RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

New Neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Squid

wolfgun is on a distinguished road
George Bush shoe attack - YouTube
I'm thinking that you probably didn't hear her asking you to not drive in the neighborhood without your exhaust hooked up. I believe she did catch your attention and without throwing a wrench or shooting at you with her shotgun. She might have been showing a good amount of restraint. Crazy or not, she's probably a pretty good neighbor, you, on the other hand I'm not sure of.
As far as "playing in the road" goes, I'm another person that grew up playing in the street. Mrs. Conley's left rear tire was 1st base. If you're going to drive like an *** or drive around without your exhaust system, be prepared to get treated accordingly.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
lol I love how so many people are justifying vigilante action against what amounts to noise...but I'm the "e-thug" for saying I wouldn't leave it at that if someone did something to me first.

aja, I'm older than you, I just value individual freedom over an expectation of everyone behaving the same way, "or else".

I would say if anything it's people who think its ok to take vigilante action when they haven't been harmed are the ones who need to "grow up" a bit, but to each their own...I'm not going to change anyone's mind on here obviously.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:25 PM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
Who ever said anything about expectig people to behave alike? I don't care if youre black, Mexican, gay, republican, a cross dresser, root for the Giants, or voted for Obama. As long as you follow laws that at pertinent to the safety of others and utilize respect. Just because you think you can tear *** down the road doesn't mean that everyone should be ok with it. Chances are at least 2 people don't like you doing that, so out of common courtesy and respect you should realize that you are the minority figure and should respect the wishes of those who out number you. It's not about trying to control anyone. It all comes down to what a lot of people lack these days, respect. If you want such "individuality" and don't want to follow the rules everyone else does, get the **** out and move to a sovereign nation.

Age is just a number, maturity and humanity are what matters.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Superstock

"at least two people don't want you doing that", they shouldn't have a want or desire when it comes to my actions...

I understand your view point, but it has nothing to do with respect and everything to do with people wanting to control others. The fact that you see it as a respect issue and thus a morality/humanity issue is where we disagree.

I mean, in your example, some kid in a lowered civic that doesn't know any better hammering through a residential area, an accident waiting to happen...cops should be called, but I'm talking about an adult situation where risk is being managed by the person...any obligation to follow the letter of the law as a matter of 'respect' is a mistaken one - it's up to the individual person to manage themselves, not for people to get angry at them for a perceived wrong, or take it personally.

Again, just to use a personalized example: I enjoy driving fast, and numerous times I've incurred the anger of people who should mind their own business...but in reality I wasn't at risk of hitting anyone, and my 10+ years driving without even getting a speeding ticket let alone an accident is decent evidence of that...I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, if someone throws something at my car or starts taking revenge for what they mistakenly see as a personal attack on them I wouldn't see it as 'even'.

What's more dangerous for your kids? A soccer mom texting and driving 5mph over the speed limit in a minivan on skinny economy tires? Me driving 15mph over the limit having some fun around corners that happen to be in your area, but on road racing tires and in a car that can stop on a dime?

Which one is more visible? You wouldn't notice the soccer mom to yell at her, but you might notice me and get pissed off...

Last edited by blamecanada; 04-18-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:59 PM
aja
SuperSport

That's where you're wrong. A car is only as good as its driver. How do you know that you will be able to react in time? You can't know, and that is the point of speed limits.

I do get your point, I feel like I can control any situation when I am driving and do drive over the speed limit when it is safe, but no where near anywhere I would have to tell someone "you know if you were watching your kid I wouldn't have hit him", because I put others safety before my selfish wants.

I don't see how you justify speeding through residential areas, simply because you think you can. What is your sports car? What kind of suspension and brake upgrades have you done? Unless you have a $50,000+ vehicle, none of it is up to par for tearing through neighbor hoods.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:04 PM
aja
SuperSport

Old 04-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blamecanada
I mean, in your example, some kid in a lowered civic that doesn't know any better hammering through a residential area, an accident waiting to happen.... but I'm talking about an adult situation where risk is being managed by the person...any obligation to follow the letter of the law as a matter of 'respect' is a mistaken one - it's up to the individual person to manage themselves, not for people to get angry at them for a perceived wrong, or take it personally.
You are an anarchist aren't you? C'mon admit it. Laws and rules are in place for other people and don't apply to you because of your superior driving skills and your specially designed automobile with amazing handling characteristics that ignores the laws of physics?

