Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

You Never Know

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:56 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
You Never Know

My Superhawk was mildly mod'd by the PO's but the story of what the two of them did is just now finally shaking out.

The bike has been puke rich all summer long. When I really lost it was when a short day around town, the RLOD came on at 77 miles.

So I pull the tank, I know the bike was jetted because the PO was running TBR Highmounts until the rivets dug through the CF and they blew out.

As I opened the airbox to get to the filter I was stunned to find a dirty and stock Honda air filter. ? WTF Who goes to the work of jetting a bike and not go the extra half mile? Somebody who is a good mechanic and not a member of this forum.

The bike pulled hard. One of the forum moderators here has ridden it. This was when he reported smoke puffs when I get on it.

Install a new K&N. Awesome difference. The bike doesn't hammer as much. It's much smoother because it's not so chokey rich. It doesn't barf back up through the carbs anymore after idling for a while.

And the new pull - well, better call Tractor Supply!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:55 PM
SuperSport

Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
awesome, its always nice to get the little bit of extra power and smoothness out a bike.