General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Moriwaki Rearsets

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Superstock

trinity012 is on a distinguished road
Moriwaki Rearsets

Hi everyone I just received my MW rearset today, my question is where do i find doweling tool in order to take swingarm bolt off? thanks in advance for any answer, infos, advice. James
Old 03-06-2007, 12:25 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
I thought the swingarm was just a regular nut and long bolt beneath the plastic cap - no special tools other than a long socket necessary.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Squid

VTRBandit is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cliby
I thought the swingarm was just a regular nut and long bolt beneath the plastic cap - no special tools other than a long socket necessary.
Yep thats all it is, nut is on the right if I remember correctly. take that off, then get a long enough (and strong enough) screw driver or anything else that will work and lightly tap it out with a rubber mallet. Worked for me!
Old 03-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Superstock

VTR Bandit, thank you 4 your respo, yes it is but only 1 problem have no one to hold the bike when rear tire and swingarm off. Anyone give me a hand (just kidding)
Old 03-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Squid

VTRBandit is on a distinguished road
Well, I guess it was easier for me since I was tearing the whole bike down, so I had the whole exhaust off. My first time, I just had the bike supported on a cinter block. Second time, I bought an ATV jack from Harbor Freight and it was a lot nicer to be able to lift and lower the whole engine.

It is possible to use just a plain jack, and rig up some 2x4s to bypass the headers, but that is a little trouble than its worth I think.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Squid

tophyr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by trinity012
VTR Bandit, thank you 4 your respo, yes it is but only 1 problem have no one to hold the bike when rear tire and swingarm off. Anyone give me a hand (just kidding)
Check out how I dropped it a few weeks ago - hang the bike from the ceiling. I used those screw-in hooks you can hang bicycles from, just make damn sure you screw the hook into a stud, not just drywall. You'll have to support the front so the tire doesn't turn, or the bike will flop over, and you should also be careful about putting too much weight on one side. It's not rock solid, but it's definitely good enough for the job. Mine hung there for three weeks without incident.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Superstock

Thanks for infos ,sir.Nice bike anyway what are you working on w/SH now?
I have afew more stuffs before the whole bike completed, rejet, wait for ceramic coat to finish (I should have done whole complete end to end black) rearsets, replace w/vortex clip on handle bar,grips,pazzo lever, rear brake line, M R front rear fender-belly pan.) it just too cold this year to tinker w/the bike now 29* out side
Old 03-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Squid

tophyr is on a distinguished road
I'm working on race-prepping mine. It won't be as pretty at the end of this summer, I'm pretty sure I'm trying to find some way to mill out some custom rearsets I've got designed, and then aside from that all I've gotta do is safety-wire the bike and do some fiberglass work to replace the lights with number plates. Got some sliders on their way, because it's pretty much guaranteed that I'm going to crash, several times :P
Old 03-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Back Marker

bowhawk is on a distinguished road
I did the same thing, hang the bike from the rear passenger mounts just enough to light the rear. I used a wooden dowel rod the same width as the bolt and forced it through to push the bolt out. This kept everthing in line and allowed me to do it alone. Hope this helps.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:11 PM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
It helps me changing my resets this weekend along with shock, rear huger, undertail, tire just like a different bike.