RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

New Neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Bike needs an outboard
Squid

Mike4058 is on a distinguished road
New Neighbors

Hi everybody.

Joined the forum about a week back after buying my '98 SH. I've been bouncing around trying to get a good idea on set up, and haven't posted yet because I didn't want to ask a bunch of questions that have already been answered many times(and face the cynical wrath of some guy named Tweety ). Not the best way to introduce ones self with a rant, but any way...

I have had some new very loud neighbors move in recently. They for some reason insist on standing outside speaking loudly to each other, rattle around and generally make noise for half the night for no apparent reason other then to be arseholes. One of the other Neighbors ask them to try and keep it down after 9 and they politely told him to go f**k himself, they could do what ever they want.

It seems to me I could...
A) Go over and convince them that being a good neighbor has health benefits.
B) Pull my bike with a Vance& Hines exhaust out and let it warm up by their bedroom window at 3am when I go to work.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:25 PM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
My experience of living in the same apartment for 41 years is that those type of people have a way of taking care of themselves. Think Darwin.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:29 AM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Noisy Neighbours - Solutions for noisy neighbours
Old 04-12-2012, 04:06 AM
erno
Back Marker

erno is on a distinguished road
Better still take the mufflers off,and start it up

ps Tweety just a big softy
Old 04-12-2012, 05:38 AM
Squid

masterhacker1989 is on a distinguished road
I had my neobhor tell me she didn't like my driving my camaro around off the exaust manifolds by throwing a shoe at me. So I took my 85 c10, my 93 ranger, and some buddies cars 92 grand prix (no mufflers) 97 geo prizim (bad exhaust leak) and finally a 1990 f250 (straight pipes) at about 4 in the morning we all parked in front of her house, and revved the rap out of our engines, did brake stands/burnouts if the vehicles would do them. we got the cops called on us, but they basicly said they didn't have enough proof to ticket us

i say get a group of loud vechiles together an rev the car out if them
Old 04-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Bike needs an outboard
Squid

Mike4058 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by masterhacker1989
I had my neobhor tell me she didn't like my driving my camaro around off the exaust manifolds by throwing a shoe at me. So I took my 85 c10, my 93 ranger, and some buddies cars 92 grand prix (no mufflers) 97 geo prizim (bad exhaust leak) and finally a 1990 f250 (straight pipes) at about 4 in the morning we all parked in front of her house, and revved the rap out of our engines, did brake stands/burnouts if the vehicles would do them. we got the cops called on us, but they basicly said they didn't have enough proof to ticket us

i say get a group of loud vechiles together an rev the car out if them
At 40 I just don't have it in me to waste that much time and work on them.

They kept me up until midnight, woke up this morning groggy, glanced at the clock, got around and headed to work. Got to work, clocked in, got out of my riding gear, then looked at the clock...
F*** me I was an hour early!
Old 04-12-2012, 09:12 AM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
Try talking to them first. I had neighbors that had the same mentality and I gave it to them straight. I said "hey I know this is your place and I can't tell you what to do, but I've spoken with some of the other neighbors and we all agree that you can be noisy at inconvenient times. If you would try to keep it down at night I would appreciate it". At first they tried being hard asses and were still noisy, so I walked over one night around 2 am (their backyard was next to my bedroom window and they always seemed to be outside). I told the guy he was keeping me up and that I would appreciate it if he asked his guests to stay inside or at least away from my window. Well I had a beer can thrown at my window a few minutes later, so I called the cops (my landlord is the chief of police and came down) he told the guy that he should arrest him for vandalism and littering but that I insisted he just talk to them (I told him I was going to smash skulls if the kid didn't get the point). So he told the guy to walk to my place, pick up the beer can, and appologize to me or he was going to cite him for the noise. Well since then the kid kept it down, I even heard him yelling at a few friends one time to be respectful and stay the **** away from my window.

