RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Stupid Money

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 01:56 AM
Back Marker

Arctic Fire is on a distinguished road
Stupid Money

So I am getting married August 25th, couldn't be happier! I was looking for honeymoon packages, and it looks like with what the wedding is going to cost (not exactly Mr. Moneybags) We are not going to be able to go on a honeymoon. Might try a last minute special but that won't exactly be honeymoon suite status. Oh well..

Kinda pissed about it.. whats a wedding without the honeymoon?

Oh well, guess we can take trip later, but the magic moment will be faded by then!

Just ranting!!! Grrrrrr.. stupid money
Old 05-31-2007, 05:52 AM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
Your getting married on the 25th of August, I think that's the same day I got married. It might be the 21st or 25th, I can't be sure I'll have to check with my wife.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:55 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Sgt Rock
Your getting married on the 25th of August, I think that's the same day I got married. It might be the 21st or 25th, I can't be sure I'll have to check with my wife.
LMAO....your so in trouble...LOL...that is why I love my computer, it never lets me forget...
Old 05-31-2007, 05:57 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Arctic Fire
So I am getting married August 25th, couldn't be happier! I was looking for honeymoon packages, and it looks like with what the wedding is going to cost (not exactly Mr. Moneybags) We are not going to be able to go on a honeymoon. Might try a last minute special but that won't exactly be honeymoon suite status. Oh well..

Kinda pissed about it.. whats a wedding without the honeymoon?

Oh well, guess we can take trip later, but the magic moment will be faded by then!

Just ranting!!! Grrrrrr.. stupid money
Do you have passports? A ton of places are throwing around good deals because they are loosing money to locations that don't require them to visit...Check Jamacia, and other non-US islands....Even if you go for a weekend, it is cheap, and it's something...

Don't feel bad, it took us 9 months before we went on a semi-honeymoon...
Old 05-31-2007, 06:11 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Wow, I am so sorry, I lost myself for a min...What are you thinking man!!!! You have a Hawk/Storm you don't need no stupid honeymoon, you need MODS!!!!! Now put your big boy panties on, tell her the honeymoon can wait, and go buy something pretty for your REAL Girlfriend!!!!! sheww, that was a close one!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:52 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
We were both very poor full time college students, so a night at a decent hotel on a local beach was good enough for us. 22 years ago and it still feels like it was special.

Best wedding gift I ever got: a picture frame with our wedding date engraved on it. BRILLIANT!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:57 AM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
I just verified with my wife. I did get put in lockdown on the 25th. We never had a honeymoon. Her family got me drunk at the reception until 3 in the morning, I was on a plane by 6 in the morning and back at work 12 hours later.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:10 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Sgt Rock;It might be the 21st or 25th, I can't be sure I'll have to check with my wife.[/QUOTE]

That is so classic. I love it!...
Old 05-31-2007, 07:13 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kickinchicken996
Wow, I am so sorry, I lost myself for a min...What are you thinking man!!!! You have a Hawk/Storm you don't need no stupid honeymoon, you need MODS!!!!! Now put your big boy panties on, tell her the honeymoon can wait, and go buy something pretty for your REAL Girlfriend!!!!! sheww, that was a close one!
You guys are on fire today... big boy pants.. :rofl:...

BTW, you do know he's kidding... right?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:58 AM
Back Marker

gssbmm
well for what it's worth. I got married last august. and we went to the dominican republic. they have some really great deal avaliable in punta cana. we did 9day 8 nights for 1600 all inclusive, and that included airfare. cheak orbitz because traval agents have never heard of it of charge twice as much.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:35 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
My buddy just got married (I was best man) and for the honeymoon they went to Mexico a resort on the beach for a week, flight everything all inclusive for $500/ea. (including alcohol)
Old 05-31-2007, 05:46 PM
Back Marker

Arctic Fire is on a distinguished road
hahah this thread is awsome, thanks for making me feel better everybody! Problem is that last minute deals are usually to the carribean/mexico and it's hurricane season in the Carib and Rainy in mexico in late august early september.. Sgt Rock is hilarious

I think I will get her an undertail and hugger for our honeymoon. Those SOUND like fun things don't they? Even kinda sexual
Old 05-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Cleveland
You guys are on fire today... big boy pants.. :rofl:...

BTW, you do know he's kidding... right?
No I wasn't!! LOL..ok, yes, I was... or was I? hmmmm....points to ponder
Old 06-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Back Marker

spdrcr is on a distinguished road
You're Canadian right? Have you checked Cuba? After Castro kicks the bucket I plan on going . All the resorts are there and the people are great. Good luck.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

PJay is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superbling
We were both very poor full time college students, so a night at a decent hotel on a local beach was good enough for us. 22 years ago and it still feels like it was special.

Best wedding gift I ever got: a picture frame with our wedding date engraved on it. BRILLIANT!!!!!!
Similar stuff for us. We took a week's holiday a year later, and went away with a hiker's tent in the trunk of the car. The weather was so crap we slept in the car two nights. Not really honeymoon stuff, I suppose, but at least we'd had practise...

Maybe expectations are higher 30 years on. I am not going to remarry just to find if mine are.