Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Help with new exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Squid

swortsoul is on a distinguished road
Help with new exhaust...

I'm very annoyed with this exhaust. I bought the two brothers M5 slipons. Left side one fits great. Right side mid pipe is 1.5" too long. Now, I can probalby cut it, but I'm really annoyed that I spent $800+ and it doesn't fit. Now 2bro is working with me. I'm going to send them some pictures, so far their customer support has been good.

My question is for anyone who has the low mount M5 slipons. The stock set up, the flange by the rider footpeg fits behind the footpeg. I just want to be sure, is the 2 bro suppose to go behind as well? I think it is (left side fits perfect with it that way), but there's nothing that says where to put it. They exhaust wrap flange goes in front of the passenger footpeg, which the directions point out.

Can anyone let me know what they did? Or show a picture? I've looked at a bunch of pictures here and online, but haven't been able to make out that flange position.

Thanks
Old 08-12-2008, 03:00 AM
Thats Mr Dill hole to you
Superstock

filter69 is on a distinguished road
Can we see some pics of your's first

Old 08-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Squid

Ya, I'm working on the pictures. Right now they are around 2MB each. I need to shrink them, but haven't had the time to do it. I'll get them up as soon as I do.

I was hoping someone with 2 brother exhaust would get what I was talking about and have a quick answer.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Squid

So I finally installed the Two Brother CF slipons on my bike. I had a friend look at them, and he agreed that the midpipe on the left side was an inch too long. So I pulled out the hacksaw. Better. Now fits well. I just wish after paying for new pipes, they would have fit from box. Also, I haven't heard from their support now in over a week after a couple emails and a voicemail.

All that pain aside, the bike now sounds incredible! I love the look of them as well.

There's one more problem now in all of this. I live in a condo, and said before that my neighbors weren't happy with it stock, so I got the silencer caps for the 2bros. I've heard people say that 2bro pipes were very loud. I had a 2bro slip-on on my VFR a few years back, and it wasn't that loud. I thought it would be the same with the VTR. I was wrong... It is now so loud. Especially in our garage. The one neighbor I've had all the problems with just happen to be coming in just as I was going out for the first ride. There's a small steep hill from the garage to the street, so it takes a bit of revs to get up, therefore more sound. Her face looked like someone shot her. I really just wanted to rev it, but that wouldn't have helped at all.

Also, the popping on deceleration, which I thought sounded ok with stock, now sounds like small backfires and are annoying me. I've read disabling the pair valves (or removing) can cure this. I found Greg's post and will be looking at that when I get some time.

I didn't jet the bike, and it is running fine so far. I haven't put enough miles on to make a real call on that. I do know that the front now just flys off the ground! I usually never pull the front up, but now it's too easy. I just need to adjust to keep it down...

Now I have a couple choices to make. First keep the pipes and ignore the neighbors (sounds like a good option to me). Second, park the bike outside our shared condo garage. Third, sell or trade the pipes for some Yoshimuras and deal with what I think is the tacky name plate on them. Or finally, sell them and go stock (I can't see this happening). I'm going to give it a few weeks to see how this goes...

Tim
Old 08-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Uhhhhh..huh.huh..Member..
Superstock

Springbubba is on a distinguished road
Don't live your life worrying about what the bitch next door thinks.....If she hates it so much, she can move. Don't fire it up and bounce it off the rev limiter everyday, but this is America. Nobody is making her live there. Unless she is in the bottom of a pit, and some guy is telling her to put the lotion on her skin. In that case you should get Yoshis.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:20 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
I say who cares. As long as you are as reasonably polite about it they shouldn't care. I leave for work everyday between 430 and 5. My devils are loud so I try not to rev it to much at start and don't get onto it until I'm clear of the neighborhood. Other than that they can kiss my ***. America is a great place.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:41 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Sounds like she's having control issues. How long do you really have the bike running that it would ruin her day? What about trash trucks, Harleys driving by, etc?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:36 AM
Superstock

sumthin_major is on a distinguished road
F^@% what she thinks. Does she run outside and yell at every mustang or 4x4 truck that goes by. (sorry bout that, I got a neighbor that has been complainin since I drilled the baffles) I leave around 4.30 or 5 myself. but I dont rev it up that early. leave em on if your happy with them.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:47 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
I shortened my Erions to get rid of the rash after I droped my bike. They were loud before.. now they scream. I roll out of my neighborhood early every morning... I just try to keep it below 2k rpm.. it's loud but not screaming loud..

Bottom line. You are intitled to have you **** the way you want to.. but I do think you should try to keep it on the DL.. Dont make a nuisance of yourself. No reason to rub anyone's face in it.