Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

surging and other issues.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
surging and other issues.

She was all balanced up. I have an issue with the vac line slipping off the front but even when she is secure 3800 ish r the end of the rev range and idle are grabby like on off on off on off. At 3800 and around there at cruise she bucks so bad my wrist will jerk the throttle.
Idle is 550 as it has been.
Sometimes after running at a light I'll go to blip the throttle and she will cut out. I'll start back up and can't get her to fart out.
I can hear the flame in the box feel it too.
It sucks at lights and mid mountain corner down hill. Its just fine on throttle until the top of the range wide open. I'm going to dissassy the carbs tonight if I can. No gas smell.
Also bill is that something burning? Maybe maybe my RR or MOSFET? I smell hot plastic sometimes. Its not The brakes tires or hoses.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:20 AM
Back Marker

Aquasnake is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RedStormJ
She was all balanced up. I have an issue with the vac line slipping off the front but even when she is secure 3800 ish r the end of the rev range and idle are grabby like on off on off on off. At 3800 and around there at cruise she bucks so bad my wrist will jerk the throttle.
Idle is 550 as it has been.
Sometimes after running at a light I'll go to blip the throttle and she will cut out. I'll start back up and can't get her to fart out.
I can hear the flame in the box feel it too.
It sucks at lights and mid mountain corner down hill. Its just fine on throttle until the top of the range wide open. I'm going to dissassy the carbs tonight if I can. No gas smell.
Also bill is that something burning? Maybe maybe my RR or MOSFET? I smell hot plastic sometimes. Its not The brakes tires or hoses.
First off, if you, indeed, have the idle speed set at 550 rpm, it is too low. Should be around 1200 rpm, give or take a little. Then rebalance your carbs and see what happens.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:54 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Check the carb boots for rips or tears and be sure the slides move freely. Make sure the slow jets are clean, make sure the springs are returning the slides smoothly.

Sounds like one or more of those are the problem.

Drain your tank to dry and start with new gas, install inline fuel filters.

Last edited by smokinjoe73; 04-07-2017 at 04:15 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:09 AM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
Oh.... Sorry.... My vaccum line came right off.... It wasnt hardened up yet and every time she got warm she would slip off.

But still that burning smelll. I cant seem to find er...

Last edited by RedStormJ; 04-13-2017 at 05:13 AM.