Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

1998 Honda Superhawk w/SSS conversion for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Back Marker

epleeds is on a distinguished road
1998 Honda Superhawk w/SSS conversion for sale

Up for sale is my 98 superhawk with a SSS Conversion. As you can see it has Mario Nava Fairing with the fiberglass upper and carbon lower. It comes with a single side exhaust with a brand new devil high mount can. (it has been properly jetted and tuned for one can). Bike has just over 15k miles and is in excellent condition.

The 16k service was done a few months ago to include a new chain and sprocket, the fork tubes have been re-done with new seals and oil and I put on the mototeck undertail a few days ago. I have been thinking about selling this bike for sometime and since the weather is starting to warm up, I thought I would see if anyone was interested.

The bike is located in northern virginia, zip code 20181. No test rides unless I have cash in my hand. The title is clear and there is no lean on this bike.

picture heavy for your viewing pleasure...

Asking price for a machine of this caliber is $5,000 (firm)

If your interested, pls let me know.

thanks...

eric

leeds_eric@yahoo.com

Name:  IMG_3461.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  56.2 KB

the lower is carbon and the honda is not a sticker
Name:  newpics002.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  45.3 KB

with the new undertail....

Last edited by epleeds; 03-25-2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: lower price
Old 03-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Superstock

maverick is on a distinguished road
nice bike I hope you get it sold.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:12 AM
Superstock

pigwings
bump for this beauty
Old 03-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Back Marker

Bump.....$5700 // offer
Old 03-13-2009, 10:05 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
I'll start off by saying it really is a beautiful and very unique bike. Here's my 2 cents since I'm sick and have nothing else to do but sit in front of the computer. I'm going to go out on a limb here though and tell you what you may not want to hear but probably already know, & what I'm sure everyone is thinking. Mario Nava fairings and a vfr swingarm PROBABLY don't equate to another 2k over kbb retail come selling time. I have a '98 money pit, 5k miles, w/ the sp2 front end and polished sp2 swingarm, r1 radial brakes, carbon fiber fender, marchesini wheels, ohlins shock, gilles rearsets, tbr jet hot header, carbon leo exhaust, sargent seat, convertibars, sato titanium kickstand, brembo master cylinder, braided lines, smoked zero gravity double bubble, all brand new Honda fairings, brand new brakes and pirelli diablos, plus all the $$$ and time spent with the fab work and running around, fucked up work from people who don't know what they're doing, etc, etc, etc, and honestly I really wouldn't expect to get that much more for it (once I eventually get it back together lol) than a stock bike if I ever had to sell it. I've solved that problem though and have simply decided to take it to grave with me though It's even worse when you mod a car. I had a friend put over 45k into the most beautiful fox mustang you've ever seen and in the end he couldn't give it away for 12k and eventually it was "stolen" and I think he got maybe 8 or 9k from the insurance company. Best of luck though it's a damn fine looking bike.

Last edited by captainchaos; 03-13-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:10 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

And yes I think the bike SHOULD be worth this much, hopefully you find a buyer who agrees. And apologies I wasn't trying to be an ******* and jack your for sale thread.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Back Marker

The problem is in this market your right. If you look at what it costs to buy a used superhawk in lets say excellent condition, your looking around 4k on average. Then you go and add $1500k for the mario fairings and paint. Custom exhaust....$500....Then you add the SSS conversion, and I really have no clue what that would cost. Plus add the fact that I just re-did the fork seals, did the 16k service to include a new chain and sproket....for a total of about $1200 there...

So I know the bike is worth the asking price...since there is nothing that it will need except for an oil change in 2k miles....

The problem is, this market is weak and I'm fully aware of that. I don't really need to sell the bike, but there are other things that I want to buy. So if it doesn't sell, no big deal, its paid for.

And dont worry, it did not come across as you being an a-hole....no worries...
Old 03-13-2009, 11:06 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Yeah the market certainly doesn't help things. I cringe when I see what some superhawks bid up to on ebay lately. Hey at least we didn't buy one of those theme/custom choppers. Folks cant give them away lately. Stock or near stock is always best come sale time I guess because the more you mod the more you spend that you probably wont get back & the more you narrow your market. I knew a guy who had a zx9 he painted like jeff gordon's stock car LOL. (Not comparing your taste to his ). All I could think about was good luck come time to sell it. But as soon as you find someone looking to do a sss conversion they'll be all over it because it's so much easier and cheaper just to buy yours. I'd be all over it if I was.

