Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Good news!! and questions about transmission work

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 08:28 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

geekonamotorcycle is on a distinguished road
Good news!! and questions about transmission work

Today I got a call from a Ronnie at go eco green machine. seems that they came across my site finally(http://goecogreenmachines.com). He apologized and informed me that their service manager has been replaced this week(I didnt ask why). Seems that they are reconsidering selling bikes over 10 years old as well.

So the remaining problem with my bike is that the transmission is slipping from second to neutral sometimes when I go above 6k RPM This should have been covered under their warranty originally but I ran away from them when they refused to own up to the fuel system problem. They are saying they will fix it for me and apologized for my troubles.

They gave me two options. They can put in the 2003 engine I got from FL02SupaHawk996 or fix the transmission. They said they can cover up to 500$ (not including their gratis labor).

If I change the engine from my 2000 with the 2003 engine what will I need? I know I will need a new clutch(this one is broken). Will I need to replace the ECU and ICU ? FL02SupaHawk996 gave me a very nice engine with a tupperware full of odds and ends which make me somewhat nervous.

If I have the transmission gears fixed does anyone know what might be causing my problem and what it takes to get at the transmission? do the heads need to be removed and the case split or can the transmission gears be gotten at without such drama?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:50 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by geekonamotorcycle
Today I got a call from a Ronnie at go eco green machine. seems that they came across my site finally(http://goecogreenmachines.com). He apologized and informed me that their service manager has been replaced this week(I didnt ask why). Seems that they are reconsidering selling bikes over 10 years old as well.

So the remaining problem with my bike is that the transmission is slipping from second to neutral sometimes when I go above 6k RPM This should have been covered under their warranty originally but I ran away from them when they refused to own up to the fuel system problem. They are saying they will fix it for me and apologized for my troubles.

They gave me two options. They can put in the 2003 engine I got from FL02SupaHawk996 or fix the transmission. They said they can cover up to 500$ (not including their gratis labor).

If I change the engine from my 2000 with the 2003 engine what will I need? I know I will need a new clutch(this one is broken). Will I need to replace the ECU and ICU ? FL02SupaHawk996 gave me a very nice engine with a tupperware full of odds and ends which make me somewhat nervous.

If I have the transmission gears fixed does anyone know what might be causing my problem and what it takes to get at the transmission? do the heads need to be removed and the case split or can the transmission gears be gotten at without such drama?
If you use the wiring harness from your 2000 you just pop the 03 in there.

Mechanically there is no difference between them.