Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

fuel guage stay full

Old 08-31-2010, 05:18 PM
Squid

cel2620xl is on a distinguished road
fuel guage stay full

Hi fello SH, today i rode my SH to school to day it about 35 mile to my school to my house. befor i got on the freeway, i did a pre check and made sure that every on the bike was ok. but i notice that the bike need a litte oil which i add. while ride on the high way i had to bar left on the on the gas guage. then out of no where i saw the gas guage start to go up, like there was gas beening added to the tank. i quickly pull over and check if there were sumthing wrong with the bike but the bike was running fine. no other light were on. when i got to school i turn off the bike went to class came back an hr an 30min later the tank light still say that the tank was full ....... can anyone give an idea wut going on ?

update.......
i refill the tank with gas and it went back to normal, but as soon the get to two bar the gas guage start to go up, like there gas beening put in the tank while ride the bike ...

Last edited by cel2620xl; 08-31-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:06 PM
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Another one in SMS speak......

What is the level of your fuel tank?
Have you shoved the nozzle deep into your tank while refueling?
Have you checked your connection at the tank?
Old 08-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Squid

cel2620xl is on a distinguished road
hey sorry about the sms speak. down south that how we talk! there very little gas . and sum-time i shoved the nozzle deep into the tank.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:33 PM
Back Marker

Stixx is on a distinguished road
Not sure about the filling itself up. But mine will sometimes hang at random fill levels. A firm slap on the side of the tank usually fixes it for me. I don't stick the nozzle into the tank to fill. But I really just use the bars for reference only, reset the trip each fill and start looking for fuel at 120 miles.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Well... If you shove the nossle deep into the tank, it's very possible to bend the fuelsensor... Ie it will live in fantasy land...
Old 09-01-2010, 05:38 AM
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cel2620xl View Post
hey sorry about the sms speak. down south that how we talk! there very little gas . and sum-time i shoved the nozzle deep into the tank.
I am in the south and I don't speak like that. How far from Ocala are you because I think you and Havoc went to the same school. He's working on his SMS speak though.

Anyway, as Tweety said you could have bent the fuel sensor and now you need to replace your sending unit. Make sure you do the other thing from my previous post first i.e. check connection.