Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

clutch break in?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 04:22 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
clutch break in?

i just wanna make sure theres nothing special to breaking the clutch in on these bikes. i gave the plates a heavy coat of oil and let them sit for a while and because we needed a larger socket they sat soaking in oil with eachother for a few days. im planning on riding easy for my first few times out, no wheelies, no abuse, just gentle like its slippery out. but i cant guarantee that will last more than 5 minutes to be honest, lol. anything else i need to know?

oh and the ebc springs definatly made the lever pull tighter, ive got the stock springs in case i dont end up liking the ebc springs but they didnt seem too bad when i was playing with the lever. i figure if i can get used to a 6 puck stage 4 clutch in my car i can get used to this.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:54 PM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
just out of curiosity which ebc kit did you buy because thats next on my list of mods after i get my fork springs in and get done with the paint... I was lookin at the kevlar clutch kit. let me know what you think of it once the 5 minutes is up
Old 04-09-2011, 03:03 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
i actually mixed it up. i went with ebc springs i found on ebay forlike 10 bucks. packaging was red with black lettering, not sure if that helps. and a ferodo clutch plate set. im hoping to get out on it tomorrow, tonight is my stag and doe so there are no guarantees ill be able to get out tomorrow but im gonna do my best