RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

I Respect Cops....But DAMN!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Superstock

Jeepingoose is on a distinguished road
I heard that the only reason CA allows lane sharing was that so many bikes used to be air cooled, and if left sitting in traffic too long would overheat and needing to be shut off. thus increasing the "rubber-neck" syndrome resulting in more accidents due to people tryin to see "whats wrong?" instead of seeing the SUV filled with kids that stopped suddenly in front of them.

Its just one of those laws that hasnt been changed...... yet.

I personally love Hawaii, but hate Honolulu Cops. They are almost all local guys who HATE white guys, and HATE military. So being BOTH I am screwed. Luckily I did get popped one night, I was at a stop light going East on the Pali Highway and my best friend was on his cruiser next to me. The light changed and since I knew the road was traffic free for at least the next mile I proceeded to... eh... twist a little to hard on the throttle causing a slight loss of effective gravity on the front end. Brought it back down in second gear, 2 gears later I noticed I was alone on the highway, my buddy WAY back there and I was being summoned by a white car with blue lights.

I got off that night, he didnt have my plate, and since i pulled off the side of the road (no shoulders, i was in the right lane) he told me to meet him about 1/2 mile up the road. I couldve turned and burned but i went up there and met him. He was the coolest cop ever. Asked me why I got pulled over, and I am not stupid so i didnt say "i donno" I said cause i was going way to damn fast. He laughed, ran my license to make sure i wasnt charles manson jr, and told me to slow it down and have a good ride.

Ive had bad encounters too, got pulled over with my buddy riding his R1 and speeding over a bridge, the cop clocked him at 63 in a 35 but wrote us BOTH tickets for 54 in a 35.
I had to deploy the next week or i wouldve fought it. The cop was a total ***** and I wished I couldve gone to fight that one. Even if i wouldnt have won, it still wouldve felt good to argue lol.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Superstock

Funny story about another VA Bch cop...

A friend of mine I used to ride with had a street fighter before they became BIG hits. His dad was a VB bike cop.

I was on my first bike, on a side street tryin to learn how to wheelie. I was alone, minus a few parked cars. A few unsucessful attempts later I gave up and headed back to Exxon.

A cop car shows up, and as im walking back out to the bikes from the bathroom i over hear the cop asks whos bike this is pointing at mine. I say thats my POS sir. He says "saw you tryin to wheelie back there" i was getting ready to say "nuh uh wasnt me mustve been someone else with this shitty style bike" and then I just kinda blushed and said, i was tryin but this bike just cant do it.

he says let me see your keys, im thinking hes gonna impound the damn thing... grabs my helmet puts it on starts my bike pulls out of the station and pops it up and rides it through 3rd gear. busts a u turn and brings it back. Tosses me the keys and my helmet and says, you can do it on this bike, just dont do it down here. lol

Keep in mind... he was in UNIFORM with his gun belt on and everything...
mustve really been a sight for the family tourists walking down the opposite side of the street.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Back Marker

GeMs is on a distinguished road
That is probably the coolest story I have ever heard.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:44 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jeepingoose
mustve really been a sight for the family tourists walking down the opposite side of the street.
Would've been nice to get a photo of that!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Jeepingoose
Funny story about another VA Bch cop...

A friend of mine I used to ride with had a street fighter before they became BIG hits. His dad was a VB bike cop.

I was on my first bike, on a side street tryin to learn how to wheelie. I was alone, minus a few parked cars. A few unsucessful attempts later I gave up and headed back to Exxon.

A cop car shows up, and as im walking back out to the bikes from the bathroom i over hear the cop asks whos bike this is pointing at mine. I say thats my POS sir. He says "saw you tryin to wheelie back there" i was getting ready to say "nuh uh wasnt me mustve been someone else with this shitty style bike" and then I just kinda blushed and said, i was tryin but this bike just cant do it.

he says let me see your keys, im thinking hes gonna impound the damn thing... grabs my helmet puts it on starts my bike pulls out of the station and pops it up and rides it through 3rd gear. busts a u turn and brings it back. Tosses me the keys and my helmet and says, you can do it on this bike, just dont do it down here. lol

Jeepingoose, was your friend's name Steve, aka Metalhead, and his bike was the "Frankenbike"?
Old 03-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Superstock

HAHA YES!
Good ole MetalHead

how did you know?
Old 03-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Because he and I are/were good friends as well. I've known him for about 6-7 years or so. I'm wondering if we've met before. We must have, because I hung around the Exxon for years too, now a BP station as of about 4 years ago. I frequented the area most before I was married, between 94 and 96, then not so frequently until 98 when I transferred to Charleston, SC. Moved back to HR in 01 and was there until 06. Do our times match up?

