. Even if the project fails some expense will be incurred. If the project is a success, the benefits will be shared by many.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Superstock

trinity012 is on a distinguished road
Hey I think Nuhawk is right , I m supported that idea.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Back Marker

AC COBRA
yep i should have all the dimensions i need

what I am doing is making a set that are between the coerce rear sets and the moriwaki's

the moriwaki's would require way too much machining and jigging to cut all the contours and sides

the coerce will be much easier to make but not adjustablke, so basically i will be making adjustable coerce rearsets with dimesions stemming from moriwaki, anyone confused lol

btw - I am drawing them up right now so they should be cut and tested in a few weeks weather permitting
Old 01-30-2007, 03:13 PM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
That's what makes this forum rock and becouse its for a superhawk of course.Good people just make it better whatever you are doing.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:07 PM
MotoGP

What a great combination and makes all the sense in the world! The Moriwaki's work great and are nice to look at but they would require a lot more machine time so using the Coerce style makes perfect sense. And great news that you are moving along.

I think there is a limited but viable market for a whole host of parts that were great at the time - fell out of production, could be easily recreated (not cop**d) and reproduced. Marketing of these parts in the day of widespread internet usage around the globe was not the norm in the Superhawk's hayday. It's a whole new game out there now!

I was thinking last night that I would start a thread about the list of machined parts that I would like to have or see available. Maybe I'll have time tonight. Thanks for the update!
Old 01-30-2007, 07:01 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
I was thinking last night that I would start a thread about the list of machined parts that I would like to have or see available. Maybe I'll have time tonight. Thanks for the update!
I'd like to see someone start machining us some 1200cc engines Anyone?
Old 02-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Superstock

Scumbag is an unknown quantity at this point
I am waiting with bated breath....hahah....I cant wait to see em AC...good work!
Old 02-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Back Marker

AC COBRA
sorry to put everyone down but i think this project has been squashed

I just picked up an 05 r1 last night so rear sets on the hawk or the opposite of the way the bike is going

if anyone is interested i can still draw them up in cad and/or put machine code to them
Old 02-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Back Marker

AC COBRA
if i have time in the next couple weeks i may still make a set just to get some extra practice on the machine but no promises
Old 02-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Superstock

Scumbag is an unknown quantity at this point
lets hope he gets some practice...haha...have fun with the R1...