Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

2001 Honda VTR1000 Minneapolis

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:50 AM
Squid

sscooter is on a distinguished road
2001 Honda VTR1000 Minneapolis

2001 Honda Superhawk
36,XXX Miles,

Valve adjustment done at 29320 at Honda Dealership in 12/06 (have reciept), which shows how little this poor thing has been ridden in the last 5 years.
New Dunlop D616 (less than 500 miles on them) installed right before I purchased the bike this summer. Chain/sprockets as new. Needs absolutely NOTHING mechanically. Starts, runs and rides as a Honda should. Does not leak, smoke, engine sounds tight and is STRONG. Shifts perfectly..

Cosmetics are above average for a bike of this year and mileage. A few minor (bb sized) chips (no dents or dings at all) in fuel tank and tail section paint is slightly "off" from the rest of bodywork as tail had crack (something fell on it from shelf in garage in the winter) when I purchased bike. I bought a used tail off ebay, repaired the tabs and had a paintshop do a colormatch of the fender (turned out a bit too light) using dupont base/clear. The shade difference isn't really noticable in sunlight (or in these photos), but in artifical light, a bit more apparent. It is close enough for me not to worry about it. Other cosmetic "blemishes" include a thin scratch on the leading edge of the front fender, and the coresponding scratch on the mirror (see close-up pics). I didn't feel these were bad enough to warrant bothering with. The only other cosmetic issue is that the seat foam has been (poorly) cut down. Superhawks are known for their crappy/uncomfortable seating position, so while this is more comfortable, it doesn't look as good as it could. If I were to keep it, Id be looking for a sargent of corbin anyways.

As for "mods" (aside from the seat), it has Heli-bars, which are a must have on these things for us old(er) guys, and the stock mufflers have had a few extra holes drilled around the main exhaust hole for "sound". Typical mod on the "superhawk forum" as it gives them a bit more personality. Exhaust is still too quiet in my opinion as an RC51 or Superhawk with aftermarket exhaust sounds oh soooooo nice.

So, why am I selling? I bought the bike to scratch the itch of always wanting to try a Superhawk. I "almost" bought one new in '98, but went with a VFR instead. The VFR ended up being the best "do all" street bike I have ever owned...

Anyways, after just shy of 500 miles, this bike just is not for me... Hopefully, someone else will be able to enjoy it.

$2600.00
Free and clear MN title and located about 30 miles north of Minneapolis.

The pics are a good representation of the condition. Its a nice bike for the $.

Link to Photobucket... http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...bler73/public/

any ???'s, shoot me a PM. Thanks