RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

not even a squid

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Squid

redline76
not even a squid

If you know SoCal riding, then you'll know where I talking about. I ride up Latigo Cyn to Mulholland, then up to Piuma and down Stunt Rd. I'll mix it up, but pretty much this is my every Saturday, sometimes Sunday ride too.

I much prefer Saturdays as it seems all the foolios, coolios, and toolios come out in force to make an appearance at the Rock Store. 5-0 is in effect on Sundays as well, which makes the Saturday canyon-strafing missions all the more enjoyable.

My rant is this-> What is up with these dudes wearing minor protection (khakis and street shoes fer chrissakes!?) and attempting to pilot R1s? I mean, I don't really care how they perceive your own safety, but their riding style reflects a similar lack of understanding about basic motorcycle knowledge. These guys are slow through the curves (brake at every corner) so I'm up their *** even though I try not to tailgate and stay in their mirrors so they know I'm there, but as soon as there's a straight, they drop the hammer to catch up to their friends and I can't get by. They know I'm back there; they just think that by pulling away in the straights, they're keeping ahead of me.

Time to get aggressive