Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Intake valve on front cylinder requires more energy to turn during CCT replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 04:01 PM
Josh
Superstock

viperkillertt
Question Intake valve on front cylinder requires more energy to turn during CCT replacement

I am almost done with my CCT replacement. I am just working on the front now. It seems that the intake valve requires more energy to turn then any other valve. the chain is very tight. It is only about 45 degrees in my garage right now. I matched the height of the rear tensioner to the front using a tape measurer. It seems that it is about correct position. If i tighten much more, the chain becomes too hard to turn. I have tried to slacken the chain, but i think because of how cold it is, i cant really get it to deflect the 1/4" that the directions talk about.

It also seems that the cams are just a tiny bit off of what the rules say. When i am set at the crank, the intake position on the front cylinder is just a hair off. It just isn't flush, it is maybe 2mm above the line. Should i be worried?

Last edited by viperkillertt; 01-31-2008 at 07:29 PM.