Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

popping through intake.. once again

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Squid

slapi01 is on a distinguished road
popping through intake.. once again

yes i have searched and learned somethings about the bike, but didn't come across what i was looking for.. the PO removed the baffles on the stock exhaust and from what i read the popping on decel is normal.. (my hawk gt did the same) i took her out for her second ride today and heard it popping through the intake a few times. will removing the baffles in the stock cans make it have a lean pop. the PO also gave me an extra set of plain stock cans.. should i start with swapping cans or does it seem like something else.. gummed up carb, air filter?? (i live on east coast.near sea-level if needed)

oh if pair exhuast means pipes joining to a collector then spliting again it does. thanks fella's
Old 05-15-2010, 08:51 PM
SuperSport

residentg is on a distinguished road
1. DePAIR, then see about lean jetting

2. Your Hawk GT should not pop either, it may be too lean, or you may need to replace the air cut off valves on the carbs, or both

Also, check the rubber on your intake boots (between carb and engine), they have a tendency to dry out, crack and let air in.

Last edited by residentg; 05-16-2010 at 03:39 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:07 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
No, PAIR does not mean that the pipes join... PAIR is a valve on the head, meant for lowering the levels measured in the exhaust gasses... It's very well known for causing small carb farts and general popping on decel...
Old 05-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Squid

slapi01 is on a distinguished road
ok thanks fella's. shows how much i know about about this bike so far. i have read about the PAIR finally and understand out it works. i put the baffled pipes back on and everything went away, so i will look into blockoff plates for the PAIR. thanks for the lesson