Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Over heating issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2023, 06:13 PM
Squid

Tyrant29 is on a distinguished road
Over heating issue

Hey I guess there may be a thread on this and I've stated this before in a few other conversations that I know how to work on bikes, cars, ect.
anyway so I have an issue with my 98 super hawk overheating today and felt the fan wasn't working. So I know how to test the fan without the sensor switch. I believe when I had my RC51 that's what it said in the manual to do. So its been forever since that because it was back in 07 I think when I had my super hawk and a couple years later I had the RC. Also my question is where exactly is that sensor switch to activate the fan located just to be sure and is there any way to show a picture of it?? Thanks in advance. Oh also I'm still new to this forum and I decided to be a member because a lot of these conversations stay on target without rambling off topic and I want to say you all are a good knowledgeable people like family with our super hawks like our precious children in a comical way.
Old 11-07-2023, 07:48 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
The factory service manual is a free download on this site...
Old 11-08-2023, 08:20 PM
Squid

Tyrant29 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wolverine
The factory service manual is a free download on this site...
Thanks wolverine. I found one. I feel so stupid because I checked the plug and no power then it dawned on me to do what my dad always told me. Check the small easiest things first so I was checking the fuses and ding!! No fuse when I worked on it last.... Dude such a newb thing to do and I'm embarrassed about it. Thank god I didn't rip out the radiator fan switch. Oi!!! LoL