Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

SpeedoHealer

Old 11-07-2016, 09:54 AM
Squid

NSRider is on a distinguished road
SpeedoHealer

Hello! Thought the following might be helpful to anyone thinking about installing a SpeedoHealer to correct speedometer errors. My clock read 8 km/hr low (showed 100 - actual speed 92). Hadn't planned to do anything about it but then spied a cheap used unit on Kijiji/Craigslist. Price was right but cable was for another bike. Tracked down wiring codes and sourced new connectors. Only thing you have to add are two short extensions for 2nd connector power & ground. Factory install instructions are clear and it works like charm. Have not used the km to mph conversion function but it will be handy when travelling in the US.

I used extreme grip 3M hook & loop to attach on top of the battery cover. I have a Sargent seat so donít know if this spot will work with the Corbin or Honda seats. The second input on the SpeedoHealer box is open - I don't use the 'Top Speed Recall' cable. Trust pics are OK.

Cheers,

Steve - Halifax, Nova Scotia
Attached Thumbnails SpeedoHealer-location1.jpg   SpeedoHealer-location2.jpg   SpeedoHealer-colourcodes.jpg  
Old 11-08-2016, 08:23 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Great info, thanks for sharing.