Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Factory Jet Kit...Need some help please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Banned
Back Marker

99Hawkboy
Factory Jet Kit...Need some help please.

Sorry about the double post. I forgot about the whole technical isue.
Ok, I just got down to Florida with my Superhawk from Colorado and I bought the factory jet 1 kit. I have the kit, but i dont see any real installation instructions, like step one take of gas tank, step 2 locate carbs. All i have is a pink and blue piece of paper. The pink piece of paper is the carburetor tuning guidelines, and the blue paper is carburetor recalibation kit that says a whole bunch of information that im not sure if i need or not. Did i get shorted on instructions here?
Thanks Guys
Any and all advice would be helpfull.
Thanks Again
Old 07-18-2005, 11:28 AM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Factory Jet Kit...Need some help please.

I have Jardine Race core high mounts, stock air filter, disabled PAIR, re-routed crank-case breathers

My current setup is:
182, 185 mains
needle in 4th clip
50 pilot (thinking about running a 48, though... wasn't included in the kit)
1.5 turns out on the fuel screw.
Funny, i have Jardine Street Core high mount, K&N filter, Factory Pro 4 degree advance, TBR Pair plug with all the smog crap off the unit, and my jetting for the Factory Pro kit is nearly the same. I did buy the 48 pilot from local Honda dealer and it greatly inmproved the surging problem while crusing.

If you are not a patient person and do not have a good mechanical back ground i wouldn't attempt it. It's not that hard, just tediuos the first time and most likely you will have to go back in to fine tune her anyway.

PM me with any specific questions you might have. It is also very important to pay attention to the hose routing under the tank as you disassemble her the first time.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Banned
Back Marker

99Hawkboy
Re: Factory Jet Kit...Need some help please.

Ok. I will deffinately be buying the shop manual. But in the mean time I am going to try and figure this thing out right now. So....
The first part is to select best main jet. Ok. Well I have the kit right here. and I have no idea what it means by the main jet.

Basically..I have no clue what I am doing, but I am really good with mechanical issues. Just not carbs. Turbos, superchargers, nitrous ect... But carbs are woow...

If you could find that pdf file that would help me out a lot. If not, any instructions on how to begin this endeavor would be great. Because once I get the instructions on what I am dealing with like these needles, the emulsion tubes, i believe the fuel screws (there are 5 of them) a big silver tool thing, some clips for the needles i imagine? and quite a bit of allen screws.

OK...After looking closer I see that the pilot jets are both #50, and i guess the fuel screws are the mains? because they say different numbers on them.

Anyways, like i said any instruction on how to do this would be greatly! appreciative.

Thanks Again!

Justin