SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/)
-   -   Moriwaki Rearsets (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/moriwaki-rearsets-10086/)

RCVTR 12-07-2006 12:01 PM

Moriwaki Rearsets

Well I was holding these for Naked Chef. Last I heard from him was about 4 weeks ago. I sent him a message last week asking if he was still interested and got no reply. I hope he is ok.

I have good, straight complete Moriwaki racing rearsets (ok for street, but no rear brake light).

Hard to find. Get in line. $200.

cheers,
Rand

VTRDarren 12-07-2006 12:15 PM

ooohh... tasty!

Kendrick 12-07-2006 01:00 PM

So hooking up the rear brake switch is out of the question? I'm still interseted either way. Pictures?

Kendrick

iscoot 12-07-2006 01:32 PM

no pix!

VTRDarren 12-07-2006 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kendrick (Post 36560)
So hooking up the rear brake switch is out of the question? I'm still interseted either way. Pictures?

Kendrick

you could use a pressure switch banjo like this. I did that for my front master cylinder from a gsxr and was then able to have brake light activation.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Goodr...QQcmdZViewItem

JamieDaugherty 12-07-2006 02:58 PM

Yeah, pictures!

RCVTR 12-07-2006 03:46 PM

When I've tried posting pictures on this site lately, it wants to make them small and useless.

any suggestions?
You've all seen the pictures at "my work in progress". they look like that but don't come with the bitchin bike and titanium exhaust system. But don't feel bad. I don't have the bike either.

calitoz 12-07-2006 08:35 PM

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_...photo_06.html?

like that?

Hawkrider 12-07-2006 10:43 PM

RCVTR, all your pics on that post are good. They are thumbnails. When you click on them it opens a new window with the larger pic. If you're account still isn't working lemme know and I'll see if I can fix it.

BTW, I AM interested in these. Why are you selling them? I assume they are in good condition?

captainchaos 12-08-2006 03:55 AM

Well I guess the line starts here? PM sent.

RCVTR 12-08-2006 08:18 AM

I was trying to attach photos directly from my hard drive and they wanted to be resized. whan I did that they cam out tiny. I don't want to go to a photo host, because I'm lame and lazy. :) I don't have SH22's bag o' trix.

Whay am I selling them? Because they are sitting in a box and not zooming around a track.

May be sold...

Stumpy 12-13-2006 06:37 AM

Money sent for the rearsets. Hope they bring me luck.

Stumpy 01-15-2007 06:24 PM

Rearset mods

2 Attachment(s)
Hello

Update on installing the Moriwaki Rearsets. First I received them as promised and happy with them. Upon cleaning and so forth I decided to replace the bushings with bearings. What I ended up with is 2 bearings each side total of 4 was about $ 22 plus change. Had to mill hole little less than 20mm 2mm bigger than stock. Even if you have to pay someone to mill if for you can’t be that much. So now we have 2 sealed bearings on each side
Id 8mm - Od 20mm - Thick 11.5mm
I believe the size is used for most roller blades so good bearings for cheap. Here are some pics if I can upload them right first time to try. But still need to put them on along with other stuff needing some loving care. I just took of the date feature these are up to date this weekend

AC COBRA 01-15-2007 07:58 PM

would you be willing to measure a few things for me, I have access to a cnc mill and would love to cut some of these out, but i would like to copy an existing set instead of making my own from scratch

the moriwaki's look like a good compromise between race and street

let me know please, if you dont want to no problem

they look good, especially with the roller bearings, good work

EngineNoO9 01-15-2007 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by AC COBRA (Post 39439)
would you be willing to measure a few things for me, I have access to a cnc mill and would love to cut some of these out, but i would like to copy an existing set instead of making my own from scratch

the moriwaki's look like a good compromise between race and street

let me know please, if you dont want to no problem

they look good, especially with the roller bearings, good work

if you do this, I would be willing to pay for a set pending how well they work...

AC COBRA 01-15-2007 08:24 PM

once you make 1 set you might as well make 2 or 3 lol

need to make one set and see if they come out ok

Stumpy 01-16-2007 03:20 AM

Rearsets

Sure now is the time before I put them on my bike let me know what you need for mesurments send me your email and I will send better pics

Arctic Fire 01-16-2007 06:44 AM

4... 4 sets.. mwhaa ha ha ha (like the count)

sprhawk neil 01-16-2007 02:42 PM

lets get this ball rolling !! I'd be interested to see if they turn out keep us updated

JamieDaugherty 01-16-2007 07:06 PM

Stumpy - I don't know where you are with this, but I too would love to help. In order to properly match the design I would need to have the parts sent to me fir measurements. Unfortunately pictures will not be enough. Send me a PM if this is something you would consider.

Stumpy 01-16-2007 07:19 PM

I was going to trace all the parts this weekend on tag board along with what ever data is needed I might be able to make a drawing of the most important parts time is the big problem training a one year old Weimaraner pointer one of my other loves of life would be a hard decision to make between that dog and bikes the wife is the hard part. Always thinking for herself not about track days what she think wast the summer at the beach. let me know what you think

AC COBRA 01-16-2007 08:25 PM

stumpy sent me a bunch of pics and they came out good

as JamieD said, if I had the parts i could make exact replicas as well

but I dont expect stump to let these out of his sight

crap I would buy them from him then sell them back with a legally binding contract one week later, but I still dont think he would let them out of his sight lol, dont think I wouldhttp://www.norcal1320.com/forums/ima...lies/getit.gif

AC COBRA 01-16-2007 08:25 PM

oh, and stumpy, dont feel the need to crank these out, i wont have time to even work on them for over a week, so i feel you on the time issue

sprhawk neil 01-22-2007 03:49 PM

is this all she wrote on this subject or what??

nuhawk 01-22-2007 05:32 PM

Neil this will be a week out tomorrow. AC stated he needed a week. I've done a little research on this and if they can pull this off it would be great. Let's give it a little more time. This could be good for all of us in the long run. These parts are the real deal and if these guys can copy them there's no copyright, trademark, nothing to stop them. Anybody that has access to the raw materials (a block of aluminum) can make the parts. The know-how of the machines and access to the machines to build them is the important part. BTW, I want a set too!

Randman 01-22-2007 08:01 PM

me thinks me would be interested, maybe, though I am broke now fo show....lol

Stumpy 01-23-2007 04:51 AM

I can give them what they need.
Right now I need to make the shifter & Brake pegs. Just some lath time. But I think the rearsets will get copyed but this is a real slow thing takes a long time in front of a machine. For the first one then much easer
Will make prints this week snow hit parents came over dog traning and most of all much needed sleep man I need a track day. Makes it all better.

AC COBRA 01-23-2007 02:20 PM

its going to take me some time, i dont even have dimensions friom stumpy yet

even if i did I would not have the time to make them, then I have to put them on my bike, hope they fit right, then ride it to make sure they are correct

If you are interested this is not going to be a one week turn around by any means, if it turns around at all

I am not going to rush stumpy because he is doing this for free, he has all the time he needs

sprhawk neil 01-23-2007 03:37 PM

sorry guy's, I just got excited after reading this thread. who would'nt!! please forgive me I'll wait and watch patiently, I promise

Stumpy 01-28-2007 05:58 PM

Sent some stuff. He will let me know when he need more.
Lots of things to consider with all the things needed or wanted in a rearset. I could not do it. Hey whats the longest thread we may be getting close to it.