What's your name?

Correction to the earlier post. The bike was FrankenZuki!
Old 03-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Superstock

My name is Adam, I had the ONLY Kawasaki EX500 in the world it felt like lol.

It was pacific blue and I had a blue and black First Gear Jacket with a blue and white HJC helmet. And yeah our times match up I was stationed in the navy at Little Creek from 99 till 04 then I lived in the area still till about late '05.

I used to ride with him alot, taught me alot about how to use momentum and not be so skured in the turns.

If I am thinking of the right bike (i cant remember specifics, tell about your SH) I think you might be the reason I fell in love with the SH. I remember a guy on a SH who used to hang out every once in a while down there, and i wanted his bike REALLY bad.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Superstock

Heres a pic of a trick i used to do on the EX all the time. Thats the same jacket and helmet from when I was in VA.
Attached Thumbnails I Respect Cops....But DAMN!-cross_over.jpg   I Respect Cops....But DAMN!-shaka.jpg   I Respect Cops....But DAMN!-sittin_sideways.jpg  
Old 03-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Dude, you look familiar. Back in the day the Superhawk was red, not white. Always had the Fox twin clicker, CF hugger, CF front fender, Sargent seat, and low mount Ti Hindles back then. In '02 I bought an RC51. Kept it mainly stock except for PCII, Sargent seat, and Harris high mount Ti pipes. Used to hang around with Al R., Ray N., John M., Ken W., Mark H., and a few other guys. We called ourselves the "Coast Riders", and later a few of us started a CCS race team called CR2 (Coast Riders Racing). In '04 I bought the 1000RR - red. Steve would occasionally go on rides with us. Our favorite loop was Princess Anne, over the bridge to Blackwater, then down to 17. 17 to some country roads which eventually put us in NC to a road called Sand Bank. Best riding in the area. We stayed away from Pungo because there was one way in and one way out. Not good if yer speedin.

I've got a few old pics of my bike(s) on my website. Check em out.

Where did you get your VTR? Did you buy it from a guy who had Trojan stickers on it?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Superstock

Ya I think it WAS your bike that made me love the V-Twin. I used to ride with Alvin Toro (the Armanian) He had a blue SV 650 and then an R6 then a furred out R1.

Ya he and I used to get in trouble alot, usually for his wheelies and me just being there. lol
Old 03-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Yeah, I remember Alvin. Didn't they use to call one of his group the "Crash Test Dummy"?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Superstock

Lol ya i think so. I still talk to Alvin, hes on my myspace, got out of the Navy and is now in TX and still rides crazy. In fact all he does is stuntin now. And hes damn good at it. Won some shows and meets and stuff.

I looked at your site, and YEP that was you lol... damn funny small world.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Here's a couple of pics:

1st - Exxon on a normal Fri night
2nd - a get-together. I'm top-right.
3rd - here's one of Steve
Attached Thumbnails I Respect Cops....But DAMN!-dsc01026-net.jpg   I Respect Cops....But DAMN!-dsc01665-sm.jpg   I Respect Cops....But DAMN!-dsc01669-sm.jpg  
Old 03-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Administrator
World Champion

One more down in Pungo...

Wow, this ****'s bringin' back some memories....
Attached Thumbnails I Respect Cops....But DAMN!-dsc01033-net.jpg  
Old 03-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Superstock

Holy crap ya it is!

Haha I remember you now, and i recognize Brad in the second pic of the get together. Rode with him sometimes too. Few other guys i recognize but not off hand. Been a while, those were the good ole days. Take a cruise down the strip in the winter takes 10 mins, summer takes 2 hours lol.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Administrator
World Champion

That last pic, the bike in the bottom left is my VTR. Is that your EX parked next to me???
Old 03-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Superstock

no, mine was a bright ocean blue. ill see if i can dig up a pic but i doubt it.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Do you remember Mark Heroux?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Superstock

Name sounds familier... what did he ride?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Usually everyone else's bike, but then an R6. I'll send you a PM...
Old 04-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Back Marker

barrysuperhawk
Originally Posted by nuhawk
If you show up and the cop doesn't the judge has nobody to verify the state's case and you get off.

