Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

fieldsheer clothing

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 09:03 AM
SuperSport

Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
fieldsheer clothing

hi, im fairly new the this forum. i bought a 98 superhawk about three weeks ago. its my first street. ive been riding dirt bikes my whole life. im able to get clothes from weastern power sports for fairly cheap prices. all they seem to have is fieldsheer clothing. does anyone know anything about this company? do they make good gear? what are they comparable too? thanks
Old 11-11-2007, 09:43 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
British company IIRC. Never heard anything negative about them.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:50 AM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
I have 2 jackets from them... a leather and a mesh/textile... Luckily, I haven't had to crash test them... with that said, I have no BIG complains, other than the velcro they use on the collar is the weakest stuff ever.... they might have been better using piece of scotch tape!!!! Other than having to "reseal" the collar every now and then during a ride, I've been a happy customer...

J.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Back Marker

Yardstick
My wife and I have mesh Fieldsheer jackets. The pads seem a little bulky compared to other jackets I've seen. Other than that, they're comfortable and breathe well. Order a size larger than you think you need.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:17 PM
SuperSport

Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
cool, thanks guys
Old 11-20-2007, 06:32 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had the Fieldsheer Air Speed perforated leather jacket for about 6 years now.

The back pad is hard & stiff; a big plus in my opinion, as protection is the name of the game. Very comfortable in it. Yep, velcro on the collar has gotten weak after a few years. Has been a trusted companion though.

Also have a pair of Fieldsheer racing gloves. Had a big lowside @ the track that included a couple of front flips. Broke a wrist, but the gloves have barely a scratch on them!

Fieldsheer is good stuff & you can find some great prices on their goods at: motorcyclecloseouts.com
Old 11-20-2007, 06:42 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
On the velcro comments, that's why I prefer zipper and/or snaps on collars and wrists even tho' they aren't as adjustable. Velcro is also very irritable after a 500 mile day of it rubbing your neck since it won't stay applied. Unfortunately, my favorite jacket has velcro closures.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:49 AM
Moderatio est Figmentum
Superstock

Hawk9807 is on a distinguished road
My only complaint is the plastic zippers. Other than that, good stuff.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:47 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

supermarto is on a distinguished road
I was wearing a Feildsheer jacket on my lowside... you wouldn't even know I wiped out! The jackets shell is very tear/scuff resistant.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:51 AM
Back Marker

VTRumble is an unknown quantity at this point
Super cheap Fieldsheer

If anyone is looking for Fieldsheer clothing, and know your size, look here:, www.brocktoncycle.com and look in the closeout section, they have lots of jackets, most around $50. BTW, I've had a Fieldsheer Airspeed ventilated jacket for aver 5 years and have nothing bad to say about it.
Doug O.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:14 AM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by VTRumble
If anyone is looking for Fieldsheer clothing, and know your size, look here:, www.brocktoncycle.com and look in the closeout section, they have lots of jackets, most around $50. BTW, I've had a Fieldsheer Airspeed ventilated jacket for aver 5 years and have nothing bad to say about it.
Doug O.
Thats where I got my Textile vented jacket.... they deal alot with closeouts, my jacket was brand new, 80 bucks shipped to my door.... might have went through Ebay... it was awhile back...

J.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Squid

Craigart14 is on a distinguished road
Well, I just noticed today that my Fieldsheer mesh pants are coming apart at the waistband. They're about two years old, with maybe 8 months per year daily commuting use, no falls.

Craig
Old 05-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Squid

Craigart14 is on a distinguished road
You might also check Newenough.com or Motorcyclecloseouts.com. Sometimes they have really good closeout deals.

Craig
Old 06-17-2009, 07:04 AM
SuperBike

My Fieldsheer race gloves finally gave up the ghost after 7 years on abuse from sweat, intense sunlight, rain, a crash and my newfound penchant for dragging a finger on the pavement in turns on occaision.

I'm getting Cortech Adrenalines from kneedraggers.com to replace them on recommendation from Hotbrakes & because I'm an unfaithful **** when it comes to gear. But I would have no problem getting Fieldsheers again. Great stuff.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:09 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by superbling
On the velcro comments, that's why I prefer zipper and/or snaps on collars and wrists even tho' they aren't as adjustable. Velcro is also very irritable after a 500 mile day of it rubbing your neck since it won't stay applied. Unfortunately, my favorite jacket has velcro closures.
TIP: replace your velcro with a snap.

My new Teknic jacket had some very weak velcro on the collar. Got out the seam ripper from my wife's sewing chest & removed the velcro.

Then just figured out where I wanted the snap. Punched a hole and installed the snap. Took about 10 minutes. Get a kit at Wal-mart or a sewing store.

The snap is miles better. Heck, might even try this on my old Alpinestars boots with the dying velcro.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:20 AM
Simi Valley, CA
Back Marker

lowell is on a distinguished road
two 30 mph low sides and I had Zero damage......

good stuff