Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

anyone heard of this site?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Back Marker

toy4xchris is on a distinguished road
anyone heard of this site?/review of suit.

www.jackets4bikes.com I found this site while I was looking around for cheaper leather suits. they are really actually cheap and seem some what legit. I ordered a 2 piece suit from them and so did my brother. Once I get it in I will post of pictures for quality and let you know how it works out.

Last edited by toy4xchris; 03-04-2010 at 12:06 PM. Reason: updating
Old 02-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Proud New Owner
Squid

SH_WillRideForFood is on a distinguished road
Funny you should say that, I ran across them yesterday while looking for warmer weather gloves (in anticipation of spring) and was looking for feedback as well.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Back Marker

I know I ordered a suit and gloves and my brother ordered a suit, gloves and boots from them. they shipped out today no tax and free shipping I can't complain so far and from reading their site they seem pretty cool about exchanges and returns.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:38 PM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
I've bought jackets twice from this site http://www.leatherup.com/c/Mens-Moto...ets/2/102.html (both Xelement) and I would deal with them again. Fast delivery and the Xelement jackets I bought were well worth the relatively low price.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Squid Poacher
Back Marker

scatterbrained is on a distinguished road
I have seen their stuff on fleabay and was not impressed. Granted they may have some stuff that is ok but I was looking for a one-piece leather suit and the stuff they had listed looked outright scary.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Back Marker

the suit and gloves should be here on Wednesday so I will take some pictures of the quality of it all and post them up.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Back Marker

So I got the suit in today its actually pretty heavy and seems pretty well made. the fit is pretty good and its got elbow, back, hip and knee pads built into it. I will post some pictures up later once I load them. As time goes on I will put up my feelings about the suit after getting some miles in it.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Back Marker

here's some pictures

Old 03-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Back Marker

Update: So I got the 1st chance to get a ride in with the suit yesterday the fit and comfort was really surprisingly nice. The suit is still a bit stiff being its new but worked well. the thick leather was good for stopping wind and giving you that warm fuzzy safe feeling and the flex joints in the knees and shoulders worked well. So far I am a big fan and would recommend this company to anyone looking for a suit.

After looking at the tag I found it is made in Pakistan which is were I noticed most other leather suits are made. I will keep updating as time goes on with this suit.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:17 PM
Back Marker

Well so far so good on the suit it is comfortable still working on breaking it in don't wear it as often as I thought I would. All in all worth every penny I saved on it.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:04 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
I can't tell from their site or your photos but does the suit have double leather panels at the shoulders, elbows, knees & buttocks?
Old 03-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Squid Poacher
Back Marker

The seam running right down the middle of the back would bother me. There is a reason why you never see that on a quality jacket or suit.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Superstock

andy9743 is on a distinguished road
prices look really good...i might take a look at these closer when i free up some cash.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Back Marker

the elbows have double the way they are sew on the shoulders makes it hard to tell but there is padding in all those places. As for the seem in the center you don't really notice it well atleast I haven't. My bother and I both wore them over the weekend in 70 to 80 degree weather and they actually breath pretty good as long as you are moving once you stop they get really hot.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Squid Poacher
Back Marker

Originally Posted by toy4xchris
the elbows have double the way they are sew on the shoulders makes it hard to tell but there is padding in all those places. As for the seem in the center you don't really notice it well atleast I haven't. My bother and I both wore them over the weekend in 70 to 80 degree weather and they actually breath pretty good as long as you are moving once you stop they get really hot.
My comment about the seam was more about durability in a crash. You slide across your back, side or chest in a crash and the threads wear much faster than the leather. That is why you see Dianese making a "W" front entrance to their suits so there is no seam on the chest. I'm sure the suit fits a price point but like any piece of safety gear you have to ask yourself how much you're willing to sacrifice.
Here's to hoping you never find out.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Back Marker

I get what you are saying and I am hoping for the same thing I hope to never have to find out. I also think that for those people who put off buying safety items due to the price this suit could be a good thing. Something is always better than nothing.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:40 PM
98' SH stock
Squid

Moehawk005 is on a distinguished road
i got alot of my gear from leather up as well and i am happy wt the quality of the products and service
Old 03-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Superstock

bass4dude is on a distinguished road
OP, just wondering if that suit is still all it lived up to be in terms of durability?

contemplating buying a suit for my sister because I just got her 85 vf500r on the road and I want my baby sister to be safe.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Back Marker

so far the suit has been pretty good I have been lucky and haven't gone down but my brother did a lowside in it and it held up so for the money I still think it was well worth it. If price is the only thing keeping you from a suit and more protection this is a good direction to go in my opinion
Old 03-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Squid

George H Hill is on a distinguished road
I've used LEATHERUP.com several times. Great prices on a lot of stuff you can on several other sites, but you can get it all at once there, and for a really good price. I'll use them again.