Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

2002 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 05:07 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

supermarto is on a distinguished road
2002 wheels

Selling my black original wheels off of my 2002... I am getting ready to bolt on my CBR 6 spokes, and the stockers can be yours... Looking to get around $160 per wheel. Or, make me an offer I cant refuse...

Rear even has some meat left on the D208 Sportmax, but the front is toast. ZERO scratches, chips, or imperfections. Pretty much perfect. 12,000 miles on the bearings.

I'll separate them if need be.

Check Condor for some seller feedback. I believe it was positive.

Last edited by supermarto; 04-17-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:55 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
dibs
Old 06-03-2008, 01:42 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

Unhappy What do y'all think?

Originally Posted by supermarto
Selling my black original wheels off of my 2002... I am getting ready to bolt on my CBR 6 spokes, and the stockers can be yours... Looking to get around $160 per wheel. Or, make me an offer I cant refuse...

Rear even has some meat left on the D208 Sportmax, but the front is toast. ZERO scratches, chips, or imperfections. Pretty much perfect. 12,000 miles on the bearings.

I'll separate them if need be.

Check Condor for some seller feedback. I believe it was positive.
I wasn't expecting perfect but the chrome shop says that it will be a minimum "core charge" of $150 to ameliorate these scratches, scrapes and dings (the compressed pics don't do the damage justice) on an exchange set of wheels. I got a good deal on shipping for waiting over a month, but when asked to explain the damage, supermarto tells me to ship them back for a refund. I ask him to explain the damage again, and he gives me the cold shoulder. Should I be pissed?
Attached Thumbnails 2002 wheels-rearbead.jpg   2002 wheels-frontding1.jpg   2002 wheels-frontscrape.jpg   2002 wheels-frontscratches.jpg   2002 wheels-frontscratches2.jpg  

Old 06-03-2008, 05:42 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LineArrayNut
I wasn't expecting perfect but the chrome shop says that it will be a minimum "core charge" of $150 to ameliorate these scratches, scrapes and dings (the compressed pics don't do the damage justice) on an exchange set of wheels. I got a good deal on shipping for waiting over a month, but when asked to explain the damage, supermarto tells me to ship them back for a refund. I ask him to explain the damage again, and he gives me the cold shoulder. Should I be pissed?
I think I would be, but if he's willing to give you your money back then at least he's trying to make up for it...

Can't you sand/buff out the imperfections yourself and save $150???
Old 06-03-2008, 06:29 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

I guess I would be less peeved if this was a typical fleabay scumbag transaction; I kinda expect to get hosed.

But I waited patiently for 6 weeks - after being told it would be a week - and paid top dollar for what was promised from a fellow forum member only to get the runaround about the damage and the crappy "just ship it back" response that denotes to me an uncaring attitude.

I suppose I expect everyone to be like me, honest, truthful and forthright; and fellow members being careful to give each other the best deal.

The shop responded to me when when I posited the same approach that 9 times out of 10 they have to work harder to get the 'fix' fixed and they would not be able to tell - ie. full deposit up front and then I'm at their mercy.

So, my $250 + shipping wheels came for $240 shipped, but not as described and become $390 minimum! Caveat Emptor indeed!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Thats Mr Dill hole to you
Superstock

filter69 is on a distinguished road
So, my $250 + shipping wheels came for $240 shipped, but not as described and become $390 minimum! Caveat Emptor indeed!

Caveat Emptor Latin for "Let the buyer beware."

For the less knowledgeable
Old 06-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

Originally Posted by filter69
Caveat Emptor Latin for "Let the buyer beware."

For the less knowledgeable

Thanks for gracing us with you impressive Latin vocab Filter, now I can get my PhD in Latin
Old 06-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Thats Mr Dill hole to you
Superstock

filter69 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FL02SupaHawk996
Thanks for gracing us with you impressive Latin vocab Filter, now I can get my PhD in Latin

You mean to say you have not already acquired one ? Anyone that's anyone already has one.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:50 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Rattle can 'em for less than 20 bucks including sandpaper, primer and paint.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

Originally Posted by filter69
You mean to say you have not already acquired one ? Anyone that's anyone already has one.
The only PhD I have is in spending money to upgrade my Superchicken and I figure most folks here also have that one
Old 06-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

Originally Posted by killer5280
Killer, will that hold up or would it be better to use a spray gun w/compressor???
RC
Old 06-03-2008, 08:01 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

Killer, please read the third post in this thread; I'm not pissed about the paint scratches, the minor pits and dings, or the rather dramatic gouges in the bead area (I doubt it'd hold air and the damage it might do to the bead from squirming I don't even want to think about) I was planning on using these for an exchange for chromed rims. The plater says he can't be sure but $150 minimum EXTRA because of the needed repair work.

I guess I just want supermarto to MAN UP and admit that he shipped items that were NOT AS DESCRIBED. Then, I'm sure we could work something out. But he's ignored many PM's and emails, so... I guess a negative on feedback is all I can do.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:24 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Killer, please read the third post in this thread; I'm not pissed about the paint scratches, the minor pits and dings, or the rather dramatic gouges in the bead area (I doubt it'd hold air and the damage it might do to the bead from squirming I don't even want to think about) I was planning on using these for an exchange for chromed rims. The plater says he can't be sure but $150 minimum EXTRA because of the needed repair work.

I guess I just want supermarto to MAN UP and admit that he shipped items that were NOT AS DESCRIBED. Then, I'm sure we could work something out. But he's ignored many PM's and emails, so... I guess a negative on feedback is all I can do.
I agree that the wheels are obviously not PERFECT as they were described, so you definitely have a beef there. The damage to them, however, doesn't look unusual (to me from these pics) for wheels that have had some use and a few sets of tires levered off and on.
I have no idea why someone would advertise these as perfect, with zero scratches or imperfections. Unfortunately, it just shows that you should always double check and get photos before finalizing a deal.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

I agree that the wheels are obviously not PERFECT as they were described, so you definitely have a beef there. The damage to them, however, doesn't look unusual (to me from these pics) for wheels that have had some use and a few sets of tires levered off and on.
I have no idea why someone would advertise these as perfect, with zero scratches or imperfections. Unfortunately, it just shows that you should always double check and get photos before finalizing a deal.
+1 on photos
Old 06-03-2008, 11:15 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

I guess I should not be so trusting...

...I thought that he would be honorable to his description.

and yes, I sent photos of my stock exhaust cans and front signals to RocketBabe923 and gave her a good deal: items well packed in good shape timely shipped from TN to CO for $92.

that's what good forum members do for each other.

So what does that make supermarto?
Old 06-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
He has not had any activity her for almost a week. I'm sending you a PM with his email address. Please try to resolve it. If you guys can't work something out then let me know and I'll do what I can.