Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Custom Seat Creations

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Custom Seat Creations
Squid

beckycronis is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by skokievtr
Becky,

I have a Sargent saddle I had them make 1.5" higher in the pilot zone, which I reshaped to my liking (3rd time was the charm). I have re-attached the Sarget cover but it "hammocks" over my patented "butt pan" and "ball gutter", so I need a new cover. I've checked out what is available online and the Allsports anti-slip vinyl seems to be the ticket. On your website you list the "AS Black" but can you get their AS101 High Tac-Black non-slip? Does this material really "bite" your butt so to speak. The Sargent no-slip "Griptex" does not prevent me fron sliding when I'm wearing my nylon Aerostitch Roadcrafter suit but in leathers its OK.

I figure you would need my saddle in order to tweak your VTR pattern so it lays properly, no? How much would it be for a "custom" cover for my "massaged" Sargent saddle and would it be longer than 2 weeks?

Thanks

Thanks for the inquiry.

We have an Installation section as well. It's pricey because of the time involved. Yes, it may take longer than 14-business days due to shipping of the seat.

http://customseatcreations.com/Install_index.html

Does your Sargent seat require rivets to hold the cover on? What type of seat pan is it? We normally only install over OEM seats.

I'd honestly just recommend purchasing a yard of the vinyl yourself and installing it or take it to a local shop near you. You won't have to pay for shipping of your seat. It'd be cheaper in the long run for you.

We have to order that type of vinyl as it's not one of our selections. It is possible. Can't speak of the amount of grip as we don't have it. We'll get some ordered to see how it would handle and then offer it on the site if it's true to it's name in about 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Becky
Old 05-05-2008, 07:12 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by beckycronis
Thanks for the inquiry.

We have an Installation section as well. It's pricey because of the time involved. Yes, it may take longer than 14-business days due to shipping of the seat.

http://customseatcreations.com/Install_index.html

Does your Sargent seat require rivets to hold the cover on? What type of seat pan is it? We normally only install over OEM seats.

I'd honestly just recommend purchasing a yard of the vinyl yourself and installing it or take it to a local shop near you. You won't have to pay for shipping of your seat. It'd be cheaper in the long run for you.

We have to order that type of vinyl as it's not one of our selections. It is possible. Can't speak of the amount of grip as we don't have it. We'll get some ordered to see how it would handle and then offer it on the site if it's true to it's name in about 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Becky
Sorry about PM'g you but I did not see your reply until after refreshing twice.

The AS-101 no-slip is about $19 yd and I had checked with local shops but was waiting to hear from you. The Sargent pan is their standard PolyTec and their cover is a multi-panel affair rather than one piece stretched to fit like the Honda OE. I'll probaly have a local shop cut and sew a multi-piece cover similar to the Sargent but with a deeper pilot zone and install it myself; the passender zone is unchanges and fits fine. On the other hand I have a sewing machine and may try doing it all myself.

Thanks for your input
Old 05-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Custom Seat Creations
Squid

beckycronis is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by skokievtr
Sorry about PM'g you but I did not see your reply until after refreshing twice.

The AS-101 no-slip is about $19 yd and I had checked with local shops but was waiting to hear from you. The Sargent pan is their standard PolyTec and their cover is a multi-panel affair rather than one piece stretched to fit like the Honda OE. I'll probaly have a local shop cut and sew a multi-piece cover similar to the Sargent but with a deeper pilot zone and install it myself; the passender zone is unchanges and fits fine. On the other hand I have a sewing machine and may try doing it all myself.

Thanks for your input
No problem. I try to help whenever possible. Best of luck.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Superstock

mikecronis
There's 3 designs currently available at customseatcreations.com now. Solid, a cowl-look (which is nifty) and a "Slipstream" line, if you're interested.