Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Back Marker

F1 Fan in Nascar Land is an unknown quantity at this point
Please Help

I wrote this letter to the tech department at this company and I havent heard back maybe someone can help even though the answer is pretty obvious

I recently put on your frame sliders for the VTR-1000 Honda Superhawk (link below)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

And I used the longer of the two bolts for the left side into the bike and short of the two into the right, and that worked fine. But when I put the Sliders into the piece (black piece that connects to the slider and the frame of the bike) the turn in and the screw you use to connect the slider potrudes through the back as if your supposed to use a nut to tighten the slider into place. I would think nothing of it except for the fact that the slider can be loosened by hand even when torqued in quit tight. Is there supposed to be a nut for the back of these sliders to keep them from loosening, also if there is anything I did wrong or missed please let me know.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:27 AM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
I have something very similar to these on mine. I don't think there needs to be a nut on them. If you say they are that loose I would take them back apart and check the threads on both sides. If it went together alright then the threads should be okay, but check anyway. After that try reinstalling them with lock-tite and see if that fixes the problem.