Just start your bike up early in the morning by their window and let it idle for a good while. If they say something, tell them that you will stop doing that when they stop being rude. if they don't, call the cops. It may take a few calls but the responding officer will get tired of coming to the same house and will eventually stick it to them.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Superstock

kmm996
I had the same thing a few weeks ago. 've been in my neighborhood for over 10 years and try to be quiet. Keep the kids from yelling outside and shut the bike off to coast into the drive, ect. New neighbors who talk loudly, argue outside and have 3 yippy dogs that bark evrytime we step outside or pull in the drive. So a few weeks ago I was leaving for work at 8 a.m. on a Saturday morning and I fired the bike up with D&D pipes and made sure to pipe it a few times before I left.(while they happened to be on their front porch talking on the phone....) 50 degrees and the D&D's crackle and pop pretty good. Now anytime they get loud, the wife wants me to go for a ride... (maybe this isn't such a bad thing afterall...
Old 04-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Man I hate my neighbor's yippy dog. Every time I go out to the garage this stupid animal wants to bark. I yelled at it a few times to be quiet, and now the neighbors realize the worthless nature of their animal and make it go inside when we are outside.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:35 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
Put the police complaint line on your speed dial, AND USE IT.

Eventually it will be less of a pita for them to subdue the neighbors than answer your calls. Should the police seem reluctant to remediate the situation, present the local councilman with a neighborhood voting bloc that wants peace and quiet. Said councilman will give a call to the police chief, the chief will call the sector sgt. who will give a direct command to the patrol units.

Worked for me.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:14 AM
Squid

If you **** off the police then they wont even bother responding to your calls, if you go to the police chief He'll probally blow you off, even the councilman probably wont do much, I called the police on the lady that threw a shoe at my car, The way i see it she assaulted me and vandalized my car, the police stopped out and talked to her, and told me not to drive around like a ***. Now if it had been me throwing a shoe at someones car i would have been charged with assault, disorderly conduct, destruction of private property, and most likely resisting arrest for good measure

Last edited by masterhacker1989; 04-16-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:38 AM
aja
SuperSport

If you're driving like an ***, you're lucky it wasn't something harder than a shoe. A few people who found it necessary to floor it every time they went up and down my street have found that sometimes wrenches come out of no where.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aja
If you're driving like an ***, you're lucky it wasn't something harder than a shoe. A few people who found it necessary to floor it every time they went up and down my street have found that sometimes wrenches come out of no where.
your street as in a street you bought and paid for? or the one your house just happens to be on?

I drive pretty aggressively at times, it annoys me when people think they have a say in what I do on public roads; I'd have to say if someone threw a wrench at my car they would regret it one way or another, even if I had to come back later.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blamecanada
your street as in a street you bought and paid for? or the one your house just happens to be on?

I drive pretty aggressively at times, it annoys me when people think they have a say in what I do on public roads; I'd have to say if someone threw a wrench at my car they would regret it one way or another, even if I had to come back later.
I have to admit, it has crossed my mind more than once to carry a tennis ball in my pocket for when someone who doesn't live on "my street" goes flying past my house at an unsafe speed. A little harmless thoink! on the hood, roof or windshield could create an opportunity for some overdue conversation. But if the driver is a sociopath with a Glock, it might be the last thing I ever do. So I think I'll just take down plate numbers when I see a problem worth reporting to 911 and leave the tossing to people willing to face (or dole out) deadly force.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Squid

Luco is on a distinguished road

I'd consider it my street as in the one my children play on and around. And anyone driving aggressively and putting my or other kids in danger would be lucky if it was only a wrench that was thrown at the car. The roads are public, and what you do has a direct effect on other people, so you absolutely should consider them in what you do.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:42 PM
aja
SuperSport

My street, as in I paid to have it graded and paved so I didn't have a dirt road as part of my driveway. It connects two other county streets, and my stipulations for the permit was that it would be a public access way between the two streets. I am responsible for its upkeep. It is on my property. So the way I see it, if I stop you and ask you to slow down and you still fly through my 25 mph street faster than 40 mph, you get a wrench. If you stop and come back, you get a bigger wrench. If you cause more trouble, you get my .45 in your nose for trespassing.

And even if I didn't own the street, blowing past my house where there are children playing is a big no. My taxes would go to that street, I would pay property taxes on my land that that street is against, and you are not entitled to anything other than driving on it at the posted speed limit. Freeways and other non residential areas, go ahead. Kill yourself.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by aja
My street, as in I paid to have it graded and paved so I didn't have a dirt road as part of my driveway. It connects two other county streets, and my stipulations for the permit was that it would be a public access way between the two streets. I am responsible for its upkeep.
Question answered; to everyone else talking about children playing...if you're dumb enough to let your children play in the road...