Seriously?

Again, just to use a personalized example: I enjoy driving fast, and numerous times I've incurred the anger of people who should mind their own business...but in reality I wasn't at risk of hitting anyone, and my 10+ years driving without even getting a speeding ticket let alone an accident is decent evidence of that...I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, if someone throws something at my car or starts taking revenge for what they mistakenly see as a personal attack on them I wouldn't see it as 'even'.
You are always at risk of an accident and when YOUR actions needlessly endanger the safety of others even though you are "managing the risk" (I laugh every time I read or write that) you deserve whatever you get.

What's more dangerous for your kids? A soccer mom texting and driving 5 mph over the speed limit in a minivan on skinny economy tires? Me driving 15mph over the limit having some fun around corners that happen to be in your area, but on road racing tires and in a car that can stop on a dime?
YOU ARE. I know the soccer mom is going to screw up, you on the other hand are unpredictable because of your fantastic ego. WHEN you crash, rest assured it WILL be spectacular. Hopefully anyone else around you will also be "managing their risk" (LOL again) and won't be injured.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by aja
That's where you're wrong. A car is only as good as its driver. How do you know that you will be able to react in time? You can't know, and that is the point of speed limits.

I do get your point, I feel like I can control any situation when I am driving and do drive over the speed limit when it is safe, but no where near anywhere I would have to tell someone "you know if you were watching your kid I wouldn't have hit him", because I put others safety before my selfish wants.

I don't see how you justify speeding through residential areas, simply because you think you can. What is your sports car? What kind of suspension and brake upgrades have you done? Unless you have a $50,000+ vehicle, none of it is up to par for tearing through neighbor hoods.
I don't tear through residential suburbs, but those aren't the only places where people live, and not the only places where people get pissed off.

If we wanna start talking about my car it's nothing too special, an older M3 with road racing suspension tires and rotors/pads, before I got into bikes I was doing probably a track day a month with it...if I paid someone else to do all the work on it (replacement bushings, suspension, setup work, etc...) it could probably get close to 50k, but that's a stretch.

I don't actually want to hit anyone's kid, or see a kid get run over by anyone, but my point is you shouldn't let your kids play in the street, and then get cheesed off when people speed past...you don't own the street...you guys were able to play in the street as kids? cool, but I wouldn't let my kids do it...

Originally Posted by RWhisen
You are an anarchist aren't you? C'mon admit it. Laws and rules are in place for other people and don't apply to you.
I don't think this way, but I DO think that laws are a function of their enforcement...my only point here is that you should be calling the cops if you think someone's breaking the law...because if a cop stops me when I'm speeding (to use a personal example) I won't have much to say about it...but if you run into the road screaming and bitching, or throw **** at my car, I would get pissed about it...and there's a lot crazier people than me out there that's for sure.

Really there's nothing further to be said, I think people like you (excuse the generalization, but it seems like you have the view point I dislike) are what's "wrong" with the attitudes of humans, and it seems like you feel the same way about how I look at things...

Even when I'm doing the speed limit I get annoyed when some irresponsible parent is AWOL and their kid is chasing a bouncing ball across the street...what if I was a soccer mom instead of an attentive driver? The kid may have eaten it even at the speed limit...

---

All these specific examples don't even matter, we could debate my car vs other cars vs teenage drivers vs kids in the street - I'm only using them as examples to say that you shouldn't escalate noise situations to property damage...or if you do, be prepared to have the situation escalate even further.

Last edited by blamecanada; 04-18-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:57 PM
SuperBike

Silly us, we should have recognized you from your picture....

Name:  speedracer-e1299015752392.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  27.4 KB

And in my opinion you epitomize what's wrong with some people.

"I'm going to keep doing what I am doing" to use your words. So sad for whoever you injure due to your selfishness.

