RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

So, why do you ride a Hyabusa?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator
Back Marker

mamisano is an unknown quantity at this point
So, why do you ride a Hyabusa?

Riding to work yesterday, and like most days of riding in traffic, I really enjoy hitting this one banked 90 degree left hander really hard. This is a transition from the Westbound Northern State Parkway to the Southbound Meadowbrook Parkway.

While on the Northern State, I come upon a rider on a Busa. I catch up to him and we ride together for an exit or two, then we both head towards the transition exit. I promptly accelerate and he lolly gags, so I end up passing him on his left while taking the 90 degree turn.

I mean come on, that is the most exciting part of my commute and this Busa rider is in la la land.... why have that bike, or any bike if you don't actually enjoy it from time to time??

I do have to admit, it was great passing him on my "lowly" SuperHawk while railing through the turn.

Later
Old 08-11-2004, 11:46 AM
faz
Superstock

faz
Re: So, why do you ride a Hyabusa?

may be he wasn't in the mood to have fun!

But I know what you mean.

I would love to get a Busa, I have loved that look (I know I know), and the whole seating position (when I try it on at the dealer) fits me just fine. And just the name: Hayabusa!!!!

But then again, it seems like most people who ride that bike somehow have attitude differences, which I don't want to be associated with, so I have never thought about actually buying one.

I am quite sure though that a hawk would be a lot more fun than the busa, in most of everyday riding.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:29 PM
Squid

tjayswift

Maybe he can't afford any more speeding tickets....

Also, like Faz said, most people who have 'busas tend to approach riding a little differently. Maybe their definition of enjoying their bikes are different than ours.

Or maybe he just wanted to let you pass so he could enjoy the beautiful sound of that V-twin winding out!!
Old 08-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Superstock

cdyer77
Or maybe he was just another squid that really doesn't "ride" his bike around corners...only in straight lines from one block to the next. I seem to run across more and more of that kind of "rider".

I see them come into the shop all the time. Chromed out/pimped out liter bikes with tires that are bald in the center and brand new (literally) on each side. I just laugh as I take their cash.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:09 PM
faz
Superstock

faz
what sort of shop do you run, cdyer77?
Old 08-11-2004, 06:30 PM
Superstock

cdyer77
I work part-time at a custom sport bike shop. We get lots of guys that want everything chromed out on their bikes so they can hang out with their buddies to see who got the most bling-bling ride.

They ride from block to block on their bikes and never really go out of the city (even though we have tons of great riding just 20 mins away)
Old 08-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator
Back Marker

mamisano is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, on top of that, someone here at work just picked up a new, Black 600RR. Haven't seen the rider yet, but the tires are like-new (with colored stripes on them still!) and he has road rash on the right side like it was dropped.

See, that's why you don't get a BRAND NEW 600 SuperSport for your first bike... the plastic doesn't like it when you drop the bike

All these posers, so little time.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:06 PM
faz
Superstock

faz
Originally Posted by cdyer77";p=&quot
I work part-time at a custom sport bike shop. We get lots of guys that want everything chromed out on their bikes so they can hang out with their buddies to see who got the most bling-bling ride.

They ride from block to block on their bikes and never really go out of the city (even though we have tons of great riding just 20 mins away)

cool!

I guess each of us buys a motorcycle for his/her own reasons, right?

when I bought my first bike, I didn't have racing or track days or twisties or other things in mind. I just wanted to ride motorcycles. Some people buy the bikes solely for the purposes of looking good (and cool.) So be it. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Back Marker

bigpat123
The shop i use down here does the whole Busa thing to the max. I mean i saw a turbo with nitrous. How fast in a straight line does anyone really need to go. And with all the chrome they really cant be that fast
Old 12-02-2005, 01:00 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm not defending the busa over the hawk, but from what I've read, they handle surprisingly well in the twisty stuff. can't speculate as to why this guy didn't pick up the gauntlet, but I know that nothing gets me in trouble faster, and gets my blood pumpin harder than the thrill of the chase. call me immature, but if a bike goes flying past me, its fate tempting time!
Old 12-02-2005, 07:51 AM
SuperSport

Loco
My guess is that the bus was probably still in 5th gear from the highway, and he was too scared to downshift in the turn and lose his precious rear chicken strips.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:03 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't trash talk anybody's bike, but there has been a couple of Busa's at the track I go to. Just let me put it this way, What does the DR. do to a baby just after it's been born? SPANK IT!!!