If you don't show up - it doesn't make a difference whether the cop shows or not - you are assumed guilty as charged and the bench issues a warrant.

In Illinois, that loophole has been gone for a long time. You show up. the cop dosen't, if you want to fight, the DA asks for and gets an extention, you have to COME BACK to court and listen to the cop lie about how your 9 mph per hour overage was a reckless and irresponsible danger to all of humanity...
Old 04-27-2008, 12:26 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by barrysuperhawk
In Illinois, that loophole has been gone for a long time. You show up. the cop dosen't, if you want to fight, the DA asks for and gets an extention, you have to COME BACK to court and listen to the cop lie about how your 9 mph per hour overage was a reckless and irresponsible danger to all of humanity...

Illinois sucks. Even in the Peoples Republik of Tijuanafornia, if the cop doesn't show the ticket is dismissed, but the ****** do have another new angle. If you plead guilty, you can do traffic school and keep the ticket off your record. If you plead not guilty and lose, no traffic school and they charge you a pile more money. This used to be a free country.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:59 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
-deleted-

that was a bold statement, but i have had some VERY bad experiences. i'm clean cut and respectful, with 2-3 speed. tix ever. for some reason i have just ran into several cops that think they are god. i have never provoked an officer in any way, either. lets just leave it alone with this.

Last edited by j shizzy wizzy; 06-02-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:41 PM
Administrator
World Champion

That's a very bold and blanket statement to make on a public forum. I'm all about freedom of speech on this forum, and this is the NVT section, but there are LEOs that are members here (if you even read this entire thread you'd know that). Thus I consider this direct name-calling and will not be permitted, so consider this a warning. You ARE entitled to your own opinion, and you also have the option of deleting your post if you desire.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:46 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Well said Hawkrider. Stereotyping is like racism, judge people as individuals. I've been let off by cops several times in my 45 years of driving. I've also been pulled over by some jerks.

Once while driving with 3 friends to Mammoth Mountain (back in early '80s) I was doing 80mph in a 55 on highway 14 south of Mojave when I passed a Kern County Sheriff, still doing 80 (we were talking and by the time I saw the b&w it was too late). Oh, and I forgot that my brights were on until I was past him.

Its 1 AM, the sheriff asks me to step to the back of my car and says "Its not so much that you passed me going 80, but that you had your brights on".

Long story short, he let me go after shining his flashlight inside the car and seeing everyone was sober.

I also got a break from a Sonoma County Sheriff when I was in the Navy in '67. He was already filling out the ticket and I told him I couldn't afford the insurance increase on my Navy pay ($200/month). He let me go.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:35 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
I forgot one thing - this road is 5 lanes with a chicken lane in the middle. Anyone can turn left in front of you in a moment's notice. It is traveled by more than 50k vehicles per day.
whats a chicken lane???
Old 06-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Squid

Unclutchable is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
whats a chicken lane???
middle lane = chicken lane
Old 06-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Back Marker

lhoward1134 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
I also got a break from a Sonoma County Sheriff when I was in the Navy in '67. He was already filling out the ticket and I told him I couldn't afford the insurance increase on my Navy pay ($200/month). He let me go.

They had internal combustion engines back then? Just kidding. I have also gotten pulled over by some douches, and I have also gotten pulled over by some really nice people. Had an officer pull me over for doing a wheelie. We chatted a few minutes in the middle of the road, and before he let me go he told me he had a cbr600 and wanted to know how I did the wheelie. It's just like any other profession. There are nice guys, and there are jerks. I respect the cool ones and pretend to respect the douches.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:14 PM
huh
Squid

01-hawkster is on a distinguished road
I refuse to pay an insanely priced ticket like the 2 that I got last week. 1 for unsafe lane change -$225.00, and failure to signal -$175.00 Im just gonna sit it out in the local county hotel for two days.

Quick Reply: I Respect Cops....But DAMN!