RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Harley Davidson riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 06:49 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Good news/bad news: I got it for a great price, about $120 from newenough. The bad, it was several years ago and they were surplus/clearance items. I see them pop up on ebay from dealers from time to time. It has a large Honda Racing logo on the back.

Yes, it is a leather/tex combo with liner and 4 large vents making it a great 3 season jacket for down here. For our 6 month summer, it's gotta be mesh. :-(
Old 02-23-2006, 07:12 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Same goes for S. FLA. I tried one for the summer and had to sell it. It's mesh/leather in the summer or I just don't ride, unlike the other mental midgets down here who wear shorts, tank top and filp-flops! If your one of those mental midgets......no offense........................................... ..................DUMBASS.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Re: Harley Davidson riders

They just need to use some Mental Floss to clear out the bad habits formed formed from watching other mental midgets....

I learned my lesson the hard way, shorts, tee, shoes, getoff on my back and side, Thanks God I was only doing about 8 mph, it felt like a freakin Mack Truck hit me.....Good times, good times.....Now I don't go with the gear, never ever, not even around the block...Ok well every now and then around the block...lol.....
Old 02-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Superstock

BirdofParadise is an unknown quantity at this point

"unlike the other mental midgets down here who wear shorts, tank top and filp-flops! If your one of those mental midgets......no offense........................................... ..................DUMBASS. "

Superhawk22,
Don't hold back your feelings on our account.

Those people are all honorary DOT members (volunteers) who willingly give what they can to the highway repaving effort.
Some even wear helmets.

Why you would want to save such a severely infected computer is beyond me though.
I guess total recall of their "days on the road crew" is what they are after.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:44 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by BirdofParadise";p=&quot
Those people are all honorary DOT members (volunteers) who willingly give what they can to the highway repaving effort.
Some even wear helmets.
Oh is that what it is......pavement donors.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:46 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by BirdofParadise";p=&quot
Superhawk22,
Don't hold back your feelings on our account.
I do seem to have that problem here huh?
Old 02-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Superstock

BirdofParadise is an unknown quantity at this point

Argh! Darn time outs....had to sign back in.

Don't bottle it up so much it is just not healthy. :wink:
Old 02-23-2006, 11:56 AM
MotoGP

Pent up anger and such......it'll give you a heart attack.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Squid

vtrstunta

i dont like harley's either, or the majority of their owners (my uncle is cool, tho!!). i would never buy one because that is'nt me... all about the sportbikes! the only thing we all have to give credit for to harley is the v-rod: porsche designed engine, it actually looks kinda cool..and the "screaming eagle" edition v-rod is now the quickest street legal production cruiser ever.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:57 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superhawk22";p=&quot
It's mesh/leather in the summer or I just don't ride, unlike the other mental midgets down here who wear shorts, tank top and filp-flops! If your one of those mental midgets......no offense........................................... ..................DUMBASS.
I'll go you one better. Our mental midgets wear that same gear here even into winter! I guess they take "looking cool" literally as well as figuratively.

Back to the HD crowd, I want to get one so I can dress like a pirate too. Arrrrrr!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:59 PM
MotoGP

IIIIIIIIII matie
Old 02-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Bling, you don't need a reason to drop $22,000 on a bike....If you wanna be cool, go ahead and get one....don't make excuses, like I wanna be a pirate or something....LOL
Old 02-23-2006, 09:08 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by superbling";p=&quot
I'll go you one better. Our mental midgets wear that same gear here even into winter! I guess they take "looking cool" literally as well as figuratively.
Oh and that's year round here too.....and they look at me like I'm some sort of idiot.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by superbling";p=&quot
Oh and that's year round here too.....and they look at me like I'm some sort of idiot.
Some sort of idiot...um....hmmm......LOL
Old 02-23-2006, 09:12 PM
MotoGP

Hey now I could drive all night and kick your *** in the afternoon if your not careful.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:22 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Hey now I could drive all night and kick your *** in the afternoon if your not careful.
BLAH, ha ha ha.....stop it, your killing me long distance.....lol....

Besides, it is supposed to rain here tomorrow, you wouldn't want to ride in that....see, I got your back.......know don't you ever threatin me again, or things might get ugly.....capeche... I won't have to drive all night, I will just pick up the phone, and your done, probably at 400 yards..... :wink:
Old 02-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Superstock

sprhawk neil is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw a shirt the other day that said if they had more enginers than lawyers they would have better motorcycles! I live in a small town with the majority of bikes being harlys or how ever you spell it.and none wave when passing.I have always wanted to turn around and pass them in a stand- up wheelie and flip them off!! to show them what a real v-twin is supposed to run like
Old 06-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Squid

JonnyRocket is on a distinguished road
chrome will get ya laid, but it won't get ya home:-D
Old 06-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Squid

grampi
Originally Posted by jschmidt
They're the most successful motorcycle company in the world. And no one is better at producing the product they produce for the audience who wants it. Every motorcycle company would love to have Harley's margins and customer loyalty. And every top business school teaches about Harley.

