Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

Gerbing Heated Jacket Liner Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Squid

Str8away Hater
Re: Gerbing Heated Jacket Liner Review

Great review, thanks for takign the time to post it up! Does the SuperHawks R/R allow you to run the jacket with no negative effects? I've been considering going electric this winter season. Also do you have any recommendation on winter gloves that stay warm more than 30 minutes?
Old 03-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Squid

BeemerGuy
Re: Gerbing Heated Jacket Liner Review

I've got one and they are great. It's allowed me to get in a little Winter riding here in Michigan; as well as ride later into the Fall and start earlier in Spring. Well worth the money.

Only other recommendation would be to wire in a Heat-Troller http://www.warmnsafe.com/ (or Gerbing equivalent) to control heat output. These jackets get (too) warm! And it's nice to be able to turn up the heat at speed and down when in town, etc. My Heat-Troller is velcroed onto the handlebar so I can adjust it with my left thumb/forefinger.

I'm using this jacket with a BMW R1100RS with plenty of electrical output to run the jacket, headlight and PIAA's as well. Not sure about Superhawk electrical, but Gerbing has info on requirements here: http://www.gerbing.com/divmc/info/instructions.html

Can't help with the gloves. I have heated grips that work well with standard leather gloves. You may want to look at adding grips. Kind of a versatile solution... they are nice to have during a cool spring evening, or a rain shower, when you wouldn't normally be wearing heated gloves.