Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

clutch issue please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Squid

cubdogg is on a distinguished road
Question clutch issue please help

I have a 98 superhawk that was knocked over in drive way. i replaced the clutch lever and foot shifter since then my clutch has acted funny real funny. i have read all tyhe stuff about bleeding it out right.i treid my self multiple times and gave up took it to honda they bled it out and its still not right worked great before it was knocked over.here is wat it does it will work fine till it warms up after that when i goose the throttle it acts as if i hold the cluch in it builds up and then takes off.any help at all would be gratly appreciated i felt stupid taking it in but dont
know wat else to do. if i ride it easy no issue just when i get on it
? please help if have any ideas
Old 10-13-2010, 11:54 AM
SuperSport

mboe794 is on a distinguished road
Your english sucks and the description of the problem could be better. But here's a guess based on what I can figure out from the above.

Maybe it's not the clutch but the tranny. You say the shifter bent or broke? If the bike wasn't running when it fell this could easily have bent a shift fork or two. That would cause it to jump out of gear and other similar problems.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:18 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
It sounds like there is air in the clutch line if it works OK until it heats up. The Honda shop should have inspected for damage to the clutch master cylinder & fluid reservoir, hose and clutch slave. Not knowing mileage or if the case was damaged, or if it was running at the time leaves it open to conjecture...
Old 10-13-2010, 01:40 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by skokievtr
It sounds like there is air in the clutch line if it works OK until it heats up.
+1 if the clutch system isn't leaking fluid somewhere then you still have a bubble in there and haven't gotten it bled right yet.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Squid

cubdogg is on a distinguished road
sorry bout my english im basically texting this.It has 14000 on it.IT was not running someone ran in to it in my driveway.. it works fine from cold to running temp and any easy riding it is apperant when cruising and i goose it or floor it instead of taking off it revs up another 4 grand then goes like im holding in clutch for 2 secound while i have it full throttle.From what i have read on other post ithought the bubble in line but ifigured honda would have taken care of it.it basically acts like im clutching it evry time i floor it
Old 10-19-2010, 09:26 AM
Squid

dustinwild
When it disengages and re-engages, is it a smooth transition, or rough, like skipping in and out of gear, or like an automatic transmission?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Squid

jsteel is on a distinguished road
are you saying the clutch is slipping?, but it does not slip when cold? did you have to take off the slave cylinder cover ? was everything good in there and was it clean ,a whole heap grease or filth may allow the pushrod to stick when it heats up. Any more info , remembering that i am from new zealand and our english is kind of different
. cheers.josh