Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

98 Hawk F.S fully polished with extras (OH)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Squid

mfast1 is on a distinguished road
98 Hawk F.S fully polished with extras (OH)

Im looking to sell my bike. Its a 98 superhawk v-twin, I have just put a few hundred dollars into it, new tires, oil change, and a few other extras go with it also , Honda factory manual, 2 seats, one aftermarket, one factory , set of after market front springs with the oil and seals to do them, It has full shark skin fairings , Two brothers pipes and jet kit, the pipes are shorter, (they look and sound much better) I have a set of factory plugs also, The bike is fully pollished and looks very very nice, It had a complete engine put in it with 11k on it now, runs great od shows 48k but nothing on it is that old, You wont be a bit shamed to ride it , I just dont have the time to ride it runs very good!
Attached Thumbnails 98 Hawk F.S fully polished with extras (OH)-imag0082-1.jpg  

Last edited by mfast1; 08-23-2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: because
Old 08-23-2010, 03:33 PM
the boss
SuperBike

saige is on a distinguished road
how much.
whats your location.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Little overspray on that right side pipe there....
Old 08-23-2010, 04:05 PM
SuperBike

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=20934
Old 08-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Squid

I was asking 2300 before I had it painted , installed the underbelly , and put new tires on it . Im looking for around 2800.00 . I just dont ride it and it looks much better than when i had it listed before . And NO there is no overspray on the pipes , not sure u may be seeing a reflection.. My loc is Ohio. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:57 PM
SuperBike

I like those shortened pipes.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Squid

Ya That would be a reflection not overspray. And ya I thought the pipes looked much better than what they did they look better in the hangers sounds tuff .
Old 08-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Squid

I even went all the way out to the building and checked just for you its not overspray . and if Your not interested please move on . Thanks.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:41 PM
SuperBike

Thanks for taking all the trouble to clear that up, you don't have a sense of humor?
Old 08-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Squid

redmanmbz is on a distinguished road
Nice looking bike, good luck with the sale.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Boosted
SuperSport

Syclone is on a distinguished road
Can you really call it "fully polished" without doing the fork legs? Plus it kinda looks like someone forgot to do the front wheel...
Old 08-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Superstock

skoshere is on a distinguished road
I can't stand people with attitudes on the forum when all they come to do is sell!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 06:52 PM
SuperBike

Does this mean the bike was stunted?

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=15959
Old 08-24-2010, 07:05 PM
medium fast guy
Back Marker

trackdayhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RWhisen
Does this mean the bike was stunted?

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=15959
It appears you have done the members of the list a great service through your research, or maybe he just looking for insurance against dropping his bike in the driveway.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:18 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by trackdayhawk
It appears you have done the members of the list a great service through your research, or maybe he just looking for insurance against dropping his bike in the driveway.
That's what sliders are for.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Squid

Im acctually a very nice guy with a really good sence of humor , I dont come to the forums with an attitude but when u have a guy like RWhisen wasting time tring to pick out stupid things on a bike that he is not interested in aka post whoring to get his count up , just because I dont post one or 2 word respones on peoples post dosnt mean im not on the forums at other times . An no the bike wasnt stunted just because i wanted a crash cage insted of slider's as the case still gets hit if the bike is droped . My TLR has a race cage insted of the slides , looks better anyhow . People really need to have more of a life than nit pick something apart that you have never seen . You want to judge it please look at in person first before you do .. Is that to much to ask ?? O And Syclone I guess you got me, i should have advertised it as "mostly polished" since i didnt polish the legs oppps sorry , but if you want to buy just for you I would polish the rest to make it a " fully polished " bike just for you man.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:44 PM
SuperBike

Really not trying to get my post count up, but thanks for answering questions about the history of your bike. Let's look a little deeper....

I can glean much of the history just by looking at your posts. Seems curious that you wanted to buy a crash cage in August of 2008 (which USUALLY means stunting) but after all it is your bike and you say that is your preference. OK. In December of 2008 you were looking for a new rear plastics section and nose section in black. Did you repaint or were you in an accident? Did you buy the bike naked? A year later you put your bike up for sale after suffering a CCT failure, which explains the new engine and you claimed the "plastics need to be painted but tank is stock color", you also said the fork seals were "leaking".

Is there more?
Old 08-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Squid

No I was checking my options on buying painted plastics vs paint witch would be cheaper??? well paint was cheaper , The tank is still original when i got it the guy had low sided it had red plastics and flatblacked them . I had actually sold the bike in end of 08 and got back in march of this year and started to fix to what u see now. No i dont 'stunt' and the motor was put in before i had bought back in 08. like i said if someone wants to pick it apart please come look at it untill then shut your mouth while your sitting 800 miles away behind a mouse and key board playing mind reader while riffling threw my old posts witch anyone can . Dude move on .
Old 08-25-2010, 08:13 PM
medium fast guy
Back Marker

trackdayhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mfast1
No I was checking my options on buying painted plastics vs paint witch would be cheaper??? well paint was cheaper , The tank is still original when i got it the guy had low sided it had red plastics and flatblacked them . I had actually sold the bike in end of 08 and got back in march of this year and started to fix to what u see now. No i dont 'stunt' and the motor was put in before i had bought back in 08. like i said if someone wants to pick it apart please come look at it untill then shut your mouth while your sitting 800 miles away behind a mouse and key board playing mind reader while riffling threw my old posts witch anyone can . Dude move on .
Hmmm, someone is a bit testy........
Old 08-26-2010, 04:50 PM
SuperSport

Crashrat is on a distinguished road
Nice looking bike.

As much as I appreciate RWhisen's research, anyone interested in the machine would have gone through the same due diligence or faced the consequences. Assuming we're all grown ups, I do think that it's in poor taste to keep slagging someone, especially in the classifieds section... and even if he's only posted a handful of times.

Buyer beware and all that.

Let's assume he's telling the truth. Wouldn't it make y'all a little testy if you're just trying to move your bike? Any serious buyer is going to want to see this thing in person anyhow and if it's a POS or been beaten there are bound to be signs.

But I'll save you the worry, mfast1: No one on this forum is going to buy your bike now. Fair or not fair, that boat has sailed. Time for Craigslist.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by Crashrat
Nice looking bike.

As much as I appreciate RWhisen's research, anyone interested in the machine would have gone through the same due diligence or faced the consequences. Assuming we're all grown ups, I do think that it's in poor taste to keep slagging someone, especially in the classifieds section... and even if he's only posted a handful of times.

Buyer beware and all that.

Let's assume he's telling the truth. Wouldn't it make y'all a little testy if you're just trying to move your bike? Any serious buyer is going to want to see this thing in person anyhow and if it's a POS or been beaten there are bound to be signs.

But I'll save you the worry, mfast1: No one on this forum is going to buy your bike now. Fair or not fair, that boat has sailed. Time for Craigslist.
Being that there are several same year witch vary in price and dont seem to be moving I had figured that would be the case. Never the less i dont think Rwhisle had any reason what so ever to more less bash my post from the get go over something he thought he seem in a pic and take it to the level in witch he did. <Showing has no life and to much time > Like I had said anyone is welcome to come look at it ,and if they had there opinion could hold water . But When you have some D-BAG thinking.... key word thinking .. he is doing a service by pulling past posts and profiling me over them is wrong. . You have know idea who I am and make it easy to pass judgement over me tring to sell my bike when you have no intrest what so ever and have never seem it . Like you said Crashrat if you would SEE the bike in person you could tell how it has been taken care of and what I have said is the truth and you cant tell that from a damn pic on you computer. AND MODS PLEASE DO ME A FAVOR AND JUST PUT THIS POST DOWN!