SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   RANT! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/)
-   -   Harley Davidson riders (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/harley-davidson-riders-8152/)

superhawk22 02-20-2006 09:47 PM

Re: Harley Davidson riders

You both do know you're both right don't you? They're neither as bad as mikstr says nor as good as Jschmidt says. As with anything the more of them there are the more A-holes are involved and that group is one of the biggest. In my 20 years of street ridding I've had my share of Harley riders help me out and more than my share of B.S. from them. I had one Harley rider offer to give me and my bike a ride home after a semi-serious crash. While I've also had a guy threaten to string my Honda Nighthawk up a tree and set fire to it like they do in sturgis and YES he was being serious. I also had one tell my brother after he hit a giant pot-hole and front endo he should've been ridding a hog and it wouldn't have happened while my bro bled on the ground. One last one, (there's more but I won't bore you with 'em) when a guy wanted to fight because I said I would never buy a Harley if they keep making the same bikes they make now. Some wave, some don't but as a whole they wave less frequently then others. That could be because some are just clueless to motorcycle etiquette as alot of them are first timers. And yes I have freinds that ride Harleys but I don't really like them either. :lol:

Loco 02-20-2006 11:02 PM

Good thing its not a sensitive issue...

superhawk22 02-20-2006 11:11 PM

Hey FU Loco! You tryin to start somethin, that's right back off biatch......:lol:

Anonymous 02-21-2006 02:07 AM

I disconnect my computer for a few days and I come back to a smoldering screen display.
There are some really divided views on the Harley thing, both the bikes and the riders. Not all Harley riders are "Angels" ( :wink: ) to be sure, but I've met Asshls from other segments as well. When I do not get a return wave I try not to take it personal. Who the hell cares, your not sleeping with them! It does not matter what they are ridding Harley or not, some folks wave some don't. Fkm!
They are on two wheels be glad for that.
Are the "Hogs" technologically retarded...you bet.
I've ridden many Harley models over the years and hands down they are from an ancient error. (pun intended)
There is a public expectation that someone in black leather and chaps is trying to prove something or puff up their macho or just plain mean.

Not everyone needs to get bent over to enjoy the ride.

Race replicas? Do most of the folks buying them really think they are genetically related to Valentino Rossi. High sport bike accident rates seem to say yes. How enjoyable can it be to go from 110 to 0 in an instant playing in traffic or going off a corner into the canyon?

You ride what appeals to you. In the future I might want (or need) a slow comfortable cruiser where technology is not an issue. For now my 90degree V suits me. I'll keep fixing its flaws until it fits my just right.

It is too bad some idiots’ mistake aggression for brand loyalty but there have been more destructive riots over a sporting event than over a motorcycle make.

Next time you are upset at some grungy long bearded Harley rider for not waving, think how stupid he would look with his leather vest, "Mother" tatoos and nasty white/gray beard and ponytail blowing out from under a full-faced helmet behind a speed screen. Do you really want him as your poster boy?

BirdofParadise 02-21-2006 02:11 AM

I forgot to sign in...
My post above.

Jim TT 02-21-2006 07:56 AM

Reading some of the responses ( I would echo what was said by Superhawk22) I thought I should add my own belief that Harley Riders are just like the rest of us, that is some are great guys and some complete ass holes. I don't want to sound like I think they have a corner on the 'jerk' market. I have had as much bull shit from BMW riders as Harley Riders. And I think image is something all riders are concerned about: I do however think image is more important to a HD rider than a sport bike rider. Hey I know too many people who have a 20 year gap in their riding who have jumped into the HD thing like a reformed alcoholic. I have ridden non stop since 1966 so I tend to view this as a fad. And while I have had run ins with HD guys, the bad ass thing to a degree extends to all curser riders. For me the bottom line is that cursers are low performance in every sense of the word and people who are really into riding the way I practice it don't chose them. I did own an ACE 750 for a few years which I bought so I would have something to ride with my HD / curser friends but even with an under powered 750 they road too slow for my taste so I sold it and now stick to my sport bikes instead. Buy the way give me an XR750 for the road if they would make one I would buy it.

Too cool to wave, there are those types but there have been many times when my hands where WAY too busy to return a wave – I wonder if they thought I was a stuck up crotch rocket rider?

