Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

stinky waterpump noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Squid

shwinny is on a distinguished road
stinky waterpump noise

I just replaced my right side cover. I am happy the bike ran after the crash it had, but now the water pump is making a whine at certain rpms. I am happy it ran but now i need to order another case gasket, water pump seals, and take the cover off again and press my waterpump out and see if i can get my old one back in the new case. The bike only has 4k miles, so i am hoping the water pump that was in there is ok. I should have put everything new when i had the chance. I have an arbor press in my garage. is there anything i should know before i tackle the water pump and bearing. Do you think i need to order another case gasket. Parts take too long to get delivered.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Squid

shwinny is on a distinguished road
I took the water pump cover off and found out the turbine was very slightly hitting the cover. I gently taped the propeller and it moved very slightly and makes no noise now. I am now very happy i dont have to take the cover off again as of now.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:30 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by shwinny
I took the water pump cover off and found out the turbine was very slightly hitting the cover. I gently taped the propeller and it moved very slightly and makes no noise now. I am now very happy i dont have to take the cover off again as of now.
Nice.