Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

bad solenoid ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
bad solenoid ?

Hey guys i been looking around others starting issue but didn't seem to help me at all.. Here goes this morning i went for a ride and then bike started up like it should and then i stopped and i notice my bike kinda start funny like the battery is almost dead, thank god it got me home. When i got home i planned to plug in the charger but i want to see if it would start back up, so i tried and it started for 1 sec and then died no power to the bike. Just cuts off all power so I took my solenoid down and check the fuse and its blown i figure i just change it out so i did and it start for 1 sec and did it again i tried 5 time and burnt all 5 fuses. I trace the wiring and doesn't see a ground issue (i think) i checked my battery cable and lock them up tight. Still blew the fuse. You guys think it could be a bad solenoid ?
Old 07-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Superstock

here the update oh the problem i switch out the solenoid on the hawk and turn out its not that. Could be the regulator or the battery i didn't use the correct battery for the bike it work so far for 3 months but i think that could be the problem now. sometime the bike would start if i waited for like 30 sec to start the bike and it would start like normal.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:32 PM
guru of things sparky
SuperSport

Circuit_Burner is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a R/R or bad stator.
Check stator 1st.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by Circuit_Burner
Check stator 1st.
Thanks for the reply i really needed one.. Well sorry to be a idiot but what is a stator and how do i check it. I'm not a motorcycle mechanic of any sort just know little things. I have another update well i thought i have it fix because i notice my led tail light dont come on anymore and i took it off and try to start it and it start good like normal but then my battery is complete drained after so many test so i took out the battery and try to jump the bike off the other battery, one of the cable came off and the bike turned off and now it come to the point where everytime i put in a fuse and plug the 4 plug back in it would blow the fuse the only time it wont blow if i unhook the RR but when i plug back the RR it will blow it.. Man this kinda suck next month i'm planning on going to missouri on my bike and now this. R/R is super expensive i found an R6/R1 to be much cheaper than our hawk R/R
Old 07-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by Circuit_Burner
Check stator 1st.

Hey man Thanks for the help really appreciate it I got it figure out and thank god i have 2 bike both honda I feel bad treating the other bike as a step child but it do nothing but sit there and collect dust so i said sorry to it and took the R/R off of it its not same but some mod to the wires should do, did a fast wire mod and turn it on and it work. So now i'ma go to wally world and get me some wire connectors and have it knock out before sunset.