RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Is speed channel for real???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:40 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

supermarto is on a distinguished road
Is speed channel for real???

They are only showing the 250 and 125 GP from Indy? They've gotta be ******* kidding! They should be doing a whole freaking three day program on that ****!

Edit: Okay, I just read that NBC has the lock on the main event... Sorry Speed Channel! But I still think you suck Nascar Nuts!

Last edited by supermarto; 09-10-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Back Marker

KC-10ENG is on a distinguished road
Uhh why don't you check NBC they will have what you are looking for! EHEH sorry!

Last edited by KC-10ENG; 09-11-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:50 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

I edited the post above, it's on NBC actually... I'm just bitter that I'm not actually GOING to the GP... Bastards!
Old 09-11-2008, 06:08 AM
Back Marker

bundleofgrundle is on a distinguished road
i'm glad someone has a gripe with the speed channel. I run home during lunch just about everyday to either watch F1 or MotoGP. this makes me happy. When i get home at night, the only thing that seems to be on is "Unique Whips". What an awful abortion of a show that is....A bunch of brainless idiots buying stupid cars and dropping tons of money on chrome and DVD screens...WTF.

Its called the speed channel for a reason. show me gas powered things that go fast...i don't care if its a lawnmower, anything is better than the mindless dubs and bitches crap. I fear for future generations.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Back Marker
Back Marker

falcondrvr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bundleofgrundle
i'm glad someone has a gripe with the speed channel. I run home during lunch just about everyday to either watch F1 or MotoGP. this makes me happy. When i get home at night, the only thing that seems to be on is "Unique Whips". What an awful abortion of a show that is....A bunch of brainless idiots buying stupid cars and dropping tons of money on chrome and DVD screens...WTF.

Its called the speed channel for a reason. show me gas powered things that go fast...i don't care if its a lawnmower, anything is better than the mindless dubs and bitches crap. I fear for future generations.
Agreed. i'd love to see more racing and racing news on speed and less crappy "lifestyle" shows. leave those to TLC or whatever. that new Wrecked show is pretty interesting though. never though too much about tow truck operations.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:42 AM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
I get Reallllly pissed off when 2 wheel tueday is nascar and Unique whips!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Back Marker

yup. I love the racing they have on during the daytime but once i get home from work its nothing but the lifestyle stuff. I don't mind 101 Cars You Must Drive or even the occasional episode of pinks but those are the only kind of shows on in the evening. A rebroadcast of racing they showed earlier in the day would be so much more enjoyable. I agree with Wrecked being a pretty decent show, but still...it's called the Speed Channel, not the Towtruck Network.

probably not an altogether bad thing that they dont show racing all the time...i would be a complete waste of life
Old 09-11-2008, 09:28 AM
rnb
Back Marker

rnb is on a distinguished road
Speed Channels "Superbikes" host Jason Britton is going to be in Philadelphia for Clutch Control on sept. 20. if anyone is interested and is close enough to go.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Back Marker
Back Marker

i wish they'd replay the Motogp races during the week at least once in case you missed it on sunday. Is that really too much to ask?

i guess we gotta get one more rerun of Unique Whips in there...
Old 09-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by falcondrvr
i wish they'd replay the Motogp races during the week at least once in case you missed it on sunday. Is that really too much to ask?

i guess we gotta get one more rerun of Unique Whips in there...

i guess i'm lucky that i am close enough to work that i can zip home and catch an hour of racing...replay or not. They had one of the rain soaked races from england on yesterday or the day before...absolutely absurd. people were going down all over the place, rear ends kicking out around turns. Amazing stuff really. these guys were still hauling *** in the wet...really good racing though. need more. need more. gotta get my fix.

...Then again...who can resist watching a gaggle of idiots install TVs in the floors of escalades. word.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

They had one of the rain soaked races from england on yesterday or the day before...absolutely absurd. people were going down all over the place, rear ends kicking out around turns. Amazing stuff really. these guys were still hauling *** in the wet...really good racing though. need more. need more. gotta get my fix.
yeah that was race two of WSB from Donnington. Great stuff there. Race one was was played on sunday and it was a real good one too.

If you need that fix now, get over to the WSB website. they've got some great vids on there. also full replays of qualifying and the races. all for free too!

http://www.superbike.it/pubb_EN/index.php
Old 09-12-2008, 12:42 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

Um yeah I caught the replay of that race on Speed Channel: AT THREE OCLOCK IN THE MORNING! That was a bad-*** race that was extremely exciting, and they still choose to show b/s repeats of the weak programs mentioned above during prime-time... I am sick of their ****. I wish there was a channel that showed hill-climbing, dirt-track, flat-track, road racing, Isle-of-Man TT replays, moto GP replays, and all the other cool **** they should be showing, but alas...
Old 09-12-2008, 05:09 AM
Squid

snowman666 is on a distinguished road
Glad I'm not the only one. I miss the days of WRC on speed, insanity on four wheels. I like nascar, but 6 hours of pre-race is a little much. Best place I've found to get a real racing fix is racing-underground.com they have torrent downloads of about every kind of racing you can think of.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:24 AM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
The program director at Speed is anti-motorcycle. Greg White was pissed on the last show of Two Wheel Tuesday. It is sad in my opinion. Speed sux now.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:56 AM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Seriously, when i was a wee-little lad, you could turn on speed channel anytime of day and see hill climbs, monster trucks, followed by score trucks and Gp, folloowed by WRC. I could watch for 8 days a week. It was glorious. Race after race, and my friends and family were starting to think I was a savant. Now, I can handle about an hour. That is the length of time I can wait until a race comes on, then its youtube for my addiction. That is bull. Wrecked????? that belongs with the mike rowe lineup, including dirtiest jobs, most dangerous whatever they have this week, and my science geek favorites on the discovery channel. I just want to see nonstop speed related stuff. No sail boats, not fast enough, ever, ever.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
This is what we are missing here in the States...
http://www.moto.tv/

I wish this was an English channel. Maybe I need to learn Italian.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Back Marker

is it me or does it seem like Speed has been sitting on their *** while channels like Versus are picking up more motorsports? correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt Vs have the TV rights to Baja? i think its safe to say Speed won't be watchable until some personel changes are made in the decision making department
Old 09-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Squid

Hawkguy Pierce is on a distinguished road
Bring back Larry Myers & Motoworld!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:18 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Too many brain dead people who worship NASCAR, that's the problem with SPEED. The only reason I got SPEED 3 years ago was to watch mc roadraces.

All I know is I'm planning my weekend around MotoGP at noon Sunday on NBC. Unfortunately we'll probably have to listen to Kevin Schwanz, who is a great guy, but a boring color commentator.