Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

CCT interchange - need answer asap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 07:28 AM
Squid

driven is on a distinguished road
CCT interchange - need answer asap!!!

I want to ride this weekend. My dealer has a CCT for the CBR600F4i. He said it fits '04-'06. The Honda microfiche says '99-'04 are the same. Does anyone know if this will fit my Hawk?
Old 08-31-2007, 08:42 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
not sure if I'm understanding. Except for internal CCT changes, the superhawk CCT are interchangeable from year to year I believe. I do not know if they are interchangeable with the F4i CCTs - I would imagine if they are the APE parts numbers would be the same. APE lists the gaskets as the same but has very different part numbers for the 600 and the VTR tensioners. I would suggest calling their tech line and asking them if there is any difference in the parts though.

Last edited by cliby; 08-31-2007 at 08:53 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 08-31-2007, 08:45 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Check the part numbers on ronayers or whichever online parts search site you prefer - if they are the same # for both models you should be gtg.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Squid

Guess I should have clarified in light of my other thread. I want to put in the APEs but waited too long to order them and now if I want them in time to ride this weekend I'll have to pay Next Day Air Saturday Delivery. Chaching! I was hoping that maybe the oem Honda cct my dealer has for the F4i might fit. I did look up the numbers on ronayers and they are different, but the gaskets are the same. So i know it will bolt in. I went over and looked at it and it looks much shorter than mine when fully extended. I measured it from the bottom of the mounting flange to the tip and it was a little under 2". I'll remove mine this afternoon and compare. If they're close I'll go with the oem. If not I still have time to get the APEs from a vendor in Cali (I'm in Maine) for tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:18 AM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
When it comes to high performance valve trains I don't think "close" cuts it. It would be a damn shame to go to all the work only to trash it on the highway later. The F4's use only one of the cct's and the Superhawk uses two. It might be a mute point if he only has one in stock. Don't go by the footprint of the gasket. Just my .02
Old 08-31-2007, 10:33 AM
Squid

I went with your line of thinking nuhawk. I just ordered the APEs from Sudco. They'll be here tomorrow morning. Shipping wasn't as horrible as I thought. I'll make it back in one week just from keeping my truck parked!