Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

'98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work $1700 in MN

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 06:27 AM
Squid

jesse.crenshaw
'98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work $1700 in MN

Updated on 5-8-2013: SOLD!!!

1998 SuperHawk, 25k miles

The Good: (or in other words, Mods)

-Aftermarket Exhaust, Erion Racing, Black cans. It's loud, and has been jetted to match the exhaust so no weird carburetion issues. I do have more packing material somewhere in the garage if you wana repack the cans to quiet them. I personally like the sharp-edged bark.
-Ohlins rear shock. No idea of the spring rate, I think it's set up for a 180 â€" 200 pound aggressive male. Also the spring/shock has been spaced up (raised) for more aggressive steering geometry. I can get you the exact measurement if you need it, though I don't have that part memorized.
-Extended kickstand, to adjust for the taller stance.
-Braced rear swingarm
-Aprilia Mille triple clamps and forks, fully adjustable. 1.0 Kg/mm springs, again perfect for the weight and aggressiveness listed above. Conversion was accomplished with a custome steering stem.
-0.85 Kg/mm springs from Racetech, never installed. According to Racetech, these match my weight and riding style. Which for my weight the Superhawk always did seem a little stiffly sprung, but it just worked so damn well I didn't want to change anything. Yes I'm slow.
-Brembo Front Calipers from a Ducati 916
-Ducati 916 front wheel and brake rotors. Not fully floating, but apparently you can just buy the buttons and swap them in, then the setup is fully floating. I never personally saw a need, as the Superhawk was so much above my level of riding.
-Stainless Steel braided Brake lines, Galfer brand.
-Converti-Bars instead of Clip-ons. Throttle lines, clutch lines, brake lines | Convertibars These allow you to adjust the bar position and height. Anything from really aggressive to much more laid back. Though you cannot go too high or you'll hit the tank or fairing on adjustment, so you've gotta show some intelligence in adjusting them. Really easy to adjust too, just allen heads and about 5 minute to change the riding position. It is a wide arms out riding position, though that's kinda good for added leverage to throw the bike around side to side.
-Grip heaters â€" The right side one, the side with the throttle, works much stronger then the left side one. Mainly because the left sides' heat gets lost in heating the bar itself. My fault for not putting more insulation between the heater and the bar.
-Stock seat, Sargent in pictures sold separately
-Crash-Bars. Not delrin nubs, but an actual steel frame than bolts to your frame. Supposedly made in japan by the guys who do testing for the factory. Never tried it (luckily) but I do know it does NOT touch down even at lean angles that remove ALL of your chicken strips.
-APE manual cam chain tensioners.
-Valve clearances recently checked and in spec.
-Sharkskinz one piece fiberglass fairing (Painted Black)

The Bad:

-Carbs need to be rebuilt.
-She's sat for several years (dusty, whatever a sitting bike needs)
-Battery is dead. Also from sitting.
-Dent in the gas tank from my dropping it when I tried to paint it
-Wear and tear for a 25k miles bike.

Note: I started a new thread because the old threads subject did not update to the new price

Last edited by jesse.crenshaw; 05-08-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Pictures might help and where the bike is now.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Squid

jesse.crenshaw
Originally Posted by E.Marquez
Pictures might help and where the bike is now.
Bike is in Minneapolis MN. I have MN in the title.

MN is Minnesota, in case you didn't know.

And I forgot that the pictures are no longer embedded in the post.
Attached Thumbnails '98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work 00 in MN-dsc01323s.jpg   '98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work 00 in MN-dsc01324s.jpg   '98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work 00 in MN-dsc01326s.jpg   '98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work 00 in MN-dsc01974s.jpg  
Old 05-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Squid

jesse.crenshaw
More Pics

Please note: These are older pics, the ones I have on my work computer. The bike now has a black fairing from Sharkskinz, is dusty from sitting, and the tank is dented from my clutziness.

I do still have the plastic shown in these pictures.

I'll grab some more current pics today. I have a guy looking at it at noon, so I'll snap some cell phone pics then. It'll be dirty though.
Attached Thumbnails '98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work 00 in MN-dsc01977s.jpg   '98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work 00 in MN-dsc01978s.jpg   '98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work 00 in MN-dsc01975s.jpg   '98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work 00 in MN-dsc01983s.jpg  

Last edited by jesse.crenshaw; 05-01-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Squid

bzee is on a distinguished road
Do you still have the Sargent seat?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Squid

jesse.crenshaw
Nope. It's not listed in the description.

It's just the stock seat.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:10 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Really sweet price for the upgrades included.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Squid

jesse.crenshaw
I am hoping someone buys it.
If I put the time in to clean it up really good, fix the carbs, replace the battery, fix the tank, and paint the tank, I could get a few hundred dollars more for it.
And that's been my plan for the last couple of years. Yet I never find the time to actually work on it. Because if it's nice enough to work on this bike, I'm off riding my other bike. If it's not that nice, then my garage is too cold to work in (it's a detached garage, un-insulated and unheated.)

Couple that with my looking to buy a house now, and I'm just asking for fix up value. (the closing costs are gonna be much higher than I originally anticipated).
I don't have time to fix it before the house purchase is complete, so I am hoping someone who is enthusiastic and motivated will buy it. I'll have money for my closing costs, they they'll have a new bike to fix up and ride.

I considered separating out some of the components. And if I only get lowball offers I'll do that. Like the Ohlins shock and the Sharkskins fairing. Then sell those separately on here or ebay.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Superstock

Bearshawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jesse.crenshaw
I am hoping someone buys it.
If I put the time in to clean it up really good, fix the carbs, replace the battery, fix the tank, and paint the tank, I could get a few hundred dollars more for it.
And that's been my plan for the last couple of years. Yet I never find the time to actually work on it. Because if it's nice enough to work on this bike, I'm off riding my other bike. If it's not that nice, then my garage is too cold to work in (it's a detached garage, un-insulated and unheated.)

Couple that with my looking to buy a house now, and I'm just asking for fix up value. (the closing costs are gonna be much higher than I originally anticipated).
I don't have time to fix it before the house purchase is complete, so I am hoping someone who is enthusiastic and motivated will buy it. I'll have money for my closing costs, they they'll have a new bike to fix up and ride.

I considered separating out some of the components. And if I only get lowball offers I'll do that. Like the Ohlins shock and the Sharkskins fairing. Then sell those separately on here or ebay.
im in st.paul and i would love to come check it out, i love my hawk and i can always use another
Old 05-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Squid

jesse.crenshaw
That'd be great. A local sale is always better than one tha thas to be shipped. I think my noon appointment guy is bailing on me due to the snow (Snow in May!)
I'm in Richfield to be more specific. Right where Hwy 62 and I35W come together
You can give me a call, or text and set up a time to some look at it. I'll send you my number over PM.
If you don't have a truck or a trailer we can use my truck to deliver it.
It'd be nice to have it go to a good home. It's too nice of a bike for Craigslist.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Squid

jesse.crenshaw
Updated Pictures from today
Sorry the bike is dusty.
Attached Thumbnails '98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work 00 in MN-dsc00343s.jpg   '98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work 00 in MN-dsc00344s.jpg   '98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work 00 in MN-dsc00345s.jpg   '98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work 00 in MN-dsc00348s.jpg   '98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work 00 in MN-dsc00349s.jpg  

Old 05-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Squid

jesse.crenshaw
And here are the pictures of the dent in the gas tank.
It's smaller than I remembered.
Attached Thumbnails '98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work 00 in MN-dsc00346s.jpg   '98 Superhawk, Ohlins Shock, Aprilia Mille Forks, needs work 00 in MN-dsc00347s.jpg