Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

discovery and some questions on jetting

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Squid

slapi01 is on a distinguished road
discovery and some questions on jetting

i decieded to read the KB and learn somethings instead of being a complete noob this way i don't post questions that have been answer sooo many times. i am in the process of dePAIR and adjusting the tps. thanks to the forum it is all going great!! so i reove the air filter and to find out that one of the PO's had installed a k&n.(oh one of the rubber block was completely off,but foam was still intact) hmmmmm i have read about the k&n's and jetting nightmares on here. the bike wasn't acting lean to me, but i had a bit of a feeling that she doesn't run like she does. i had debaffled pipes on her, but was getting popping through pipes (PAIR) and a few carb farts as tweety calls them. since i was half way there i was reccomened to check the jetting. stock jets are in the carbs. i would like to put the unbaffled pipes back on, but want to hear what you guys think i should do on jetting.. i ordered a stock air filter and new sub foams.. anything else should i do or am i on the right track.. i hate finding things the po has done incorrectly, but that is part of buying something used. so my plan is to- set tps @500,stock filter, dePAIR, put on unbaffled cans again, sync carbs... any ideas on this
Old 05-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
I'd leave the jetting alone... Possibly a shim on the needle... But with de-baffeled stock pipes and stock filter, stock jets work fine...
Old 05-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Superstock

skoshere is on a distinguished road
+1
Old 05-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Squid

slapi01 is on a distinguished road
will do thanks for the info