I haven't hooned down any residential areas since I was a teenager, but there's always some ******* who will get pissed even if you're not going fast when you have a non-stock exhaust.

Property taxes don't pay for only your own street, and sports car drivers also pay them; so that argument is not applicable.

Last edited by blamecanada; 04-16-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:02 PM
aja
SuperSport

I grew up playing in the street. When a car came, we moved, then continued playing when it was gone. It's not about kids playing in the road, its about wreckless driving on a road where people may be present. Someone doing the speed limit can stop before or avoid a person, someone speeding can not.

Sports car drivers don't speed in residential areas. **** stick douche bag teens in their riced out civics do. Anyone that has a sports car (and I mean sports car, not something lowered with wheels and a flomaster) knows that there is a time and place for utilizing that vehicle.

At least we agree on not speeding through residential areas. I don't care if someone blows by me on the freeway doing 100+, as long as it is somewhat safe to do so, like minimal traffic or a wide open lane.

Any progress with the neighbors mike?
Old 04-16-2012, 04:30 PM
SuperBike

Question answered; to everyone else talking about children playing...if you're dumb enough to let your children play in the road...

I haven't hooned down any residential areas since I was a teenager, but there's always some ******* who will get pissed even if you're not going fast when you have a non-stock exhaust.

Property taxes don't pay for only your own street, and sports car drivers also pay them; so that argument is not applicable.
Years and years ago when I was much younger, the parents of a friend of mine owned a little house south of Houston. All the other houses on the street were of similar types and most folks used them as weekend getaways to go fishing or other water activities on Galveston Bay. One day a young man was tearing up and down the road in his Camaro attempting to impress the apple of his eye and he was warned by one of the full time residents to cease his activities since there were children playing nearby and others walking up and down the road. He ignored said warning and one last time came tearing past the house of the gentleman who warned him but the man was ready for him and unloaded both barrels of his 12 ga shotgun into the Camaro as it went past. It was only lead bird shot and had no real chance to injure someone (unless you're hunting with Dick Cheney and take it in the face) but it did encourage the young man to not return to which to this day he has not. Is that vigilante-ism? Sure. Did the young man learn that there were consquences for his actions? Yep. Did the Sheriff come out? Nope.

The point of not speeding through neighborhoods is that there are children playing and you never know when one will chase a ball into the street, lose control of their bicycle and veer into traffic or simply not think and step off the curb without looking. I think your attitude concerning public use of roads is somewhat cavalier, irresponsible and smacks of stunters wheeling it down the freeway or strafing cars at high speed. It is a shame that it annoys you that people expect you to follow rules and laws in your daily driving.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by RWhisen
It was only lead bird shot and had no real chance to injure someone (unless you're hunting with Dick Cheney and take it in the face) but it did encourage the young man to not return to which to this day he has not. Is that vigilante-ism? Sure. Did the young man learn that there were consquences for his actions? Yep. Did the Sheriff come out? Nope.

The point of not speeding through neighborhoods is that there are children playing and you never know when one will chase a ball into the street, lose control of their bicycle and veer into traffic or simply not think and step off the curb without looking. I think your attitude concerning public use of roads is somewhat cavalier, irresponsible and smacks of stunters wheeling it down the freeway or strafing cars at high speed. It is a shame that it annoys you that people expect you to follow rules and laws in your daily driving.
lol, you won't catch me stunting anywhere, let alone on the freeway; and with respect to "follow rules and laws" - I would say you're sitting in a glass house throwing stones. Every day I see retards on the road not following rules and laws, but I don't shoot at them or throw wrenches at their cars.

I probably won't ever be the camaro driver in the story, but if some dude shot at my car instead of calling the cops I would be coming back for some revenge when he least expected it.

The camaro driver should have known that there are morons who allow their children to play in the road, and that he was risking liability by speeding through there; I don't think he's morally wrong to be doing that, anymore than people are morally in the wrong by drinking beer and watching NFL instead of keeping an eye on little johnny to make sure he isn't getting run over by speeding cars.

Your kids are not my responsibility, if we could learn as kids not to chase ***** and hockey pucks into the street so can your offspring.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, I should have started something in the rant section

Last edited by blamecanada; 04-16-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:00 PM
aja
SuperSport

lol, you won't catch me stunting anywhere, let alone on the freeway; and with respect to "follow rules and laws" - I would say you're sitting in a glass house throwing stones. Every day I see retards on the road not following rules and laws, but I don't shoot at them or throw wrenches at their cars.

