Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Cush Drive (rubber damper) Rear Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Back Marker

badboyrr is on a distinguished road
Cush Drive (rubber damper) Rear Wheel

WTB: Cush drive rubber damper (5 ea) anyone got any? Mine are wore out big time! Thanks.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Back Marker

badboyrr is on a distinguished road
Ooops

For my 98 Superhawk
Originally Posted by badboyrr
WTB: Cush drive rubber damper (5 ea) anyone got any? Mine are wore out big time! Thanks.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Just buy a new set for around $25

Honda, ATV Parts, Scooter Parts, Motorcycle Parts,CRF,CR,MX Parts, Goldwing parts

Pos #1
Old 11-29-2011, 07:29 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
yep , go new.

Another discount Honda parts source

Hammond Indiana, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Sea-Doo, Can-Am, Polaris, Ski, Tucker Rocky, Parts, ATV, Motorcycle, UTV, Accessories, Apparel,
Old 11-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Back Marker

Partsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Or you could buy the polyurethane ones that I have. and never buy a set again...
Old 11-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Partsman
Or you could buy the polyurethane ones that I have. and never buy a set again...
Don't know if I would want to run polyurethane in this application. You need a bit of play or "cush" in the drive line on the street or you will tear up the rear sprocket and also put a unnecessary load on the chain.

So it doesn't sound like a way to save money in my book as the cush drive rubbers are a lot cheaper than chains and sprockets...... IMHO
Old 11-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Back Marker

I have been running polyurethane dampers for 5 years.....two up.....riding hard.....I put 49000 miles on a set with no issues on the chain or sprockets......but what would I know I have only had 17 Super Hawks since 2006......anyway....I have sold over thirty sets no complaints........
Old 11-29-2011, 09:23 PM
SuperSport

mboe794 is on a distinguished road
Somewhere, maybe on this forum, I read about shimming the rubber blocks with pieces of bicycle inner tube. I happen to have a large sheet of rubber membrane used for flat roofs. Pretty similar to a tube. I've been using small pieces of that for quite some time now. May complicate reassembly of the hub to the rim though. Especially if the small strips of rubber that connect the pairs of blocks are all broken like mine are.

Anyway, it does the job. A simple, cheap way to prolong their life. My bike with 50k miles feels more "solid" than my dad's Superhawk with only 8 or 9k.

I guess for around 25 bucks, simply buying new ones isn't a bad idea either. Guess I never bothered to check the price. But sometimes I like to do things the hard way.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Back Marker

Millathane® 76
A general purpose polyester millable urethane rubber for abrasion resistant application
Millathane 76 is a polyester millable urethane having improved processing properties over a wide Mooney viscosity range. Compounds can be compression, transfer, or injection molded in a hardness range of 30 to 90 Shore A. Millathane 76 can be vulcanized by either sulfur or peroxide cure systems.

Millathane 76 has excellent damping properties useful in vibration control for many automotive applications. Many o-rings, seals and gaskets are made from Millathane 76 because of its excellent oil and fuel resistance. Millathane 76 is comparable to nitrile in oil and fuel resistance, but has better low temperature properties and excellent ozone resistance.

Millathane 76 can be used to replace conventional elastomers such as natural rubber, nitrile, and EPDM. Millathane 76 possesses excellent abrasion resistance combined with toughness, low temperature flexibility, ozone resistance, good damping, high tear strength and good stress relaxation properties. Such a combination of properties makes Millathane 76 a suitable choice in many applications such as bushings, small copier rolls and bumpers, o-rings, hydraulic seals, belts, solid tires, and many other high performance polyurethane parts.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Banned
MotoGP

I have been running polyurethane dampers for 5 years.....two up.....riding hard.....I put 49000 miles on a set with no issues on the chain or sprockets......but what would I know I have only had 17 Super Hawks since 2006......anyway....I have sold over thirty sets no complaints........
You know I did have a reply to your little rant here but you really aren't worth the time...... So go ahead and ***** your parts some more and I'll make sure I never buy a damn thing from you and if anyone asks, well I'll tell them to stay far away from you also....... Happy now??
Old 11-30-2011, 04:38 AM
Back Marker

So many bullies so little time....Just stating the facts......I was not "ranting".......I just happened to have some informed knowledge on the subject.......Badboyy I have New Honda dampers in factory packaging... I will send to you for free....Merry Christmas....Pm me your address and I will get them to you........As for you 8541Hawk, I did not mean to hurt your feelings....Please forgive me!.......I love the new name "partswhore"...What a novel idea and username.....I may have to use that! Where are those moderators when you need them?
Old 11-30-2011, 05:10 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Where are those moderators when you need them?
Sitting back watching users make fools of them self's. This is a group of adults (who most of the time act like adults) And self moderation normally takes care of things..

For now, the only issues I see are a constant supply of being laid into many posts
Old 11-30-2011, 05:17 AM
Back Marker

He started it!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
More questions on the urethane buffers

Is this the urethane product your using for your buffers?

Are they injection molded or milled from raw blocks?
Are they individual blocks?

Are they a snug fit when installed, removing all felt movement in the cush drive?

What shore are these buffers?

Pictures?
Price?

Millathane® 76
A general purpose polyester millable urethane rubber for abrasion resistant application
Millathane 76 is a polyester millable urethane having improved processing properties over a wide Mooney viscosity range. Compounds can be compression, transfer, or injection molded in a hardness range of 30 to 90 Shore A. Millathane 76 can be vulcanized by either sulfur or peroxide cure systems.

Millathane 76 has excellent damping properties useful in vibration control for many automotive applications. Many o-rings, seals and gaskets are made from Millathane 76 because of its excellent oil and fuel resistance. Millathane 76 is comparable to nitrile in oil and fuel resistance, but has better low temperature properties and excellent ozone resistance.

Millathane 76 can be used to replace conventional elastomers such as natural rubber, nitrile, and EPDM. Millathane 76 possesses excellent abrasion resistance combined with toughness, low temperature flexibility, ozone resistance, good damping, high tear strength and good stress relaxation properties. Such a combination of properties makes Millathane 76 a suitable choice in many applications such as bushings, small copier rolls and bumpers, o-rings, hydraulic seals, belts, solid tires, and many other high performance polyurethane parts.