Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

SpeedoHealer or Yellow Box Recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Back Marker

RonVTR
SpeedoHealer or Yellow Box Recomendations?

Anyone using the SpeedoHealer or Yellow Box speedo correcting gizmos? Any comments? As they are both similar in costs, I'm leaning towards the SpeedoHealer. It appears to be easier to install.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Back Marker

supertwinSH is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the speedo healer and I love it. I never checked out the yellowbox. But Speedo healer has a great site and great support. I am not sure if the yellowbox has the cool little black button. If it does not go for the S-healer!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:04 PM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Supertwin....

I have my speedohealer in the garage waiting to go in.... just curious what correction factor you used? Since I don't have a GPS to figure it out, I planned on going with the (5%) they list in the insturctions as part of the equation..... did this work for you? (BTW.... I'm also running a 43 tooth sprocket in the rear as well... how much off was the speedo befreo corecting?)

J.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Back Marker

Slowhawk, I did a check with the GPS and I was off 10mph (after the 43 tooth change)...at 80 I was doing 90mph. I think I used -11.1 on the cal. After the cal I checked again and I was dead on...80 at 80. And I must say the coolest thing is the little black button.....I think mine reads 120mph right now! Check Speedo healers site.....They have my pics of my install on their site. I think it's under install by model...but not sure. Anyhow your going to love it.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Back Marker

here's the link to the install.

http://www.speedohealer.com/your_pic...f/tutorial.htm
Old 09-14-2006, 07:33 AM
SuperSport

Thanks for the link!!!! Install looks like a 5 mintue job. (Plus programming)

I went throught the calcs lastnight online and got a few different correction factors....
if I wanted the speedo dead on (10.1 correction)
the odometer on (5.4 correction)
or "both" close (7.7 correction)

I'll probably go with the (10.1), as it will hopefully keep me mindful of how fast I'm really going...

J.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Slacker
Superstock
Superstock

BeerHunter is an unknown quantity at this point
I went with the speedo healer as well - Plug and play install(VERY easy) . For recalibration I just used the gear change method. Stock 530 chain 16/41, to 520 conversion kit 16/44. I wanted to be able to accurately compare fuel useage before and after the 520 kit, and the stock readings are fine with me (odo seems dead on)
Old 09-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
I have heard great things about the speedo healer... I want one, just haven't had the time to order it... I noticed that after adding the 43 to the rear, I am off at 60 mph she reads about 69 on speedo....using the gps....Wonder if Dawg still has his for sale???
Old 09-15-2006, 09:44 AM
SuperSport

Installed mine lastnight but haven't tested it as it's nice and rainy here in NYC. Install of the "hardware" took about 10 mintues, and that's because I'm **** about how the wiring looks and is run.... programming took another 5, very easy, I can't wait to see if I can notice the difference. (Currently I know I'm off as when I'm cruising with the traffic flow the speedo says I'm doing 85-90, which I know is BS.

J.