I probably won't ever be the camaro driver in the story, but if some dude shot at my car instead of calling the cops I would be coming back for some revenge when he least expected it.

The camaro driver should have known that there are morons who allow their children to play in the road, and that he was risking liability by speeding through there; I don't think he's morally wrong to be doing that, anymore than people are morally in the wrong by drinking beer and watching NFL instead of keeping an eye on little johnny to make sure he isn't getting run over by speeding cars.

Your kids are not my responsibility, if we could learn as kids not to chase ***** and hockey pucks into the street so can your offspring.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, I should have started something in the rant section
Im gonna take a guess and say that you are pretty young. 25 or younger. You have a **** poor attitude when it comes to respect and common courtesy. If you arent worried about the kid you kill, at least be worried about how the rest of your life will turn out if it happened.

Just as other peoples kids are not your responsibility, and they should learn not to run into the street, you should learn that driving a car is a privilege and not a right as you seem to think. Speeding through a neighborhood is in no way the same as drinking a beer and watching football. Who are you going to kill while watching tv? Your argument is invalid anyways, because regardless of if someones kid is in the street, someone following the law will have enough time to stop before they hit the kid. In the end, it all comes down to the ******* speeding because he thinks he should be able to.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:53 PM
MandownMertech
Superstock

mertechperformance is on a distinguished road
blamecanada, quit opening your mouth, your foot can't fit in any deeper...

You're losing any shred of respect you may have had amongst others on this board.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Superstock

Well I've never come close to hitting a kid or anyone else, but my point is just because you're a crotchetey old crazy with a gun doesn't mean you should try to control what other people are doing...I know if someone put a gun in my face and acted like a tough guy even if they felt like I deserved it they wouldn't be getting away with it.

If you have rugrats I understand they're your #1, but that only matters when you're inside your own four walls.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:30 PM
aja
SuperSport

I'm 24. No kids. I grew up in the boon docks. We didn't call cops when we had trouble, we settled it on our own. Act out of line and bow up, you get a bloody lip and a fat eye. If I have to stick my 1911 in your face, you deserve it for letting it come to that.

Having a child (or developing common sense) later in life will hopefully change your outlook.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:53 AM
SuperBike

...I know if someone put a gun in my face and acted like a tough guy even if they felt like I deserved it they wouldn't be getting away with it.

If you have rugrats I understand they're your #1, but that only matters when you're inside your own four walls.
Name:  ethug2.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  27.7 KB
Old 04-17-2012, 05:29 AM
Squid

I wasn't driving like a ***, my car was just stupidly loud, my exhaust got ripped off a few days before when I turned into my driveway. and was coming directly off the manifolds, and my neighbors a bitch (and rumor has it crazy), I pulled out of my back driveway, there is a stop sighn about 30' from it, stopped, went to make a left turn and my neighbor decided to throw a shoe at me, I was probably going like 10 , If I was driving like a *** I would admit to it, I personally don't like It when people floor it by my house, which happens a lot since I live on a intersection in the country, and people like to do burnouts around the corner, i also get a lot of people racing down the road by me which is stupid cause there are a lot of fields that have tractors coming/going

Last edited by masterhacker1989; 04-17-2012 at 05:37 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:34 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by masterhacker1989
...... and my neighbor decided to throw a shoe at me......
Isn't that a giant insult having a shoe thrown at you?
Old 04-17-2012, 06:27 AM
Squid

Luco is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=blamecanada;
If you have rugrats I understand they're your #1, but that only matters when you're inside your own four walls.[/QUOTE]

Please never have children. It matters everywhere, it most certainly matters when they're in my car with me and an idiot driver runs into me, sends me off the road, or causes some other accident that in turn harms them.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:20 AM
aja
SuperSport

Originally Posted by RWhisen
Isn't that a giant insult having a shoe thrown at you?
In the middle east its a huge insult, one of the worst lol
Old 04-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Squid

I found it insulting, even worse I thin she took it off her fat foot and threw it at me, and before anyone asks the fat foot matches the rest of the boy shes about 5'6 and 350#, and like I mentioned Ive heard shes been hospitalized for being crazy

Quick Reply: New Neighbors