Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Carbs... The bane of my existance.. Popping and such.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 05:59 AM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
Carbs... The bane of my existance.. Popping and such.

Please remember this is a J spec. I did hawks mod minus the jets. I have Moriwoki Zero muffs. maybe the street set? I think its the left pipe so rear cyl?

I usually have a shaky spot around 7000Rpm

Downshifting gets me machine gun bursts.

If I defeat the popping I get a carb fart.

Lots of fuel getting burnt in the exhaust.

Performance is improved......

EDIT: I forgot to say this started today. The bike was revved the FK out of cold by a buddy of mine twice before I could run over and hit him off the bike. That was a few days ago. The bike was in storage until last week. It has new gas.

But I can not keep running like this. Scamata means caught and I still dont have my 700 dollar stamp that says I can ride a 1000cc bike. Plus my car is down and the weather is nice. By the way I got a lotus esprit turbo SE. Half the forum members are cool the other half are CUNextTeusdays. I love this forum.

Just for SH and Giggles: I have a forum member whos answer to everything sounds like take it to the dealer and... Lol. He answers every post...

Last edited by RedStormJ; 09-21-2017 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Shite... I forgot
Old 09-23-2017, 09:23 PM
Superstock

Wow... Beer to blame again.... Anyways. I dont like em at the car forum much.

And the #1 thing is. Got my popping sorted. The vac line for the front cyl is old stuff and slipped off. Put it on and back ti normal. Even if she were efi it would have caused havoc.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:56 PM
Squid

John O is on a distinguished road
Great to hear about the simple fix. Now concentrate on getting a smarter "buddy."
Old 10-02-2017, 06:47 AM
Superstock

Oh man I was wicked shocked and pissed. I hit him right off the bike. Why would you even touch a bike that didn't belong to you. Hes a good egg just maybe a little stupid. It really isn't like him. Hes twice my age for Christ sakes.

Now I gotta get the jet kit and get a valve job on the front head. Your a bit new here but I didnt do my CCT's on time and had the worst bent valves I have seen in my life. When I put the new ones in I mis measured with the calipers and took too much out of an exhaust valve.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:17 AM
Superstock

Their baaackkkkk..... :/ two days out in the rain could have something to do with it. The esprit wont start and I got half the audi laying next to the garage poor vtr is sitting with the tail sticking out but it spent the last week out in the elements... No I do not have a cover... Shes supposed to live inside...