OH, one more thing that annoys me about cursers, people who have never ridden a motorcycle or never ridden one over 90 miles an hour will say that ‘crotch rockets’ ( an acronym I do not care for) look SO UNCOMFORTABLE. OK fare enough, but after I explain to them why they are not and why the lazy boy position becomes unbearable after a few hours on the road, the universal response seems to be “Ya Right”. The fact that I have 40 years riding experience seems to carry no credibility, it’s as if they think I’m just some strange anomaly of a rider who really doesn’t know what he’s talking about. That annoys me, but it shows how hard people will cling to stereotypes even when solid evidence points in another direction. If you want to ride a lazy boy stay at home. JIM

Loco 02-21-2006 07:58 AM

I've considered for a long time expanding my garage to include about 5 bikes in total:

1) Fast V-Twin Sportbike (got that one)
2) Workhorse dirt bike (YZ250 i think)
3) Track Bike (Probably a GSXR750, R6, F4i)
4) Dream Bike (MV Agusta/999r etc.)
5) Cruiser/Chopper

Number 5 has never been, and never will be a Harley. There is so much image tied up into riding a Harley that I'm not sure I could handle it. I'm not one to really care what people think about my riding style or how I act around my bike. I have never gotten much positive vibe from HD riders, and I get the "superiority" look just about every time I pass a pack of them. This is not to say that every Harley rider wants to kick your ass or spit on you, I know a couple of very nice Harley riders, one of which may be a full-time riding buddy (it's a she). But even she (seasoned Harley rider) admits that the Harley attitude is unmistakable.

I want a damn bike, not a lifestyle. Forget technology, Harley-Davidson may not be the most perfect piece of machinery that has every graced pavement, but people eat the shit up, and $15,000 is the buy-in. I will probably stick with Honda and get myself a VTX1800 when my mid-life crisis hits (sometime around 28 ).

I'm not doublechecking my post, hope it makes sense.

BirdofParadise 02-21-2006 11:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jim TT";p=&quot (Post 17201)
Buy the way give me an XR750 for the road if they would make one I would buy it.
Too cool to wave, there are those types but there have been many times when my hands where WAY too busy to return a wave – I wonder if they thought I was a stuck up crotch rocket rider?

I guess I'm not the only one to be smitten with the XR750. I raced against some on the outlaw dirt tracks upstate N.Y. and was impressed with their capabilities. The riders were all great people. Ghost Motorcycles on Long Island had a street legal ex-racer for sale but I could not afford it at 16. The 883R sporty has been done up to look like an old XR750 but I think it misses the mark by a mile and it is around 200lbs heavier..
The 750 was an animal in its time and for a while was kicking ass until the rules were changed (more fair for equal competition) and the 750 began to lose. Again it is a matter of taste. Riding an out of control flat tracker might not appeal to everyone...but it sure would be fun. :D

I wonder what a SHawk would ride like with flat bars, dirt tires, and a dual compression release system. I suppose the steering stops would have to be moved to get the wheel crossed up enough.

I too am guilty of not returning "the wave". Sometimes my personal safety outweighs being cordial.

superhawk22 02-21-2006 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You should always be in control enough to be cordial. :wink:

Randman 02-21-2006 09:24 PM

Holy Crap Bateman!! I am only gone for a week, and the natives get restless.....Can't we all just get along!!!

Ok, I admit it, I have looked at them, I have sat on them, hell I almost bought one once....price kind of got in the way.....but now I can affored, for the most part any bike I want....And I would have a hard time getting into that scene...I mean, the price is not so bad, compare the new Jap bikes (cruisers) with the Harley's, hell they aren't much better on the price...At least the American bike holds it's value....And as a salesman, I would love to see that kind of devotion (sheep) from customers...I don't see many Honda owners with a Honda Jacket, but you see the Harley jacket before you see the bike.... 8)

Anywho, I love the Hawk for now, and I will continue to wave to all cyclist, cause like someone else said, at least there on two wheels, and not in a suburban tring to run me down....Cause we can twist the throttle a little and leave em wishing they were on a smooth bitch like ours!!! my .02 worth.

