Why am I putting money into a Super Hawk?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 07:36 AM
Squid
Squid

SXRguyinMA is on a distinguished road
I've been in the business long enough and seen enough shitty D&D's to make it a fact.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:46 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
If you say so then it must be fact.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:46 AM
MotoGP

I just got in the game...
Old 09-12-2015, 11:21 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
I now have Jardines, Hindle, and D&D's for my VTR. They all seem to be of same build quality. I love the sound of the D&D's though. Much deeper than the others. But everyone has an opinion and if it's posted on the internet, it must be true.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:05 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

thedeatons is on a distinguished road
I had a full D&D system (polished stainless with carbon can) on my ZX7R back in 96. It was beautifully welded, and sounded amazing. I got a lot of great comments on that pipe. I am certainly a D&D fan.

James
Old 09-12-2015, 03:33 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
I have a decent amount of experience with many of the different exhausts out there for our bikes. With regards to D&D's they are noticeable LOUDER than most other pipes out there (forget the recycled beer can Danmotos). In fairness I don't think it's as much of a question of build quality as it is of age. Since they don't make sportbike exhausts any more a lot of the ones you'll see are fairly old and look like crap since like the bikes they're on they've not been cared for. And since the inlets and outlets, as well as the midpipes on most of them ("show 'n go") are chromed steel, if not cared for properly they're prone to rust out pretty badly (ok I'll give you build quality here vs. having made them out of stainless steel). As you know chrome sucks. It's nice when it's new but stainless (like aluminum) can always be brought back shiny no matter how much you neglect it whereas chrome is a plating. When new or cared for properly they're a pretty nice set of pipes and sound killer on a superhawk. But yes it depends on what you like. It's a sharper Harley-like drag pipe sound, not a tuned deep boom you get from a nice set of say Two Brothers ovals.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:42 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

And yes I understand something like a TLR is love or hate with regards to the looks, but the point of pointing out THAT particular bike wasn't to argue over who likes the headlight. Besides we ride Superhawks. I can't be the only one who's heard "oh yeah, I forgot you like THOSE THINGS" lol. Don't think you'll see too many TL/RC/anythings with parts like that on it built by a team like that. Ugly or not that's a one of a kind bike. But then again I'm a fan of 90's bikes. I think most of the bikes today look like the designer dropped the modelling clay on the ground. I'll always be more RC45 than RCV213-S (speaking of fugly). Like they said opinions are like a-holes... Either way not everything can be an MV Agusta...

Last edited by captainchaos; 09-12-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:07 PM
MotoGP

Well, anyone that's been here longer than 5 minutes knows that captain is the king of exhausts on this forum. Word is born.

RC-45? Yes please. That's one of my bucket list bikes. But I think in today's world of machines, I'd be sorely disappointed with its performance (a not fully kitted one).
http://www.ebay.com/Honda
Old 09-13-2015, 11:18 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Wolverine
RC-45? Yes please. That's one of my bucket list bikes. But I think in today's world of machines, I'd be sorely disappointed with its performance (a not fully kitted one).
http://www.ebay.com/Honda
Of course. It's like a Countach or a Testarossa. The performance was awesome for the time and while still fast today, time and technology marches on and they're just no match for what's available now. That legend will always be there though

Older video but a classic... who the hell cares if it only makes 100 horsepower? These things still look amazing in person. Still remember my first year at the Daytona 200 hearing these things come off the straightaway. WOW.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:13 PM
MotoGP

That legend... you get it Capt. Very few Japanese bike "stir the soul" in my book. This is one that does, IMO. I love the sounds of an angry V-4 almost as much as the sport twin.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:04 PM
Back Marker

twinman is on a distinguished road
Best Sounding pipes in my Opinion.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:08 PM
Back Marker

twinman is on a distinguished road
Best Sounding pipes in my Opinion.