Last edited by captainchaos; 03-13-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:39 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Man, when are we gonna ride? I can't wait to see that thing. I am one of the biggest advocates for Superhawks, I'll try to keep you in mind if I hear of anyone looking for an awesome bike. But if you let me ride it, I might not forget. Haha. J/k. But I would love to see it if the weather ever gets better again.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
That's a beauty! Nice work and good luck with the sale...RC
Old 03-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Hotbrakes
Man, when are we gonna ride? I can't wait to see that thing. I am one of the biggest advocates for Superhawks, I'll try to keep you in mind if I hear of anyone looking for an awesome bike. But if you let me ride it, I might not forget. Haha. J/k. But I would love to see it if the weather ever gets better again.
no doubt....hopefully we can get together when it warms up....
Old 03-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Back Marker

Bu-Bump
Old 03-21-2009, 09:00 PM
medium fast guy
Back Marker

trackdayhawk is on a distinguished road
Nice looking bike. Although add-ons and options quite often don't add as much as we'd like to the selling price of a bike, a well done bike with the right mix of extras can get a good price from a decerning buyer. Remember, a bike is worth whatever you can get for it. Ignore the old hens and naysayers on your pricing, they're not buyers. It's early in the season, don't give it away. Good luck with your sale.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Back Marker

Shmittay
Damn, how have I never seen this great looking bike around, right around my area too.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Back Marker

lower price...
Old 03-26-2009, 10:24 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Shmittay
Damn, how have I never seen this great looking bike around, right around my area too.
I don't think he ever rides it!

Showing it off would probably guarantee a sale. Nobody knows what it is so it gets minimal hits from ads. But let people see it in person and you may find someone very interested. Now is the time to start working craigslist over though. I bet if you put it up for less than $5k you'll get several hits there.

I'm trying to talk it up though, just sent a guy a link on monkeyriders.com who is looking for a VFR or RC51. I told him a Superhawk is the perfect combination of both and about your sweet SSS and that its Manassas. He lives in NOVA somewhere.

If you don't want to ride it maybe I could uh borrow it for a few days and advertise it for you.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hotbrakes
I don't think he ever rides it!

Showing it off would probably guarantee a sale. Nobody knows what it is so it gets minimal hits from ads. But let people see it in person and you may find someone very interested. Now is the time to start working craigslist over though. I bet if you put it up for less than $5k you'll get several hits there.

I'm trying to talk it up though, just sent a guy a link on monkeyriders.com who is looking for a VFR or RC51. I told him a Superhawk is the perfect combination of both and about your sweet SSS and that its Manassas. He lives in NOVA somewhere.

If you don't want to ride it maybe I could uh borrow it for a few days and advertise it for you.
Yep, I can see it needs the carbon dusted off the valves
Old 03-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Back Marker

i actually had it out the other day...when it was near 70 degrees. It is an amazing bike, but with work and kids, I can put the money into something else....

Hopefully we can get together and ride before i sell it. But like i said before, im not going to give it away. I will just keep her covered in the garage and take it out on nice days...
Old 04-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Back Marker

BUMPITY BUMP
Old 04-15-2009, 05:23 PM
SuperSport

I'm tryin. I've told a couple people. Is it still on Craigslist?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Back Marker

i will be putting it back on shortly
Old 05-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Back Marker

bumpity bump...
Old 05-10-2009, 02:45 AM
guru of things sparky
SuperSport

Circuit_Burner is on a distinguished road
Yea dude, really, the average buyer , nah ... but people who like the single-side swing arms would appreciate something like this. To me I can see the added value because its a rarity and in that respect more valuable.
If I was hunting for another hawk, and had the extra room I would pay that for sure.
Even If the rear end was out of adjustment and bounced or packed over bumps, a shock could be valved for this that would work good.
Cool bike.

Last edited by Circuit_Burner; 05-10-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Circuit_Burner
Even If the rear end was out of adjustment and bouced or packed over bumps, a shock could be valved for this that would work good.
Cool bike.
not sure where this comment came from, but there is nothing wrong with the rear on this bike. It is actually about 1.5 inches longer than a stock rear swingarm and it handles perfectly.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:18 PM
guru of things sparky
SuperSport

Circuit_Burner is on a distinguished road
naw, was just factoring in the worst possible scenario I could think of. Not bad.
Probably tracks better than my shock already. Im so fixing to retire my 98 from street and testing service and safetywire it up to make it a dedicated track bike. Then I will be in the hunt for another superhawk, and this one will be long gone.

Last edited by Circuit_Burner; 05-10-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Back Marker

if your in the hunt...go ahead and pick it up...a small little loan and contact the shippers and its all yours...
Old 05-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Back Marker

ttt