Last edited by RWhisen; 04-18-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:10 AM
Squid

masterhacker1989 is on a distinguished road
Like I said shes a bitch, her husband is alright, daughter is cool, but the mother who threw a shoe at me is a bitch. She never asked me not to drive around with no exhaust, just threw a shoe at me and yelled.
The thing is i don't bitch that they drive a gigantic 24+hp 0 turn mower around with no muffler, I personally think that is more annoying because you hear it for like 3 hours, instead of 15 seconds when I drive by, or I could get into how they drive a built to hell rapter 700r around for 5 or six hours. I live in the country so I expect people to have noisy fast things
Old 04-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Squid

wolfgun is on a distinguished road
All I can say is that if you yanked your exhaust system off your car while pulling into your driveway, you would not be welcome to drive it around my neighborhood until you reattached it. Someone would call your Dad and bitch him out for you acting like an idiot.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:49 PM
aja
SuperSport

I don't tear through residential suburbs, but those aren't the only places where people live, and not the only places where people get pissed off.

If we wanna start talking about my car it's nothing too special, an older M3 with road racing suspension tires and rotors/pads, before I got into bikes I was doing probably a track day a month with it...if I paid someone else to do all the work on it (replacement bushings, suspension, setup work, etc...) it could probably get close to 50k, but that's a stretch.

I don't actually want to hit anyone's kid, or see a kid get run over by anyone, but my point is you shouldn't let your kids play in the street, and then get cheesed off when people speed past...you don't own the street...you guys were able to play in the street as kids? cool, but I wouldn't let my kids do it...

I don't think this way, but I DO think that laws are a function of their enforcement...my only point here is that you should be calling the cops if you think someone's breaking the law...because if a cop stops me when I'm speeding (to use a personal example) I won't have much to say about it...but if you run into the road screaming and bitching, or throw **** at my car, I would get pissed about it...and there's a lot crazier people than me out there that's for sure.

Really there's nothing further to be said, I think people like you (excuse the generalization, but it seems like you have the view point I dislike) are what's "wrong" with the attitudes of humans, and it seems like you feel the same way about how I look at things...

Even when I'm doing the speed limit I get annoyed when some irresponsible parent is AWOL and their kid is chasing a bouncing ball across the street...what if I was a soccer mom instead of an attentive driver? The kid may have eaten it even at the speed limit...

---

All these specific examples don't even matter, we could debate my car vs other cars vs teenage drivers vs kids in the street - I'm only using them as examples to say that you shouldn't escalate noise situations to property damage...or if you do, be prepared to have the situation escalate even further.
Well I can tell you from personal experience that your e30 is in no shape to be tearing around town. The suspension, joints, and bushings only last about 30k miles on those, after that they can not be expected to perform how they should. Very good choice in car though, I had a 97 with a full cage and track built, they're just a huge amount of work to keep in top performance condition otherwise I wouldn't have sold it.

Back on topic: I had new neighbors move in a few weeks ago. They have a rottweiler. So far they've been great, no noise, they're dog is nice and plays with my dogs, and they keep their place presentable. A few days ago I was cleaning up the dog **** in the back yard when I realized the **** I was cleaning was not from my dogs (im have two small breeds) and that it happened to be along the fence line I share with the neighbor. Their dog has never come into my back yard. I have seen the dad cleaning up in back and also their teen age son. Well I mentioned to the dad that I was finding a large amount of dog **** from his dog in my yard, told him it wasn't really a big deal and asked him to make sure his son isn't tossing it over the fence instead of throwing it away. It didn't stop so I asked him again today to remind his son and he got confrontational, saying his son isn't doing it and even if he was, dog **** is biodegradeable so I shouldn't care. So I threw it back over the fence. About 30 minutes later I see the guy throwing it back onto my side and yelling. That was my last straw.

So as you have probably noticed, I'm spiteful. Im vengeful. And since I can be a sick ****, I will have a few laughs when I start collecting dog **** from my family and friends and put it in his yard. It will most likely not solve the problem, but ill have a good time doing it.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:43 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by aja
....So as you have probably noticed, I'm spiteful. Im vengeful. And since I can be a sick ****, I will have a few laughs when I start collecting dog **** from my family and friends and put it in his yard. It will most likely not solve the problem, but ill have a good time doing it.
LOL, I have a mental picture of a steaming pile on his front porch......
Old 04-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Bike needs an outboard
Squid

Mike4058 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RWhisen
LOL, I have a mental picture of a steaming pile on his front porch......
I was think a flaming bag full of it.