BirdofParadise 02-22-2006 01:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cliffhangerstx";p=&quot (Post 17247)
Holy Crap Bateman!!
I don't see many Honda owners with a Honda Jacket.... 8)

Aeh, Ahem.

superhawk22 02-22-2006 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm guilty as well. :wink: But in my defense I only wear it when ridding.

Loco 02-22-2006 08:21 AM

Mine says Honda also, but it's hard to tell in the pic

[web:7bcc9744fb]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/Lanust/pink-assless-chaps.jpg[/web:7bcc9744fb]

superhawk22 02-22-2006 08:30 AM

NOOOOOOOOO Not again my eyes my eyes someone pour acid in my eyes!! :lol:

BirdofParadise 02-22-2006 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
"Loco" ="Mine says Honda also, but it's hard to tell in the pic"

In this case you can see more than the jacket before the bike. :x

Now if you will excuse me I need to go pluck out my eyes, and douse my brain in acid to blur future flashbacks. :lol:

SuperHawk22 can you pour some acid on these too :shock:

superhawk22 02-22-2006 08:48 AM

:lol: Yeah I forgot about the flashbacks. Where's that Total Recall machine at when you need it?

Anonymous 02-22-2006 09:28 AM

See what?, I didn't see anything, there was no bike, or jacket, or anything, I saw nothing, I heard nothing, I will do nothing....I am afraid, I am very afraid...someone please help me....I am loosing balance, I am falling, falling, not stopping, dropping....down, down, down.....

Please, for the Love of god man, never ever, ever show that again. somethings should remain on the wall in your garage, for your eyes only, and for your enjoyment only (if that's the way you roll) And should never be thrust upon normal society.....The future of man kind depends upon it....shewww :lol:

superhawk22 02-22-2006 09:32 AM

The names not on it but it's got to be cliffhanger. Did you see the jacket post?

Anonymous 02-22-2006 09:55 AM

Yup, so what's wrong with the site? I am a guest now, so i am gone for a week and I loose my statis, holy crap monkey's....lol... :lol:

Randman 02-22-2006 09:57 AM

Oh, yeah, it was me, on that post

Originally Posted by superhawk22";p=&quot (Post 17284)
The names not on it but it's got to be cliffhanger. Did you see the jacket post?

superbling 02-22-2006 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
RIDE RED! and black..... and with leather, padded inserts.... and a nice collection of the insect world. :lol:

Randman 02-22-2006 11:06 AM

LOL.....so how's the weather been down in south TX? We got off the plane Sat evening in shorts, and tee's....stepped out to a winter wonder land, almost....27 deg, ice, rainy.... I am itching like a mother to ride, I just ain't gonna do it in this weather......What the hell do folks up North do when they can't ride for weeks....or months even??

BirdofParadise 02-22-2006 11:24 AM

Does the phrase "baby boom" ring a bell?

Randman 02-22-2006 02:16 PM

AAhhhhhh, the ole, it's too cold to play outside, let's play inside....I see...lol

superhawk22 02-22-2006 02:19 PM

Or if they're married.......they're working on the bike.....by themselves.........in the garage......alone......did I metion no wives or children are allowed in the garage. :lol:

Randman 02-22-2006 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by superhawk22";p=&quot (Post 17317)
Or if they're married.......they're working on the bike.....by themselves.........in the garage......alone......did I metion no wives or children are allowed in the garage. :lol:

See, I thought that was just understood....I mean mine knows her place...Women are to be seen and not heard....Got that Shit!!!

oops, gotta run, forgot to do the dishes, and the laundry before said ball n chain gets home.....LOL

superhawk22 02-22-2006 02:38 PM

Well we know who wears the pants in that family. :wink:........What's that honey?......Yes I'm getting of the computer now dear. :roll:

Randman 02-22-2006 02:47 PM

shew, that was close.....

(scurries off to hide in the closet while he talks big, hoping she won't be on to him...)

Yeah, you big pussy....A real man don't let his ole lady tell him when it's time to get off the computer!! I mean, where is your self respect man....

Les 02-22-2006 02:54 PM

Where's the best place to get one of those leather Honda jackets. Me want one.

Randman 02-22-2006 03:04 PM

Yeah, those look good....Is it TEX and Leather....or all Leather?