I had the opportunity to ride the entire Harley and Buell product line (for a week) in the Fall. They are neither as bad as you imagine, nor as unreliable. In the end, the XBs were my next to least favorites, after the Sportsters. I'd expected the opposite to be true. In fact, one or another Dyna-class might make a fun second-bike.

They are more suitable to the kind of riding (cruising) that their owners enjoy -- certainly -- than a Superhawk. This is simply a matter of bike preference. To make it anything more is to miss the essential point of riding, as it relates to freedom.
It's even more amazing Harley has been able to achieve this level of success offering a far inferior product.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Squid

JonnyRocket is on a distinguished road
i've got one...

my father, trades in his 92 softail custom for a ultra classic electra glide...(all the fancy bells and whistles).. now this was back when they were uber valuable and noone could find a used harley if it crashed in front of them....

then he turns into mr harley... harley this harley that... what a great investment etc etc etc... you shouldnt train at MMI for honda... you NEED HARLEY... yah right i say... you'll see i say, the bottom of this baby boomer's last rebellion will fall out and your bike won't be worth shat..

2 years later, he tries to trade his ultra in...

dealer wouldnt give him $6000 trade in on a bike he paid over $18,000 for.. (before the extras)
tsk tsk... he rides his VStrom more than his harley...
Old 06-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Back Marker

3D02 is on a distinguished road
I'm not big fan of Harley bikes. There a few that look good. I disagree with the generalizations that Harley riders don't wave, etc. I've had many a conversation with the Harley riders, and on occasion they do wave. They are no more inclined to be ___holes than some of the sportbike people I've met. As for their tendency of wearing of chaps and other black leather garments, I don't see that as being any different than some of the sportbike guys getting all dudded up in their one piece leathers for a leisurely run to some cafe in the country.
Everyone's a badazz biker. Everyone's a racer.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:00 AM
Squid

grampi
I work for the National Weather Service and we periodically have to attend training courses at the training center in Kansas City. I just went through a class last week with 2 Harley dudes. The folks in the WS are a tight knit group, and these guys were no exception. We got along as though we'd known each other for years. I asked them why they decided to go with a Harley. The one guy had no bones about telling me it was all about the image. The other guy said it because he hated losing money and pointed out that Harley's hold their value better.

I've run into A LOT of Harley dudes over the years and I've learned to take a passive approach with them. I still like to get their opinions as to why they chose a Harley, but I no longer try to convince them that the metrics are better (enen though they are)....unless they start trash talking, then all bets are off. The Harley thing is like a cult and once someone's life has been overtaken by it, no amount of stats and/or facts is going to change their minds. You can sit there and prove to them that the metrics are better in every way, but they aren't gonna budge. It's like a unexplainable virus that takes over all reasoning functions of the brain. I guess it's a like alcoholism; you have to experience it to understand it. I guess I will never understand it.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:30 AM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
Greetings from Harley country. Needless to say I have some personal experience in this feild. I don't think it's as simple as Harley vs. Honda, it depends when you are riding. If I am commuter riding we all generally wave to eachother. We are using our bikes as legitimate transportation, not to mention leaving all of our asses out on the line in rushhour traffic. Saturday morning rides are a different story entirely. This is when the fashion bikers come out. They need to polish up the chrome and go out to show it off. They do not wave. However yesterday morning I went past three couples on Harleys in a row. I waved to each and everytime the man in the lead ignored me and the woman following waved. Anyway thats my Milwaukee perspective.

Kendrick
Old 06-18-2006, 01:55 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Kendrick
I waved to each and everytime the man in the lead ignored me and the woman following waved.Kendrick
That's happened to me several times down here as well.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
Here on Long Island the majorty of Harley riders are NOT hardcore Harley badasses. Most are baby boomers/midlife crisis victims. I find that the hardcore Harley dudes are more likely to wave than the richboys on their chromed-out rattletraps. An Kendrick is right. Far fewer weekend bikers wave than the commuters like myself.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Squid

Nighthawk is on a distinguished road
I wanna a Britten Bike... http://www.britten.co.nz/

I find here in NZ that it doesn't matter what you ride, you get a wave or a node back... Irespect anyone on two wheels
Old 01-11-2008, 02:27 AM
Squid

quakefiend420 is on a distinguished road
sorry to revive a dead topic, but i have a harley as well as a hawk..they both serve their purpose...the harley is more comfortable for long trips and i can carry more, the hawk is faster and more fun to play with in the twisties

soon i'll be getting a dirt bike to play with as well

i enjoy motorcycles of many types, and i have no desire to limit myself to just one particular type of bike...if you only want to ride sportbikes, or only ride harleys, that's your business, personally, i'll take the blonde, the brunette, and the redhead
Old 01-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Squid

litemoto is on a distinguished road
DAMN, once again, I must say, I am glad to be a member of this forum... I WAS thinking of spending money on a HD, but maybe I'll spend it at the TRACK, on the TRACKBIKE, etc...
Old 01-19-2008, 08:27 PM
KindredGhost
Back Marker

KindredGhost is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JonnyRocket
chrome will get ya laid, but it won't get ya home:-D

Apparently Owning a mac computer will get you laid too.

KG

Pure marketing geniuses...

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson riders